0 comments

Horror Adventure Romance

The sun blinded my copper eyes, making me squint them.  Colorful leaves flitted to the ground in a random pattern.  Red, oranges, and dark browns covered the sidewalk.  Today was going to be a wonderful day.  Humming happily to myself, I pulled on my red plaid skirt over my black lace blouse that hugged my hourglass figure.  Tonight was my date with my crush, and a fun Halloween party.  Eight o’ clock blinked back at me, raising my heart rate.  I was late, really late.  My worn black boots clacked against the aging wooden floors down the stairs.  My mother with her beautiful green eyes filled with alarm at the sight of me.  Nervously, my shaky fingers played with my long wavy brown hair.  

“Get out you stranger!” Mom screamed, reaching for the nearest kitchen knife. “Honey, call the cops!”  My heart shattered at her sharp tone, and serious eyes.  Her neat red hair fell out of it’s tidy bun, making her look crazier.  Tears welled up in my eyes as her cell phone dialed nine one one.  She wasn’t joking, causing tears to flow down my cheeks.  The floors creaked as my boots sprinted out the front door into the sleepy little town.  Worn out houses lined each side of the street.  A strange fog crept in my direction, freezing my muscles.  Sirens blared down the street, causing me to sprint in the woods.  Tree branches pulled at my blouse, shredding it to pieces.  Relief washed over me at the site of our decaying clubhouse.  

“Who are you?” My friend queried with a deep frown. “Get out you freak!”  Sadness stabbed me in the chest,  Blaire, my green haired friend, had been like my sister since we were babies.  What the hell is going on?  Sobs shook my body as I sprinted to Sammy’s place.  Maybe he would remember me.  A large white colonial loomed in front of me.  Sighing, my fingers picked up a small gray pebble.  The rock clacked against the glass pane, alerting him.  A warm smile brightened his perfect face, his dark eyes glittering excitedly.  The stairs creaked as he flew out to meet me.  His black t-shirt and ripped jeans were dusty with fresh dirt.  That was a bit odd.   

“Evie!” He cried out, wrapping his arms around my waist. “Something weird is happening.  No one remembers me.  Please tell me you do.”  Nodding numbly with joy, he pulled me closer.  A woodsy smell melted my body, flushing my face red.  Tears flowed down his cheeks onto my hair.  His wild black hair hung around his shoulder

“Do you know what is going on?” I asked intensely, wiping a tear from his eye. “My mom called the cops on me.  Blaire kicked me out.”  A look of concern flashed across his face, causing us to look into each other’s eyes.  Realization shimmered in his eyes at a random thought.  

“Do you remember that gypsy we shrugged off months ago?” He questioned, pulling out his phone. “I think she mentioned that we shall be ignored too, forever forgotten.  Maybe we can find her.”  A lump formed in my throat as a black van pulled up next to us.  Long gloved fingers tossed us into the door.  A migraine throbbed in my forehead, ringing in my ears.  Rubbing my forehead, an old man glowered in our direction.  Evil oozed out of his every wrinkled pore.  His gray hair was slicked back, glistening in the pale lamp light.

“You should have paid attention back then.” He growled, snarling in my direction. “Then you wouldn’t be here right now.  She has demanded to see you.”  Silence hung heavily in the air only creating more tension.  Bumps and rattles aggravated my brain until the brakes squealed to a sudden stop.  Bright light flooded in as the door squealed open.  A short gray haired woman sauntered up to me.  Her pink dress flowed to the rusty metal floor.  Chubby, wrinkled hands sat on her hips.  Rolling my eyes, my arms crossed.  Sammy groaned, stirring awake.  

“Finally my revenge.” She cackled, tracing a yellow jagged finger on my cheek. “You just had to help.  All I wanted was a bit of money.”  Fear widened my eyes at the sight of a glimmering metal blade in her hand.  Sammy eyebrow’s furrowed, darkening his sweet face.  Rotted teeth grinned back at me, stopping my heart for a quick moment.  

