0 comments

Horror Romance Suspense

"Oh my God, Mom! There's an actual moving truck in 15's driveway!"

"Rosemary! What have I told you about spying?"

"Mom! You should see these guys! They're gorgeous!"

Elizabeth strolled to the bay window, mouth agog.

"They are very well built, like granite statues." Elizabeth said.

The two women kept chatting, watching the men unload boxes and furniture. The younger daughter, Daisy, sat writing at the table, listening.

"No one's lived in 15 since Brandon killed Juliet. I bet there's still blood all over the walls and in the carpet." Rosemary said.

"You never know," Elizabeth said nonchalantly.

"Daisy, you really should see these men. My god, are they gorgeous!"

"I have work to do," Daisy said,

"What could be more important than watching God's greatest creations moving in? You're such a buzzkill. What's the story about anyway?"

"It's nothing you'd read anyway, Rose. It's not smut."

Aggravated, Rose yanked the notebook from Daisy's hand, slicing it. Blood droplets landed on Daisy's shirt.

"Hey!"

"Serves you right for talking to me that way, Ida. Now, I bet this story you tried to write has a dark man willing to whisk away some poor girl from an evil uncaring family, Newsflash, Idasia. You're stuck with us! Dad's gone and can't help you anymore!"

Elizabeth turned to see Rosemary tearing the paper up and tossing it into the air. Daisy's eyes watered. Elizabeth looked at Daisy,

"Clean up that mess then start dinner." She commanded coldly.

Daisy sighed softly, picking up the pieces and disposing of them. She started the roast and potatoes for dinner. Within an hour, Daisy served Elizabeth and Rosemary their dinner. Daisy turned to leave as Rosemary grabbed her wrist.

"Don't think you can leave. We need a servant," Rosemary sneered.

Daisy fixed a plate and sat on the back patio, away from the others. A dark haired man in a tight white tank top and jeans, hair flopping in his face, sat down next to her.

"Hello, Lovely, do you mind if I sit.."

He smelled the air. Instantly, he jerked, cracking his neck. He looked at the bandage on her hand, blood on her shirt and then her wrist.

"Who did this?" He whispered.

"I'm fine, really."

Another man, taller with well kept hair and amber eyes approached.

"Is this guy bothering you? I can make my brother leave you alone."

"Ian, she's.."

Ian looks at Daisy's frame.

"Cy, take her home."

"I am home," Daisy said.

"No, Lovey, our home. We'll protect you."

"They're really not that bad." Daisy said.

A black Lincoln MKZ pulls in the driveway. A man steps out lithely.

"Cyril, who's this?"

"Hello, I'm Daisy. I live with my mother and sister in 13."

Cyril and Ian watch James.

"Did you say 13? I've had my eye on the dark haired trollop."

Rosemary, as if summoned, appeared.

'Shouldn't you be doing dishes, Ida?" Rosemary asked.

"I'll be.."

Cyril took her good hand.

"She's coming with me," Cyril said, leading her to the men's home.

"Tell Armand to come meet the neighbors, Cy," Ian said.

"I will."

Cyril and Daisy walked away. Daisy tried to turn back and look. Cyril held her in his arms,

"It's not going to be pretty, Love. Trust me,"

As they approached the door to #15, Armand met Cyril.

"Where are Ian and James?"

"Ian said to come meet the new neighbors, Sire,"

Armand smirked.

"Excellent,"

He looked at Daisy.

"Welcome to your new family, Sweetheart. Cy, you know how to do this, right?"

"Yes, Sire."

Daisy looked between Armand and Cyril.

"Good. We'll bring you both some leftovers."

"What does he mean by leftovers? What's going on? Who are you?" Daisy asked panicking, as Armand joined the rest.

"What's going on.. Cyril?" Daisy asked.

"Well, you'll find out soon enough, Princess. Now, relax and let me take care of you."

Daisy soon fell asleep,

At #13, Elizabeth sat listening to Rosemary.

"She had the nerve to leave with one of those men! She didn't even bother to check any of them out when we looked at them, Mother!"

"That's definitely tacky of your sister to do to you, Rosemary. I never could see how your father loved her more than you. Clearly you're the better child."

"I don't see what it is that SHE has that I don't!"

A knock on the door signaled both women, causing them to jump with anxiety.

"Were you expecting anyone, Rose?"

"No."

Rose walked to the door, opening it.

"Hello, how can we help you? Wait! You're the men who moved into #15! I thought you were better looking than my sister did! Why did you take her?"

James held back his vomit.

"Sire, this one smells like marigolds. Daisy smelled better. Excellent choice."

"Yeah, Pop, how'd you get good at picking out girls?" Ian asked,

"I've been around a while, Guys. Now, Why would you..."

Armand looked at Elizabeth.

"Allow your daughter to be harmed?"

Elizabeth sputtered. Rose interjected.

"She had it coming! She always stays to herself and never does a thing I want her to do. I'm special, not her! She's plain and ugly and good for nothing! Why couldn't you choose M--"

The sound of blood splattering was the last noise Rosemary made,

"My daughter! You Fiends!"

Armand looked directly into Elizabeth's eyes.

"Bend your head to the left for me, Sweetheart. I wanna do something."

Unknowingly, Elizabeth complied. Armand, sunk his teeth into her carotid artery. blood splattered on the front of Armand's flannel shirt.

"Very Cavalier, Sire." James said.

"Eh, you hang around this earth a few hundred years, you refine your methods. It gets easier. However, the women.. the adage about getting better with age? Lie. This one tasted like old cigarettes."

They laughed as they left the scene. A few hours later, the three men came with smiles on their faces and blood on their clothes.

"Can you hand me the Tide pen? I need to get this spot out of my tie."

"Uh, James, why bother worrying about your tie when the whole front of your shirt is soaked?" Armand asked.

"Good point,"

Cyril came downstairs.

"How's she handling things, Cy?"

"She's asleep. The last thing she did was kissed my cheek and whispered that she was free."


October 28, 2020 00:33

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.