0 comments

Contemporary Romance Suspense

Sounds of clinking glasses and noises in the bar. Festus sat with his four old friends having much fun in the club, they talked about old school days and teases each other. 


Kay: so to the most important question of all, who is getting married soon? 


Fred: well I will Wed my girlfriend soon so you guys should hope for the best. 


Lewis: see who's talking about love, are you still dating Tasha or you're seeing someone. 

They laughed. 


Fred:yeaa no way I'm still going out with her. 


Kay: man is faithful here, cheers to faithfulness and loyalty, he teased. Seems someone is left out. Festus what can we say about you? 


Festus :well I don't think I will ever find love,my love was crushed, I'dont believe in love anymore. 


Ken: I agree, atleast we share the same sentiment, those charming creatures will delude you and lead you in trap, man I'm not gonna stay committed in my next relationship. 


Fred was about to cut in but Ken interrupted hey man you got a good girl so keep it right there but don't ever disagree with us. 


Fred:ok guys do whatever pleases you but I must say love is real and interesting with the right person. 


The four guys went around to dance and chilled, they all went home with ladies except Fred who is playing the faithful role. 


Tasha went for her friends marriage annniveray. She couldn't have enough of the ceremony. The man propose love to his wife again for being by his side for ten years, understanding and fighting all obstacles they encountered. Tasha wished this could be us fred but you're always prolonging and fond of excuses. 


Tasha visited Fred and told him about his friend's anniversary.

Tasha :it's been 9 years with you and seems nothing is gonna happen. I want a family, I'm not growing any younger, I'm dated out and need a husband and family. 


Fred :we've talked about this already, I'm not ready. And it's been wonderful nine years, I don't wanna lose you. I don't wanna wake up every morning hating you, my family has been bad on marriage and I wanna make a right choice. I don't wanna go through that with you. I wanna propose to you when I'm ready to propose not when you feel the need for me to do it. 


Tasha: it's been a long run but I'm afraid I can't wait for you any more maybe you should take a bow out. 


Fred:I'm always ready to accept you anytime. 


Tasha went home crying all night. She then met her friends to catch up with some drinks. 


Tasha:you know girls, I can't hide this from you, Fred and I are no more seeing each other, we broke up yesterday Infact i broke up with him. My reason been that I'm dated out and I've been with him for the past nine years and I see no signs of marriage intersts in him, he's so comfortable and girl I need a family like you lawra. 


Chloe:you Know, I think I need to see Fred and date him, you got a good guy what again are you searching for, trust me you ain't going to find such a wonderful man anywhere and ever in your life if you jilt him, you better go back or I grab him. 


Lawra:marriage you see here Tasha is not easy as they preach everywhere, it's has not been easy with Mike but we tried our best, maybe he's just been a man, give him enough time. 


Thess: give him enough time, I'm surprised you saying 9 years ain't enough time, shes complaining about no signs of marriage interest in him yet you girls can't see. what do you expect from her? come on girls it's old enough for him to settle down and have a family, y'all can't tell me Fred doesn't need a family, hope he's not cheating elsewhere, or else before you blink, girl one woman will snatch him away. Be wise. 


Chloe:this girl hasn't change a second still in her old sleeves. 


Tasha :it's OK girls I'm really confused and worried, can we plan for a week hang out somewhere afar. 


They all happily concur.


Fred called Festus and broke the news to him. Festus advised him to hold on and hope for the best, he thinks Tasha is been pressured from her friends, he told him to still keep in touch with her. Fred kept nodding knowing well he's not gonna do that. 


The ladies visited cotswold in UK best known honey - hued stone cottages and winding streets. They went to the best hotels.they created their own indoor games, had a chit chat and visited some villages close by. 


It was a night of fun and girls are preparing hot for the party. They dressed to kill and went to the club for fun. Thess hook up with a nice dude after lawra and Chloe went home since it's getting late, they ain't quite club ladies.


Tasha was feeling bored since she didn't join the other girls. Thess was busily having fun. She walked up to Thess and ask they leave. 


Thess :do i smell jealousy, someone wanna take my happiness away from me. Take a sit for me, you will go home happily forever, she laughed louder and teased.


Tasha had a sit as she was instructed.

Not so long, a tall dark well built man, with glittering in his eyes, hairy chest and a round cute chain on his neck, dressed in black long sleeves and trousers with his brighter shoe stepped in the club. This guy approached Tasha and introduced himself as Leonard, Tasha couldn't love him more. She was swept away by his looks and fragrance of him, 

They made friends and kept contact.


On that day night leonard called Tasha if they've arrived home safely , from time to time, they loved the moments they shared. The friendship zone immediately run off, Leonard would come see her or take her out almost every Saturday, when she is free. The more they spend time with each other the more they developed intimate feelings towards each other. 


Tasha gist his friends about his new found love yet to propose and how she can't wait to adore him, they girls warned her on how she speeding out things but Thess told her to ignore them. 


It was the day before the last day at Cotswold, Tasha left a note for the ladies that she's going to spend the day with Leonard till they depart home. 

On that last day morning, leonard woke up around 7:00am, he quickly ran into the bathroom and he dashed out few minutes after , he was running late for work, "Today, I will be having a meeting with our new investors and I need to be prepared before they arrive for the meeting" He thought as he clad into a white shirt.  