“We didn’t have anything that day.” I retorted coolly. “We gave you a sandwich.  How is that not good enough?”  Sneering in my direction, her dirty palm slammed into my face.  He winced at my side, grimacing at our situation. 

“A sandwich!” She screeched, stomping away. “I wanted you to come with us to be our breeder wolf.” Disgust dimmed my face, vomit threatening to climb up my throat.  Chuckling to herself, a malevolent grin sickened me.  Halloween was supposed to be my day, but now I was kidnapped by some gypsy werewolves.  Even worse, they intended to breed me like a cow.  

“She doesn’t belong to anyone.” Sammy stated angrily. “She is too nice and perfect for that.”  Scarlet flushed my puffy face, making her even more irked.  Her fist clenched tightly, slamming into his nose.  A sickening crack echoed in the still air, nauseating me further.  

“If you let him go, I agree to your terms.” I blurted out desperately. “Let everyone remember him.”  Her chest rose up and down with quick irritated breaths.  A scream poured from her thin cracked lips.  

“He is the prey tonight, and you are the dessert after dinner.” She teased, ripping us apart. “You have to get ready for the ceremony of the full moon.”  Two large masked men dragged me to a gray concrete cell.  Their muscular arms chained me to the wall, slamming the iron door shut.  Hours slowly passed by until the moon started to rise.  Howls rang down the hall, bones cracking and shifting.  A fresh wave of nausea threatened to weaken me further.  Gulping, spikes stung my skin as I struggled to pull them out of the shackle.  Pain shot through my body as the spikes nearly stripped my wrist, but at least I was halfway free.  Now the door just has to be open.  I was definitely never going to be anyone’s breeder.  Large wolves of all colors sprinted past me, nearly breaking the door each time.  Sammy screamed down the hallway.  Hot tears poured down my face as I heard them rip him apart.  Guts sloshed into a pile just out of my view.   This was enough.  The cold metal bars stung against my pale skin as I rattled them violently.  

“Let me out!” I hollered, searching for a way out. “You better not harm the hair on his head.”  Giggling to herself, the old lady sauntered to the door.  A golden key swung in her hand, glimmering in the blue moonlight.  A gigantic wolf stood up behind her.  Fear widened her eyes, its claws pulling her shrewd head off of her neck.  Blood splattered all over me, painting my face red.  Her body fell to the floor with a large thud.  Dark eyes looked deeply into mine, warming my heart.  The wolf was Sammy, a soft smile curled the corner of my lips.  The black muzzle rubbed against my quivering palm.  

“I am sorry this happened to you.” I apologized meekly, petting it. “As if we weren’t freaks already.”  Snorting, his claws ripped the door off of its hinges.  A brown wolf appeared behind him and scratched my arm.  Acute pain shocked my body as hot blood dripped down my arms dripping onto the floor.  Drip, drip, the silence was deadly, and alarming.  A growl erupted from his black muzzle, his eyes glowed golden.  With a swipe large black claws ripped out the brown wolf's throat.  Gurgling, the wolf faded to a small man.  Guilt paralyzed my mind as Sammy slung me over his shoulder.  Gray stone flashed by us until we came to the edge of a vast forest.  The sun was starting to rise.  Pink painted the scene around us, the black wolf faded to the Sammy I knew.  Dried blood caked his normal face, and pale chest.  

“I don’t really want to go back.” He admitted, entwining his fingers with mine. “Why don’t we run away from here?”  His face was inches from mine, raw emotions burning between us.  His lips pressed against mine hungrily.  Pulling away, our faces flushed bright red.  

“Okay.” I replied, tossing him a pair of jeans and t-shirt I found. “Where will we go?”  Shrugging, he got dressed.  Dusting off his palms, he helped me up.  Off we went into the sunset, into our future. 

October 26, 2021 21:58

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.