2 comments

Fiction Crime Drama

This story contains themes or mentions of physical violence, gore, or abuse.

“Speak now.”

“...”

“Mr. Anderson, has the cat got your tongue?”

“... Ahh, ah, …”

“As usual I see, Mr. Anderson. Why don’t you go see the principal and tell him about your memory problem?”

.

Click, tap tap tap.

.

Oh, honey did I wake you, I’m sorry. No need to get up. Lay back down, you need your beauty sleep. You look a little confused dear. Don’t worry, I’m here okay. Here, take a sip of this and get some rest okay hon. No, you don’t want any…okay but you need to get some rest. All right. I know, I know you want to say something but the medication is affecting you dear. Relax and go back to sleep all right.

.

Hey you’re awake dear. I’m just trying to straighten up a bit. Relax, I’ll be with you in a minute. You know I was watching a clip from your class. When will Mr. Anderson get it together? I mean you clearly showed how to solve the problem. That boy just lacks focus.

.

“Ho-ho-how?”

“Dear, you need to take your time? The medicine hasn’t fully worn off yet.”

“M…Ms…”

“Dear, it’s alright. I’m here aren’t I. Just rest, okay, okay.”

.

That’s right dear. Just relax… Oh you need a bath. Let me go prepare that for you. Don’t go anywhere I’ll be right back.

.

Okay the water’s all nice and warm. Let me help you up. Come on, I know you’re still a bit out of it but we need to get you cleaned up. Come on, let me help you. Why are you like this? You want me to leave you to it, I would but you don’t have a tub. You know I could have sworn you had one. Okay, okay, I’ll be outside if you need me. I couldn’t find your tower though. Where’d you put it? No, no, don’t shoo me, where’s your towel? Fine I’ll go, try and call if you need anything. I know it might be a bit hard but call alright dear?

.

See your dripping. I looked around and found your towel, it was in the third drawer of your chest-of-drawers. You know we’re gonna have to make some changes, you know. Why are you shocked? I told you I’d be outside didn’t I. Don’t move dear. Thud. Geez, I told you not to move. The medicine is still affecting you, you should know that. I mean are you that scared to have a woman touch you. Fine, fine here’s the towel. I’ll be in the kitchen, making breakfast.

.

Cl-cli-click. Dear, what are you doing? You were taking so long I had to come get you… What are you hiding dear? Show it to me…Now. Clomp, clomp. Ah ha…dear why are you hiding a phone from me, hmmm?

.

We’ll talk after you have some breakfast. Come on, it’s ready. You don’t want it to get cold do you..

.

Here, sit down. I make eggs over easy and some coffee. Keeping the bread in the top cupboard is an odd place you know. I had a hard time finding it, these cupboards are a bit plain though. They seem to be made of chipboard, am I right? Well anyway, I think mahogany would be better or cider or anything else honestly.

.

Why are you looking at me like that? We’re the eggs not done right? Oh, I know the coffee, it has to be the coffee. I didn’t know which one you preferred or if you like it black or with sugar. You have to tell me these things you know.

.

“M-Ms. Parker, how did you g-get in here?”

“Don’t be silly dear. You gave me a key, remember.”

“M-Ms. Parker-”

“Dear, it’s a little rude to keep calling me Ms. Parker you know. Call me Sherril.”

“I-it’s a bit rude of me.”

“Go ahead, dear.”

“W-why are y-you here?”

“Dear, that’s a very strange question to ask. Why wouldn’t I be here?”

.

You must still be out of it. Hmm, I know, how about I give you a show. Let me take this shirt off.. Do you like what you see? Well, do you? Did the cat get your tongue, like Mr. Anderson, hahaha? Why aren’t you laughing?... You know it was…a bit rude to ask why I’m here, now that I think about it.

.

“Ms. Parker-”

“It’s Sherril, Drey.”

“...”

.

The fact that you’ve gone silent is a bit much. You’re Drey and I’m Sherril. What’s so hard in calling me by my name?. Here I am trying to be a good wife and you don’t appreciate it. Drey, is there a problem with me? Well, answer me. Smash. Oh, that was a good piece of china. See what you made me do?

.

“Ms. Parker, what’s gotten into you?”

“Drey… Is it so hard to call my name?”

“... Ms. Parker, I don’t know what happen but-”

“Stop, stop, just stop.”

.

