2 comments

Fiction Funny

Ever since I followed a black rabbit in ragged clothing, I knew this wasn't going to end well. I was at the bright sunny park, the sun bathing my skin, as I relaxed from the half day of hard work. I was sitting down at a picnic table, eating my roast beef sandwich and apple, and I saw a rabbit. Normally, many people stay away from rabbits, as they contain rabies and germs. But this one just WALKED. WITH IT'S BACK LEGS! AND TOOK MY PHONE. If that wasn't bad enough, he ran of, taking selfies, and playing with my games. "HEY! GET BACK HERE YOU LITTLE RAT!!!" I yelled, running across the park for it. He dodged soccer ball's as he ran into the kids area. I got hit by many balls, and dodged a few, but the rabbit still had a good distance. I wonder if anyone else noticed a rabbit. The rabbit leapt towards the basketball court where he did a Kobe Bryant move, mixed with a move I've seen from watching Lebron James play. He slammed dunked the ball, sticking out his little pink tongue. He hopped away into the children's corner. He ran up to the slide. I ran to the other end, panting like a crazed old woman, "Alright, I got you now". Instead, I heard loud thumping. I looked up the slide. The rabbit USED MY FACE AS A LAUNCHING MAT, and ran away to the swings. Once I caught up, I looked around. "Rabbit?" I said. I didn't see him, just swingers swinging. Wait a second. I turn to the kid swinging. It was the rabbit, and he swung hard enough to kick me farther out the playground. I looked up, hair covered in sand. The rabbit laughed, took a picture of me, and went away with my phone. No point in chasing it. I needed to get back to work. 1 second late, I'm on the streets. But I saw something that on my phone as I walked away. He was looking at the picture he just took, and was trying to figure out if he should choose between Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. Oh no. He choose all three, signed up a Instagram and another social media account, and went away to the woods. I ran in a speed of light, eyes red on fire. If he kept that on, he would ruin my social media life. I ran towards the dark, scary woods. Twigs snapped under my feet. The wind whistled through the woods, making leaves and their trees wave. I could hear chirps and creeks, water falling, bushes rustling. I went to a giant tree. I could hear music coming from the tree, some hip hop music. I banged on the tree. Their was walking, like someone coming down stairs, and gibberish. Their was a cartoon eye in the key hole. The door opened, and I saw the same, rabbit. But this one was different. This one was cartoon like, had blue pants, and looked like Mickey Mouse. At first, the word Mickey Mouse slipped through my lips. the rabbit turned fire red, and grabbed a book with his white gloves. It was titled "WALT DISNEYS GREATEST CREATIONS SINCE 1927". He flew to a dusty page, and on it said "OSWALD, THE LUCKY RABBIT." "Oswald the Lucky Rabbit." I said. He smiled, and threw the book in the house. Then, party music blast threw the house. I banged on the door, but nothing happened. I looked in the window. A whole parade of Disney stars were in there. I looked around to see Mickey Mouse, Stich, Briar Rose, the Genie, Robin Hood, and several others. I slipped down to the ground, just in time to witness Moana, Elsa, Tarzan, and Tigger walk in the tree. I didn't dare go inside. I worried that they might capture or take anyone not Disney. More Disney stars walked into the doors, chatter and music exploding through the house. It was a long time until I saw why they all where gathered. I saw a picture of Walt Disney sitting at the table, and everyone was seated at the long table, and Oswald sat near a giant cake. Everyone began to sing, "happy birthday to you,". I went along the table, and noticed, there was also Disney Bad Guys too, as I saw Captain Hook, Scar, and Hades. But everyone seemed to be getting along, no arguing ( except for what to cut the giant cake with), and no fighting. Oswald blew out the cake, taking selfies with my phone. I wish I could take a picture. This was incredible. Soon they all departed, leaving Oswald at his house. He walked outside. I kept quiet. But he just walked towards me, and handed me my phone. It had a small crack, Cake frosting stains, and on the case, the names of each person who was there. He hopped back in his tree, and shut the door. "Would you like an apple?" A voice said behind me. It was Snow Whites Evil Stepmother. "Oh go away," I said, pushing the hag away from me, and running back to the park, out the cold woods. I took the rights, and the lefts, but I kept coming back to the rabbits home. I closed my eyes and walked, only to trip over a rock. I tried climbing a tree, only for an owl to hoot at me. Suddenly, the forest crawled into night, and everything was a lot more scary. I kept my self warm. I couldn't find Oswald's house. Not so soon, my phone died, after using the flashlight. I was trapped in the woods. I called out, but no one heard me. It was so cold, I could feel frost on my fingers. I tried to make a fire, but the sticks were wet with snow. I fell into the snow, t tired to keep going. I fell asleep, after seeing a bright light walk towards me.

I woke up to see Oswald, washing dishes. I was lying on a couch. I could tell I was in Oswald's tree home, because of the brown walls. Oswald handed me a hot mug of hot coco, and sat near me. "Thanks", I said, rustling his ears. He jumped with joy, and hopped to get me a blanket. In the morning, Oswald walked me to the forest. I gave him the phone as a thanks, and walked into the warm sun, into the park.

May 04, 2021 11:07

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Steam At 5
12:51 Sep 28, 2021

https://registercw.com/tgYEjD3z

Reply

Show 0 replies
Steam At 5
12:51 Sep 28, 2021

https://registercw.com/tgYEjD3z

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.