The Continues Fable Of Rapunzel

Submitted into Contest #80 in response to: Write about an elderly character who was part of a historic movement years ago.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Fantasy

The Continous Fable of Rapunzel


There was once legends of how princes saved princesses. Of how they battled dragons, defeated evil empresses. But this is our story, and this is the story of how a girl can be independent, how they can protect themselves.


You may all know about Rapunzel, the woman with the magical hair. But have you ever heard of Hope? That’s me, her daughter. Daughter of Flynn Rider and Rapunzel Zabier.

And believe it or not! I have magic HAIR. Oh, and I can talk to animals as well.


“Good night, sweetie.” Rapunzel smiled as she closed the story book. She kissed Hope on the forehead and closed the bedroom door.


Hope lay on the silk sheets. She shut her eyes and dreamt of evil empresses and adventures that lay beyond kingdoms. 


“Rise and Shine!” A deep voice said cheerily. Hope opened her green eyes sleepily. 

A strong figure stood in front of the purple velvet curtains, drawing them open. 


“Dad!” Hope said rubbing her eyes and blinking furiously.

“A true princess rises in the right time, my dear.” Said her grandmother, Briar. 


A soldier rushed in. He held a piece of fading parchment in shaking hands. “Sir,” He stammered, bowing to Flynn. “I’m afraid that the Northern Kingdom is marching here now to attack us.”


Flynn spun around. “What?!” The Northern Kingdom was our greatest ally and friend. It had a thousand strong army and a hoard of pixies.


Hope’s eyes widened. Rapunzel immediately stood up. “Send all of our soldiers to try to make them retreat.” She said, waving her hand. Flynn walked out, “I’m going to lead them!” He said hugging Rapunzel and Hope. “Okay, Dad.”


Rapunzel grabbed Hope’s hand, she pulled her out to the court where several carriages were parked. The gold glinted in the sunlight and the red silk covering it rippled. The horses shook their manes and stamped the floor. Even in the crisis, Rapunzel had to stop to look at their beautiful kingdom.


“Your majesty!” A footman yelled hurrying onto the stirrups.

Rapunzel hurried into the carriage, pulling Hope with her.

They rode into the heart of the forest. 


*Thwack* A arrow pierced through the wood of the carriage. The horses neighed and panicked. Screams were heard outside.


“Sweetie, wait here for me.” Rapunzel said tying her hair. 

“Bu-” 

Rapunzel jumped out of the carriage leaving Hope in the carriage. She clutched the sides of the armrests tightly. The carriage shook and shuddered violently. Then it flipped over. Hope screamed as she shielded her head from the splintering wood. She lay there shook and dizzy.


She crawled out of the carriage in a haze. The floor was laden with blood and thrashes. 

“Mom!” Hope yelled desperately. Then she stopped. She couldn’t let the soldiers find her! She shook her head at her stupidity and climbed the tree to get a better view. She couldn’t find anything, she must’ve been knocked out pretty hard.


She jumped back onto the ground and started walking to nowhere. 


Her throat was dry and parched, her stomach growling with hunger. She saw a horse! It was the first creature she encountered after the attacking. “Can you help me find some water?” The horse neighed and trotted off. “Hey! Wait for me!” Hope followed as fast as she can with her blue dress.


They came to a clearing with clear water in a pond. Hope patted the horse’s mane. Rustling was heard behind her. She spun around. Several Soldiers was surrounding her! She closed her eyes and ducked her head. A choking sound was heard. She looked up to see her hair suspending a guard who was purple in the face above her. She stared at her hair. “I can control my hair!” She thought excitedly.


She whipped her head around trying to find the right angle to lift the guards up. The horse neighed happily, maybe that was because Hope looked silly or maybe the guards were losing. I don’t know. A thundering of flying hooves startled Hope and she dropped the guards. They were knocked out anyways. She stared up at the treetops and saw the most amazing sight. Southern soldiers from the Sleepy Apple were arriving to her father’s aid!


She jumped on to the horse and slid a bit sidewards. She lay low as the wind whistled past her ears. They came to a clearing to see their father defeating the Northern Nightmare. Her mother was waving her legendary pan, smacking people here and there. Hope whooped and cheered.


“Good night, sweetie.” Rapunzel smiled, shutting the book. Baby Hope waved her hands happily. “Aww, you liked the story I wrote, didn’t you?” Rapunzel tickled Baby Hope under her chin. She switched off the lights and closed the door. But what Rapunzel didn't notice was the dark shadow on the window ledge……………..




The EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe End The EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe End The EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe End The EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe End The End The End The End The End The End The End The End The End The End The End The End The End The End The End The End The End The End The End The End The End The End The End The End The End The End The EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe EndThe End

February 09, 2021 02:28

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.