Leonard appeared to be in a hurry and then Tasha walked into the room with a towel wrapped around her, and walked up to thier wardrobe facing the small black dressing mirror as she danced and sang. It wasn't a dance, it was more of her moving her body in front of the mirror. But as she kept moving her body, the towel fell off, revealing her banging naked body, Leo quickly looked away as he pretended as if he saw nothing and the next minutes, he left without uttering a word to Tasha . He couldn't resist so he returned and saw Tasha lying down the bed with her legs opened wide. Leonard couldn't wait for more he quickly undress himself and got closer to Tasha, Tasha felt the warm of his body and hers, they drew their lips closer, kissing passionately.he felt his breast and went underneath of her with ice in his mouth to give. Touch to her, she moan for more, her breath went faster and beg Leonard for more.

After making out, Leonard quickly went to work to miss his investors. He got suspended till further notice, he returned home hoping to see Tasha but to his surprise she left. 


He called Tasha and broke the news to her but told her how sweet she was in the morning. Wish he had more to ease his depression. 

Tasha laughed and teased him. I wish I could but I'm preparing to leave early morning tomorrow. 


Leonard :you got to be kidding me, Cant believe you're leaving so soon but can you give me your address , will try and pay you a visit. So I'm gonna missed the sweet angel who blow me away with his intriguing beauty and adventure in bed. 


Tasha :and I'm gonna miss the man who made me felt like a woman. OK so take care, see you later. Hope we see each other soon.


Early morning Tasha felt energetic and left with her friends home. 

Tasha kept reminiscing about at the whole scene, she fell in love again, she got home safely and lied on her bed resting. Someone was at her door, she opened her door and guess who she saw. 

Tasha:she screamed you really startled me, why didn't you call or inform me you gonna be in my apartment. So you would have mess all things up supposing I was with another man in my own house. 


Fred:well I thought I miss my babe and need to amend things with her but it's unfortunate you found another love elsewhere, maybe I should go, have a great day. 


Tasha: I'm sorry Fred, I didn't hear from you though and meant no malice, I haven't moved on. I still love you.

They embraced each other and had a good sleep. 

Fred has been lodging with Tasha currently. 

Leonard came to town to pay a surprise visit to Tasha but has been on guide to read Tasha more. He noticed Tasha has quickly moved on with another man. He got hurt and stayed at a hotel. He couldn't pay that surprise visit to Tasha anymore. 


Fred woke up horny touching Tasha breasts he flipped her over. Got on top of her, started kissing her, but she seemed not interested.

He turned his game up. Kissed her on her neck as he spread her legs. She responded to the tune,she moaned loudly and kissed Fred tightly and warmly. 


Leonard was close to her apartment and heard her moan, he felt something within, violence was all written on his face. He wept and left. 



Fred: can we talk, Tasha, forgive me for all my wrongs and words, know that I'm faithful to you, I don't cheat"You sex me good and..


Tasha: Fred but marriage is more than sex. 

It is not enough to be faithful, marriage needs to have depth, substance; not centered around sex. I don't want us to be two empty souls that are faithful to each other in sexuality only. She stammered. 

 I need a family fred can't you see? 


Fred started stroking her hair gently and said, "You are right. Things changed when we departed, life got busy I guess"

She looked at him and said, "Darling people make time for what is important. 


I want to be more than the mother of your children, I want to be your wife, I want to feel like a wife. I want quality time with you like we used to have; not alot, just enough. I want to be loved and talked to. I want our time. 


Tasha :You know a woman doesn't ask for much. Even something as little as you stroking my hair touches my heart.This home is not a lodge for you to come, sleep, get sex then leave day in day out. This should be our home, our bed, our marriage. I need you as my husband"


Fred:"I need you too, he told her and kissed her.

The kiss was sweet, intense, not rushed and not sexual. It was intimate.


Fred reclined back to the bed and placed her head on his chest, for a while they talked as Fred played with her fingers. They laughed, randomly prayed, and felt emotionally connected.


Leonard heart must have stopped beating as he starred in horror and disbelief as he saw the two naked people on bed. There was so much intense hate in his eyes as he watched them in the thrones of lovemaking that they were not aware of his presence.

All kinds of thoughts run through Leonard's mind, in those few seconds as he stared at them. He's sure if he had a gun in his hand, he would have fired and kill them without blinking an eye. He also felt the urge to run to the bed, grab Fred and beat the life out of him. However, somehow, He restrained himself. Recognizing that this was the end of Tasha with him.

For almost a minutes, both were busliy making love, The most heart wrenching of what was going on is the groans of pleasure coming from Tasha and the sort of things she was saying.


Leonard find his way to her kitchen and poured out petrol in the house,

Fred smelled something bad and told Tasha he will return shortly, Fred bump into Leonard,

hey what are you doing here? 

Leonard: So after sleeping with my girlfriend you got the gut to ask what I'm doing here?

Fred I don't understand what's going on? 

We Shall all die here. 

Tasha kept waiting on Fred so she called out his name only to find Leonard and Fred struggling on a lighter. 

Fred quickly told Tasha to run out and save her life, Tasha quickly went out and found some items that could quench fire and robes, before she could finish piling up the stuffs she found the house was on fire.

She quickly used the items she had on her and called out Fred's name severally, she got closer and heard Fred voice, she followed the sound and got to see the two struggling out the window so she threw the robe and ask Fred to grab it, both struggled for it but Fred finally got hold of it and pushed him away with his leg. she tried her best strength to pull him out, he had a severe burnt over his body but unfortunately Leonard died and Fred was admitted at the hospital.


Some months later Tasha opened up to him and Promised not to cheat on him, they lively happily and got married. 









October 23, 2020 23:48

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.