7 comments

Science Fiction Creative Nonfiction Adventure

The clock in Marve's bedroom has been off for two days. She didn't have time to repair the watch. She took the glasses from the table to look at the watch, but before she could look at the watch, she got a phone call. So the useless clock still hanging on the wall of her room was not seen. Because she managed to see the time from her mobile phone. It is ten o'clock at night. She now has to make notes for tomorrow morning class lecture. Marve is a science and technology teacher. In the next class she will give a lecture on Android system so she is thinking about which things to note. Marve doesn't like to talk or lecture in a messy way. So she fixes the subject that she will lecture in class the next day and keeps a detailed note of the basic points of the topics she will talk about. 

She started writing which means the basic points have come to her head. 

She wrote the note with thick black ink.

Note : Android is a mobile operating system based on a modified version of the Linux Kernel and other open source software, designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. It was unveiled in November 2007, with the first commercial Android device launched in September 2008.

It is free and open source software; its source code is known as Android Open Source Project (AOSP), which is primarily licensed under the Apache License. However most Android devices ship with additional proprietary software pre-installed, most notably Google Mobile Service (GMS) which includes core apps such as Google Chrome, the digital distribution platform Google Play and associated Google Play Services development platform.

Before end of the note, Marve's head began to ache and the screen of her mobile phone blurred in front of her eyes. She thought she might have fallen asleep. So she went to make coffee but everything was constantly blurring in front of her eyes.

"Ugh what an unbearable headache, then the messenger came! "

   "Now he'll say, 'Let's end this journey Marve on earth you're going to a new planet, everyone's waiting for you." Suddenly a nice smell of coffee came to her nose. That means coffee is made! "Now it must be eaten quickly, then she will be released from the messenger" she think that. She doesn't want to go to another planet so soon because she still has a lot of work to do on Earth.

Today coffee has not been so beneficial, the headache has not decreased at all. She lay down on the bed. She fell asleep as soon as, she was awakened by the sound of her mobile phone someone called. But she's still blurring. So there is no way to understand who called! She received the call and said, "Hello." A male voice from the side said, "Ma'am, won't you come to college today?" "Your students have been waiting for you for thirty minutes." Hearing the voice, she realized that Mr.Ibo had called her assistant. Marve told him, "I'm a little sick today. I have to go to the doctor, I can't go to college today."

Dr. Demir has always been a very funny person and her acquaintance with Marve is almost three years old. Today, after about six months, he saw Marve and smiled a little and then said that after so many days, he met the scientist! Dr. Demir calls Marve a scientist. Marve smiled a little frustrated and said what happened to her last night! She wants to know why this happened. Dr. Demir is an ophthalmologist and he also occasionally knocks on the door of science. The doctor told her that"excessive use of mobile phones could lead to visual impairment. This can lead to myopia or poor eyesight. Smartphone users usually use it at a distance of 30 cm from the eyes. However, in many cases the distance is only 18 centimeters. When reading newspapers, books or anything, the average distance from the eyes is usually 40 cm. Using a smartphone too close to the eyes for extra time can cause genetic problems. Which is able to play a role in creating myopia. Researchers call this the subject of epigenetics." After hearing all this, Marve said, "Then I have epigenetics!" The doctor told her, "I'm going to give you some tests, I'll see that report and tell you if you need to increase the power of your glasses." For now, I'm giving you some medicine it will solve your temporary problem." Back home from the doctor, Marve first made coffee. Now she is not see bleary and there is no headache.

Marve sat in a rocking chair and closed her eyes, thinking she had read an article a long time ago "Every smartphone has its own different frequency. A mobile phone is a type of radio transmitter that sends and receives network waves. This wave is called radio frequency electromagnetic field." Now she realizes that the network waves that come out of mobile phones are much more harmful to the human eye! But what is the remedy?

Marve was now thinking about the note she had made the night before. Where she wrote about the Android system, she wrote about some core apps that are pre-installed on the mobile phone. She thought that if an app could be created that would protect the human eyes from the harmful waves coming out of the mobile phone! And that app will be pre-installed on the mobile phone. This app will also be installed in the core apps of Google mobile service that are pre- installed. The mobile phone user will run this app whenever they use the mobile for a long time. This will create a bar on the screen of the mobile that will absorb the harmful waves coming from the mobile phone. Much like glasses with ARC lenses. ARC glasses are mainly used to protect the eyes from the sun's ultraviolet rays. Exactly, such an app will be available in mobile phones to block harmful waves, so even if people use a mobile phone for a long time, there will be no damage to the eyes. And the name of this app will be "Google eye 11.5". And it will keep updating to absorb new waves.

She thought she would talk to her friend Ayda about it. Ayda is a wave specialist and her cousin. Marve wants to know if there is a wave that can be used to absorb the waves coming out of the mobile phone that will be used in the "Google eye 11.5" app. And she will be able to know that from Ayda. Suddenly her mobile phone rang and Dr. Demir's name appeared on the screen. Marve received the call and said "hello Dr.Demir". From the side of the phone, the doctor said, "All your reports are good, but I think it's time for the glasses to get a little thicker." Marve laughed but was a little disappointed. After talking to the doctor, she thought that she should start working on this new app as soon as possible. Because many people in different parts of the world like her are suffering from this problem. But the reason is that our mobile phone companion all day is unknown to many! People depend on the internet every moment and mobile phones are the main medium of communication.

Marve got up from her rocking chair. Then she called Ayda and said "Ayda! mission "Google eye 11.5" is about to start and you will be my main assistant". Ayda didn't ask her any questions because she knew that being Marve's chief assistant meant witnessing something groundbreaking.

February 21, 2021 19:48

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

7 comments

Aman Fatima
07:54 Mar 04, 2021

WOW! Amazing story. Great work.

Reply

08:01 Mar 04, 2021

Thank you! :)

Reply

Aman Fatima
09:47 Mar 04, 2021

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Daniel R. Hayes
06:38 Feb 23, 2021

Another great story, keep up the great work :)

Reply

09:34 Feb 23, 2021

Thanks for your inspirational comment! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Awesome story Sanjida!

Reply

02:45 Feb 24, 2021

Thank you soo much! 😊

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.