Not So Picture Perfect

Submitted into Contest #14 in response to: It kicks off on a yacht with the delivery of an important letter.... view prompt

0 comments

General

It was a perfect day for a wedding. It was mid June and the weather was mild and sunny. "Something is wrong." The bride whispered frantically to the wedding planner. "Has he called... or anything?!"


"I don't know what's going on..I'm sorry. I have worked with this photographer for years, he's never…"


"Just find him! Please! I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude... it's just..it will ruin everything if we don't have a photographer." The bride looks close to tears. 


The wedding planner walks briskly down the ramp from the yacht to the hotel, nearly colliding with a young bellhop running up the ramp. "Oh! Sorry... here!" He pushes a paper into her hands, the Concierge said to give this to the bride right away." He turns around and walks away while the wedding planner looks at the paper. It is a phone message. The photographer contracted food poisoning and he is in the local emergency room.


"That's just great" she mutters to herself. She finds the bride and groom and gives them the bad news


The bride bursts into tears at the thought of not having photos of her special day.


The groom is trying to comfort her when his cousin and best man Daniel walks over with eyes narrowed with concern. 


"What is going on..why is Missy crying?"


"The photographer isn't coming--food poisoning..man! Can you believe this?"


*Now what are we going to.."


"Hold on..hold on.. I brought my camera, I took a couple photography classes before I settled on the journalism major..I got this bro." Dan runs off to grab his camera from the table where he and his date Molly are sitting.

November 08, 2019 03:05

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.