You know Drey, I’m losing my patience right now. See, see, see this gun. Do you see it? I just want us to be a happy family. You, me, just us. Is that too much to ask? Don’t answer that, don’t. I need to think.

.

“Ms. P-Sherril, you're going about this the wrong way.”

“Am I?”

“Yes. Let’s talk this out.”

“You want to talk.”

“Of course.”

“Really… really. Then why, why did-”

“It was a mistake. Give me another chance.”

.

Why do I feel you’re just playing with me? You know, it was hard. I watched you everyday and I see those kids. You pour your heart out and they, they…so ungrateful those brats. Drey look at me here on my knees before you. Can you see me? Can you?

.

“Sherril, you don’t have to do this. I’m content.”

“...”

“Sherril, listen I think you didn’t- Ahhhh.”

“Sorry, I need to give you another dose.”

“Sher-She-Sh…”

.

Are you awake now dear? You’ve been asleep for a while, here I thought you weren’t going to wake up, hehe. Honestly though, your rejection is expected. Yes, yes I read about these things happening you know. But I’ve got the perfect remedy. This will…wake you up. Take a look… take a look. Smack, smack. I said take a look. You think ignoring me is going to change anything. I’m in control here, Me Not You.

.

“Ms. Parker-”

.

Smack.

.

“My name is Sherril. Sherril, Drey, Sherril.”

“Ms. Parker-”

“Why are you doing this to me?”

“Ms. Parker, I-I don’t know what happened to you… but this isn’t-”

“What? This isn’t the answer.”

“That’s correct. You need to stop this.”

.

Drey, look at me. Look at this body, it’s aching for you. Aren’t you going to satisfy me? Do I have to beg you Drey. I want you to take me in your arms, to caress me, to toy with me, to make me yours… It seems I expected too much but that’s okay Drey. I love you, I’ll just have to show you. Not like there aren’t any other ways but I wanted it to be… There I go again, indulging… Drey, I promise you, you’re going to enjoy this… You will… 

.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!

.

Are you expecting somebody? Answer me…answer me or else… cl-clic-Click.

.

“Mr. Thomas, are you there?”, Knock knock! “Mr. Thomas?.. If you're there, answer me, it’s important”, Knock knock!

.

That sounds like Ms. Francis… Is there something going on that you haven’t told me about?.. You won’t look at me, you won’t talk to me… That’s fine… Stay there and keep your mouth shut. I’ll just ask Ms. Francis then. Stay quiet or… well you can guess can’t you.

.

Stomp stomp stomp.

.

Click, creak.

.

“Hi, Ms. Francis… We need to talk.”

“M-M-M-Ms. P-P-Parker”

“You know what this is, so I’d advise you to don’t do anything stupid.”

“Alright-alright, I understand.”

“Good”, creak, “come in”.

“Okay.”

.

Tap…tap…tap.

.

“Yo-you know Ms. Parker-”

“Shut up and get in here, Now!”

.

Tap-tap-tap.

.

“Now…”

.

Creak. Bang!

.

“POLICE DROP THE WEAPON! DROP THE WEAPON NOW!”

“Huh! Why Are You In My House?! LET ME GO, LET ME GOOO!”

.

“What are you looking at, Bitch?”

“Ms. Parker… What happened to you?... Where’s Mr. Thomas?”

“He’s dead, haha. Just like my parents.”

“...”

.

“Ms. Francis, Ms. FRANCIS!”

“YES!”

“Don’t believe her so quickly ma’am. Corporal Hicks go check around”

“Yes, sir.”

.

Clomp clomp clomp.

.

“There’s a man here in this room sir! He’s tied to a chair.”

“Alright, continue checking the area.”

.

“Officer Carl, go with Ms. Francis and see if you can identify that man is.”

“Yes, Sergeant.”

“Ms. Francis go with Officer Carl and see if that’s Mr. Thomas.”

“Yes.”

.

“Follow me Ms. Francis.”

“Okay.”

.

“I checked around Sergeant. There doesn’t seem to be anyone else here.”

“Good work. Support Carl and Ms. Francis, we can’t be too careful.”

“Yes, sir.”

.

“Oh…, my God.”

“Do you know him ma’am?”

“Yes, that’s Mr. Thomas.”

.

“Mr. Thomas, is there anybody else here?”

“N-N-no.”

“You sure sir?”

“... No.”

