4 comments

Fantasy

On the Island of Fae, there is a legend. A tale of darkness, before man came to Earth, and faerie to Fae.

The world was divided between light and darkness, heaven and hell, miracles and death.

The Seven Lively Ones, Humble, Charity, Abundance, Generosity, Modest, Kindness, and Patience, ruled the heavenly realms along with their king, Erebus.

And the Seven Deadly Sins, Pride, Greed, Lust, Envy, Gluttony, Wrath, and Sloth ruled hell, with their queen, Nyx. They were demons, they roamed the night, squandering and stealing all hope. For they are the true creatures we are afraid of in the darkness.

The reason why young children are afraid of the dark is because their eyes are younger and see darkness for what it really was: a demon lurking in every corner.

Each of these angels or demons had a powerful artifact that brought untold joy or destruction to the middle realms: Earth and Fae.

The demons constantly spread their chaos and destruction throughout the sister realms, creating havoc wherever they went.

The angels took great joy in spreading the happiness they felt.

But one day, the demons conferred secretly with their queen. "Nyx, we must attack. Those blasted angels beat us every time we battle. They are too strong, love... is too strong."

"Hmm..." Said the young queen said, clearly bored. "Yes, we must attack." The only thing unsaid was the revenge she hoped to get on the leader of the angels.

And so they did.


The demons entered the angel's realm and began to attack with all their might. The angels stormed out of the palace toward the demons with their magical artifacts in hand.

Nyx ran into the heavenly, glittering gold palace of the angels, in search of Erebus.

"Sister, what are you doing, here?" A voice asked. It was Erebus. He was standing near a large window at the end of the main hall, wearing a long, glistening golden cloak. "You were banished to that place. How did you get out?"

Nyx swished across the floor in a black dress with glistening stars on it. "Oh, Brother, you really should know me better. When was it ever like me to follow stinky rules?" She flipped her thick black hair over her shoulder.

Erebus' face contorted with anger. "Go, take your devils and leave before we destroy you."

Nyx laughed hysterically. "Oh, pa-lease! Tell me, who is winning, out there?"

Erebus slumped in disappointment. It was true. The demons were winning. "Sister, hell has made you bitter."

Nyx's eyes flashed with anger. "Bitter?" She asked angrily. "Oh no, I am more then bitter, brother. You tricked me into going down there thinking I was going to a party. You know how I feel about being tricked and fooled. And now you shall feel my wrath."

"I did what was best for all of the realms." Erebus said, ignoring his sister's threat. "You were becoming greedy and vain. You were a pathetic excuse for a queen or a princess."

Nyx snorted. "What makes a pathetic excuse for a monarch is love. It makes us do unrealistic sacrifices and goals. That is why I should be queen of the world. I will not act out of love."

"But you will act out of anger." Erebus responded. "You will kill anyone who acts for anything."

At this, Nyx lunged to Erebus, narrowing her eyes. She waved a bony hand at her brother, slamming him against the wall.

He struggled, determined to get free, but to no avail, the magic around him was just too strong. "Kill me." He said. "I would rather be dead then see you use your pathetic ruling over these realms."

Nyx smiled. "I would gladly kill you."

Erebus closed his eyes, awaiting his death, and hoping it would be quick.

Nyx raised her hands and Erebus disappeared in a cloud of yellow-gold sparkles.

Nyx smiled a dreadful, icy smile. "Finally, after all these years! I've-"

And she disappeared the same as Erebus, but in a shimmery black cloud of dust, for there can be no darkness without light, and Erebus had been the physical form of light.

Outside, the fighting angels and demons all came to a stop, except for two: Wrath and Patience. For they both knew that they should obey their masters' wishes, even in death.

Many of the angels, desiring to accompany their king to the afterlife turned into dust and followed the cloud of gold up to the sun. The demons, wanting the same, turned into sparkles as well.

All except Wrath and Patience. For Wrath needed to defeat all that was left of his enemy, and Patience knew that all good things would come to those who waited, and she was determined to stick to that philosophy.

Patience, tightly grabbing her Chalice of Gracious, which magically filled with water. Whenever one of her enemy's were splashed with the water, they would be stuck for time and all eternity.

Wrath, gripping his icy spear that fulfilled the will of its owner. He thrust it at Patience's middle at the same time she spilled water over the weapon. He quickly halted his jab and gave Patience a death stare.

"Ha! Take that, demon!" She said triumphantly, smiling. But it was not meant to last. As the last of her kind, she was deeply sad, but glad knowing that she was doing her king a great service.

Unfortunately, Wrath just smiled as droplets of Patience's miracle water dripped to the ground.

Patience hefted her chalice higher at the same time Wrath stabbed with his spear. Their weapons clashed, sending out a wave of unstoppable pain, happiness, anger, kindness, all the emotions on either of the sister realms of Earth and Fae.

And as for the angel's and demons artifacts, they fell to either of the realms. In fact, the artifacts still work, their enchantments stronger then any magic in the modern world.

Still, the Island of Fae doesn't know what or where the demons may be lurking. It's possible that they may be in any corner of the sister realms.

May 06, 2021 00:09

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

Nainika Gupta
13:41 May 07, 2021

Wow! Amazing legend...I love fae-ish and fantasy stuff so I really enjoyed this :)

Reply

J.A. Blackmore
20:43 May 07, 2021

I'm really glad you like it! And thank you so much for taking the time to read it. It truly means the world to me.

Reply

Nainika Gupta
11:04 May 08, 2021

:) my pleasure!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
J.A. Blackmore
03:29 May 07, 2021

This is a legend from the Island of Fae, a land I'm writing about in a novel. If you like this and want to read more, then go read my author bio to find the link.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.