0 comments

General

If there was one show on Netflix to explain my life it would be "a series of unfortunate events" "Why" you may ask? Well you'll see...


It all started when I was about 7 and could somewhat understand things... My parents have been fighting my whole life well until they decided to not be my parents they put me into foster care on the day of my birthday... what a great present I have always felt alone in this world constantly getting put into homes and not even lasting 3 months.


By age 14 I completely gave up on having a family so I made up rules for myself I called it 3 months of hell not for me of course but for my new foster parents looking back at it now I regret it but.. I would never be where I am now without it .. Lets just say that by the time I went into high school I had already gone through 15 different familys I know maybe it doesn't sound like that much to you but it did to me.. 3 months of hell for a life time of happiness but unfortunately nobody made it to the happiness part.


i tried so many times to get out of the system but it never worked I wasnt 18 yet so i had have some type of parental vision or whatever fast forward to 17 its my last straw exactly one year until my birthday and I can leave these suckers. Believe me when I say that I was counting down each second and that is why I could not screw it up this time. This family has to be my everything for the next year no choice and i'm going all out!, I stand on the front porch flowers in my hand when my new "parents" open the door wide and yank me in "ohh Axel your finally here! We can't wait to show you to your new room!'' I nervously smiled " do not screw this up" i repeated in my brain as if i was a parrot I stumbled upon the house while my soon to be "parents" talked to the child services manager and that my friends was when my life would never be the same she was beautiful her glowing green eyes long coffee colored hair and light freckles... I then knew that her. She was going to change everything.. I guess I had been staring for to long because she stood up and came towards me smiling her dimples so cute! She hugged me and for the first time in my life I didn't feel so alone she could screw up everything i remembered and pulled away I stuttered and ran to my room and closed the door. Over the past 4 months of living with this family I had been ignoring her but something inside me couldn't contain itself she was my true happiness and my plan to ignore her almost worked until one late Thursday night I decided to sneak out but let me tell you sneaking out of your third story room window is not a easy task it requires skill and patience and of course knowledge on ninja stealth which I had all three. OK so maybe at this point you are wondering " why is he running away? This family made it passed three stages of hell..." And yes that is a good point and thank you for paying attention unlike most losers but every once in a while it feels good to just enjoy the crisp night air by the lake alone knee deep in your own thoughts which for your information I was well until i felt someone touch my shoulder ever so gently I knew it was her I shivered at her touch and turned to face her those green eyes staring into my cold grey eyes... oh shoot I didn't even tell you her name crap my bad her name is Cora Interesting name right? Now back to the story... " So this is your hiding spot?" Cora asked " uh right..." I slowly stuttered " Well I don't blame you.. Its beautiful" She replied as we both stared at the stars " you know you are so hard to figure out" she she softly said " huh" I asked confused " well you come to our home all tough but then I meet you and your soft" "I'm not soft" I noted "Yes you are" she said staring into my eyes but it felt more like she was looking into my soul and i liked it Cora then moved more close to my face whispered " I like it though, not the tough guy but the one that shows his feelings ya know? The guy who sneaks out of his room every night to come to the never ending board walk" "the never ending board walk?" I asked " well yeah i give a name for every place person and thing" And this lady and gents is the best part of the story when Cora looked into my eyes and Whispered once more " and I'd love to call you mine" I then kissed her and something about knowing how wrong it was made it so right and ever since me Cora and the never ending dock had been insuperable.

September 01, 2019 04:37

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.