Second Chance

Submitted into Contest #54 in response to: Write a story about a TV show called "Second Chances."... view prompt

0 comments

General

There was white puffy clouds floating by her as she laid in the grass dreaming about her boyfriend, Tyler who was trying out for a part on a television show named "First Chance". She had read over the lines with Tyler last night and it was about an actor getting his first chance on making it big.. Instead, of thanking God for his big break, the actor gets a big head and turns his back on God. It is suppose to be about how people thank themselves for the big breaks they get instead of thanking God who had been working behind the situation to make everything work out.

As she thought about Tyler, she grew more excited and start to daydream about what she would like to do to Tyler which some of it would probably shock him. She loved to run her slim hands through his soft blond hair, brown eyes that remind her of an animal that was caught in a pair of headlights. They were soft to look at ,but still demanding to know all the answers to any unanswered question he had. Pale pink lips that could kiss any protest she tried to utter. Broad shoulder to carry the weight of the world which he tried to solve all his friend's problems. Husky waist and long legs that were strong enough to go shopping with her and then run for about two miles on a tread mill. She loved Tyler Seth Newton and would probably go crazy if something happen to him.

He kept her grounded as she liked to do several things at one time. She could be cooking and writing a letter to someone. Her favorite thing to do which drove Tyler crazy because she could keep the details of both apart in her mind and she even knew details Tyler had missed. She loved to watch a movie and read a book at the same time. He couldn't do it ,but Susie had done it several times when he had been present to watch her do it.

He loved to look at Susie with her shoulder length brown hair, brown eyes, red kissable lips that drove him crazy. A body that was stunning to say the least. Pass the chest that any man would consider himself lucky just to be able to get a glimpse at them, a slim waist, and legs that he had seen men do a double take at her. He always wanted to say, "She is all mine men, eat your hearts out. You can look all you want to ,but no touching."

She was ,so proud of Tyler and his attitude of "You have to try to get it, a lot of hard work will do it." A lot of times, his attitude had left him at the wayside of the road as he didn't get the part he wanted. Today, feeling different is what he had told Susie when he left her apartment after getting his good luck kiss. Running over his lines as he drove to the studio to his part for the director. Why did he feel like turning his car around and running for the hills? He kept telling himself that Susie believe in him, he had to believe in himself for Susie. I will be glad for even the littlest part. I just don't want to let my God Almighty and Susie down one more time. "Please protect me and guide me God. Amen!"

Why couldn't he get rid of the feeling of dread that he ws dong something wrong? Why couldn't he shake the feeling that had seemed to invade his body and was tightening it's hold with every passing second? Was he doing something God didn't want him to do ,but he didn't want to let Susie down again by not getting the part, any part. The look that would cross her beautiful face was heart breaking. He had already lose his apartment and his car because he wanted to focus on his acting career that seemed to be going nowhere fast. As he drove on, he kept thinking "I have to get my foot in the door." Why did it feel like if he got his foot in the door, it would be smashed? Was this the wrong door for him to go through.

The day couldn't get any better than now and how she was feeling at this moment. Everything seemed so perfect and peacefully, she hoped that this feeling, this day would go on forever. She prayed for Tyler to find true happiness and to feel loved and cared for. Images came floating through her mind of Tyler grabbing her and giving her a kiss. He would look into her eyes as he said "I got the star role. The rehearsal starts tomorrow. This is so exciting. I love you ,so much. Marry me?"

A hush would fall on the people in the room as she whispered "Yes!" Tears would flow from her eyes as they would hug each other and Tyler would kiss her tears away. She would be ,so happy for Tyler as he got his dream role and he was ,so proud that she speechless. Everything would be working out for them as their lives would intersect into their future together. Nothing could ruin this day for the lovers of their now.

She started to walk home slowly just enjoying the day's sunshine and peace. Everything was going in the right direction. Everything was going to work out for them now. God was on their side and walking hand in hand with them. How could anything go wrong on this special day?

As soon as the thought was out in the open Susie knew she had said something she was going to regret. Hearing running footsteps coming her way, she started to have a sinking feeling. A feeling that she was not going to like. As she squinted to make sure of her brother. Why was he running in such a determined fashion? By the stride of his legs and the waving of his arms, she knew without a doubt he was looking for her. She knew in the pits of her stomach that it wasn't going to be good news.

As her brother drew closer, the words that came tumbling out of his mouth was the worst words that she had ever heard. "Tyler has been hit by a drunk driver. Come on, he's asking for you. He is in bad shape." Grabbing hold of her hand, they took off running in the direction of where he was. She was breathing hard from the force of trying to keep up with her brother. "Please God, let me get to him in time." She whispered over and over to her God Almighty."

Seeing a crowd around a white car, she knew that was where Tyler was lying. broken and bleeding. Waiting for her to arrive. A path started to clear for her as she slowed to a walk to catch her breath ,so she could speak normally to Tyler. She wanted to grab him up and take him far, far away from this awful mess.

Kneeling down beside him, she took his hand and look deep into his eyes, she softly said "I love you." Now, his handsome face was covered with cuts and bruises. His blond hair had blood mixed in it's depths where his head had hit the cement. Tyler smiled at her and said, "I love you dearly. Don't ever forget me." Tyler took his last breath and passed into another world that only he could see.

At the funeral, Mary Ann got up in front of the crowd to say some special words just for Tyler. She looked the crowd over and said "I know Tyler is up in Heaven doing his part of God's Second Chance for Believers. He has the lead role and he is doing it with all his might." She sat down to find peace was with her and she knew God was right beside her.

August 15, 2020 03:48

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.