The Possessed Woods

Submitted into Contest #37 in response to: Write a story that takes place in the woods.... view prompt

2 comments

Fantasy Fiction

A bell rattled calling all their men to kill me, their trader and murderer but I didn't kill on purpose I was forced, and I’m now running for my life. The only way out is the woods. But this isn’t any other type of woods. It has zombies that come out of the ground, trolls that can crush me with one finger and Wolfs that rule the night. I have no other choice. It’s die now or die later. I ran in knowing that they would stop chasing me here. I need to survive this forest, I need to find the stone of doom to break it. I heard that it is found on the tip of the tallest tree and kills all the monsters in the forest. The night is coming. I need to sleep but where? If I sleep on the ground the wolves will tear me apart  but maybe if I climb up this tree I can stay above ground so no monster can get me! While climbing I’m looking for a nice and sturdy spot to sit on. I scrap my arm reaching for the perfect place. I can’t sleep, what will happen tonight will I die or live. I hear wolves growling, I wobble to the side grabbing the nearest branch. Wolves pounce but hit the tree, I could’ve been dead that minute if that branch wasn’t there. Wolves are everywhere underneath me growling and barking. I had very little sleep last night. Now it is morning I need to find the stone of doom quickly before I end up like a zombie. I climbed up to the top of the tree to see where the tallest tree stands. It’s in the middle of the forest and I’m barely in the forest! I jump off the tree and hit my leg but continue walking east from where I am. I run as fast as I can like some things are going to kill me, just to speed things up but that was a bad idea. I stepped on a skull and fell to the ground. A zombie climbs out of the ground and 3 more pop up. I jump to my feet to run but zombies keep popping up. They're all swarming around me limping towards me. I punch the zombie in the face to get out of the swarm. They’re still following me very slowly but more are still coming up behind me. I ran faster than I have ever ran before. Then suddenly the zombies disappear in a blink of an eye. It’s dawn. I had no idea that it was a full day already but all I do know is that the zombies are afraid of wolves and dawn. I climb up the nearest tree wolves will be here any minute. I slept better last night now that I know what a night feels like. I need to hunt today because I haven't eaten at all for days. I plan to kill the wolves so I have food to eat in the morning. I walk carefully to make sure I don’t spawn zombies again but I keep walking east. I cut off many loose branches and a big one to make a bow and arrow for my survival. I keep going east but now I jog to make it a little faster. I jog up to a stream, cup my hands and drink some fresh cold water. I found a log and balanced myself across it. It’s dawn, I’m ready to hunt the wolves. It’s so dark now, No wolves are here. That’s strange they’re always here. Then I saw the worst thing in my life! A giant ugly troll. I tried to stay quiet but I shook so badly. I took a step and ‘snap’ all trolls look my way. I can’t help it and run towards the trolls, wanting to die when I can as long as the nightmare is over. But somehow the trolls can’t get to me. They’re too big and I’m too close to them. I keep running forward so fast that the trolls can’t see me. I climb a tree to look for the tallest tree, it’s right in front of me. I jump and grab a branch and climb up it. I keep jumping and catching the branch hoping that I don’t fall. If I fall I would die. I finally got to the top. I see something glowing red. I came closer to see it. Yes finally I found it the ‘stone of doom’. I threw it on the ground and it shattered into pieces. I need to get out of the forest now. I climb down the tree and lie down and sleep. I get up in a jolt. I need to get out of this forest now. I sprinted for miles. I sprinted because the army ran into the forest and was looking to kill me. I fell on a root and a man with a sword started to attack. He tried to stab me but I rolled out of the way just in time. I jump to my feet and run. The sun has set and it’s hard to see. I hide behind a tree and the fighters stop right behind me to say their plan. “Two of you will stand right here, two others stand 2km east from here and three others west from here,” the leader says. They all go to their spots and I make my move. I walk very quietly then I crack their heads so I can escape. I ran east of where I was and when I saw signals that they were there I walked around, hid behind each closest tree and bam! Hit their heads again. I go back to where I was and now I am walking west this time except when I saw the sign that they were there I hid behind the tree in front of me and shot an arrow and ran to the other tree. I went behind them and hit all three of their heads. Now I take a run for it and continue going forward. I see the light on the other side and sprint out of the woods to a clearing and cut trees and I built my new home.


                                                      The End.

April 15, 2020 22:02

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Nainika Gupta
14:50 Dec 17, 2020

Hey! I loved the uniqueness of this story - but i especially love the last sentence :) it was awesome!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tyson Phuong
23:57 Nov 13, 2020

Great story! (lol this sounds so cheesy!)

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.