.

“Carl.”

“Yes, Corporal.”

“Stay with Ms. Francis while I check the room.”

“Roger that.”

.

“Already, it’s clear.”

.

“Sergeant, we found Mr. Thomas. We’ll need an ambulance sir.”

“Roger, that. Dispatch code 901, ambulance needed at Apt #5, St. Ives”

“Copy that.”

.

“GET OFF ME!”

“Just relax little lady. Hicks, see if there’s a jacket or something we can wrap her in…”

“Roger that sir.”

.

“Mr. Thomas, do you have a jacket or-”

“I-in the c-closet.”

.

“Give this to the Sergeant, Carl.”

“Yes, sir.”

.

“Sergeant, the jacket you asked for.”

“Thanks, Carl.”

.

“Good, now you look presentable, at least.”

“Sergeant Gallow, this is dispatch over.”

“Here, over.”

“The ambulance is on the way, over.”

“Roger that dispatch.”


***


“It’s hard to believe you know.”

“I know right. To think this young lady would do such a thing.”

“Right. Killing her parents and holding her teacher hostage.What did she think was going to happen.”

“Apparently she was basically naked when they got to the teachers apartment.”

“What?”

“Yeah he was tied to a chair and a little incoherent.”

“Really… You know he could have led her on.”

“Doesn’t seem that way but it’s not out of the question.”

.

Click.

.

“Mr. Thomas, you need your rest.”

“I was watching that though.”

“Nothing good will come of you watching that. You need to rest.”

“Haa.”

“Don’t let it get you. It’ll all come out soon enough alright. Now lay back and rest.”

.

Tap, tap.

.

“Hey, hey.”

“What?”

“Do you think he’s innocent?”

“That’s for the police to decide.”

“Oh come on, you’ve attended to him since he’s been here.”

“Fine… Yes, I think he’s innocent.”

“Really?”

“You can believe what you want, alright. Call it a woman's intuition but I think… he is innocent.”


***


“Mr. Thomas, good morning. I hope I’m not disturbing you.”

“No, no you’re not.”

“Good, I’m Detective Marks.”

“Nice to meet you.”

“Doctors say they had to… pump your stomach… from all the drugs in your system.”

“...”

“I guess you’re more concerned about that young lady.”

“... Yes-I mean it’s good the drugs are out but… What was that all about?”

“Well she keeps saying she’s your wife.”

“No-no-no-no-no, believe me. Please believe me, I don’t know how or why she thinks that.”

“I know”

“You do?”

“We found her diary… and…wasn’t pretty to say the least.”

“Did she really…”

“Yes, yes she did. Her parents are dead. The gun she had at your place, we suspect, is the murder weapon.”

“..”

“It seems you’ll be released soon.”

“We’ll do a follow up after you’re out. Take care.”

“Thank you.”

.

Tap, tap, tap.

.

“Mr. Thomas, how was it?”

“Ms. Mari, haha…it was as good as one could expect.”

“Really?”

“It looks like they found evidence that’ll clear me.”

“That’s good, that is good.”

“Thank you.”

“I knew you were innocent. My woman’s intuition hasn’t failed me yet.”

“Hahaha, no it hasn’t, has it.”


***


“Well this goodbye Mr. Thomas. I hope everything works out for you.”

“Thanks Ms. Mari, thank you all.”

.

Door slides open.

.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

.

“GUNSHOTS! Everybody down!”


***


“This just in. Shots fired at Metro Dex Hospital. Reports indicate there was only one victim.”


***


"It's so sad that Mr. Thomas from that hostage case was killed."

“Apparently, he was just discharged when it happened.”

“The suspect didn’t even run. He waited for the police to arrive.”

“Yeah, the police report says he was in love with Ms. Parker.”

“Love is blind.”

“Ain’t that the truth.”

“You know what’s sadder.”

“What?”

“The police said Mr. Thomas was in fact the victim, twice."

"What?"

"Yeah, he didn’t lead on Ms. Parker. It was all in her head. This next kid got it all wrong.”

“That… that is sad.”

.

Click.



March 24, 2023 23:08

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Wendy Kaminski
14:18 Mar 25, 2023

Wow, Keith, what a bunch of twists! Really interesting story with an unexpected conclusion!

Reply

Keith Maynard Jr
20:57 Mar 25, 2023

Glad you liked it. :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.