0 comments

Romance

I was lonely. Always lonely. Nobody to talk to, nobody calling to ask, "How are you doing?" Maybe I was ugly. Maybe they think I'm delusional. What am I supposed to do? I spend all day at a convenient store, wearing ripped and dirty clothes. I check my pocket, there are only a few cents left. I cried and cried and feel pity for myself. Why do I have to exist in this world? I have nobody who knows me. I don't even know if I know myself. When I finished my eyes were all red like blood. There's a knife nearby. I grabbed it, holding it like my life depends on it, well it is. If I do this, all of my sufferings would end. Yes. I shove it into my heart as I can. But a hand stop me take my knife.

"Hey, what are you doing? Do you really want to end your life?" I looked up, it was a woman. "Your body is a temple, you shouldn't do that to yourself at all."

Yes. Women. The source of all my poverty and sufferings. Women are always the same. They look for someone rich, find their weakness, and strike for all of their life savings. Many things I've seen in my life, but the worst I've ever seen is the woman. Carol.

"What do you know about me, woman!" my ears started to grows hot red, "Stop stopping me from getting rids of my pain."

I started to battle to get the knife back. I grabbed her hand and reach for the knife, but she pulls me back and kicked me. Right, more pain from a woman. She shoves the knife down the ground, destroying it.

"NO! UHHHHH.." I screamed. I try to punch her. I don't care what it is but I'm going to teach her to mind her own dang business"

"You really don't know who I am, stranger? Well, you are homeless after all."

The woman dodges and grabs my hand, then breaks it. Then I felt two fingers, hitting my neck. First, my eyes become dreary. The world suddenly became very vague. Then everything is black.

I roused from my sleep. Why is everything so, so magnificent? The room was huge. There was a big chandelier made with shining crystals. This bed is the most comfortable thing I had ever felt, and there's a big carpet with fancy patterns on it. Plus the amazing plants in the room adds the cherry on top. The room although is mainly the color red and pink.

What is this? It's this a dream? This can't be real. For a reality check, I slapped myself. Ahh, it really hurt. It means this is really true, but how? The main door started to open slowly, and a woman walked in. It's the same woman who stops me from committing suicide. She's blonde with long hair and has blue eyes.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I think you remember. You throw an adult tantrum at me for saving your dear life," she replied.

"Why would you do that? And why did you bring me into this mysterious place?"

"Cause I'm on a challenge to saves and restore a person's life, assigned by one of my favorite professors, so I trusted him and save your life. In order to restore your life, though, I need to get you back into shape."

"Who are you?"

"The name's Angela, I've seen on your Driver License your name is Lucas, but I'm going to call you Luke because I like a short name. My father's the CEO of CYCLO, by the way, that's why you get this fancy room."

Of course, daddy's girl. I should've known, she was the daughter of the CEO of the richest company in developing new technology.

"Tomorrow, you're going to the gym because your shape looks hideous. That's my plan for now. Now, let's get some dinner." Angela said.

"But that's against the law, you can't force me into doing what you want me to do."

"Okay, I guess poor dear Luke can go back to the street and eat rats."

"No, no, no. Uhh. that's not what I meant. Fine, I'll do whatever you want."

"That's more like it!"

We have dinner, and the food was freaking delicious. The next day, I followed her instructions and go to the gym. After one day, all of my muscles felt like it's dead. But I have something in my heart that if I quit this, all of the luxury life would be gone. I have to do this, there's no way I'm going back to the dirty streets.

The days are going fine. Now I'm suddenly spotting something sparking in Angela. She somehow looks gorgeous and lively. I began to talk to her now. It turns out that her parents ignored her a lot. That's why she's happy when I came along.

After a week, Angela approaches me, "Hey, I know you're tired, let's do something fun. I'm bored too."

"Fine."

We went to the theater first. We got past the lines and finally got in. The movie we're watching is a comedy, which is really funny. For a moment, I was think doing this with Angela was kind of fun.

Next, we went to a diner. We talk about all kinds of stuff. Like superheroes and thoughts of dying. I must admit it was kind of fun. And then we go for a stroll. The night was beautiful. There are thousands of stars in the sky. Suddenly, there's a whole meteor shower.

"Hurry up, Luke, wish for something." Angela encouraged me.

"You too!"

We held hands and close our eyes. Angela's hands are really soft and warm. I got distracted by her so much that I didn't even say my wish. I think I'm in love. After that, we went inside the car again.

"Luke, I really think I need to say something," Angela said.

"Me too."

"I'll go first so you know when the first time I saw you trying to kill yourself, my guts are telling me to save you, I learn an important lesson to always follow my guts after an incident occurred so I did it. Now I'm so glad I did. I start to develop a relationship with you and now, I think it's the time I tell you something. I actually like you."

"Sorry, but... I don't like you."

"What?"

"I love you. I owed you my whole life."

"Seriously?"

"Yes."

Angela begins to cry tears of happiness. I began to look into her eyes, and her into mine. I grabbed my hand and touch her cheeks, bringing it closer and closer. Until I kiss her soft and warm lip.

September 01, 2019 05:41

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.