18 comments

Fiction Friendship Inspirational

Ding-dong!!

'coming!!'

Natashas high heels clatters as she hurries to get the door.!!!

'oh gracie.. Your here?'

'wow Nathasha..you look amazing'

Gracie was astonished by Nats beauty in the dress she was modeling with a height of 5.5which totally displayed the beauty of the blue petal dress she was wearing. The dress has two slit at each side showing off her hot legs. Matching a silver high heeled stilletos.and a beautiful siver necklace with blue rubies around them with a matching earrings. The dress showed off her attractive colar boneswith a 20 inch ebony black hair .

' please give me a 360

Nat turned around happily

' I made it myself'

'what!!!

Gracie mouth agape in shock

she opened the door wider for her bestfriend. Grace is a canadian beauty from toronto.dark pupils, brown waist lenght hair With a heigh of 5.0 with a volumptous model body.she's actually an influencer and blogger.

They walked inside the expensive well funished sitting room. with sea blue flower coaches. And a silver chandelier. A netflix tv.

Gracie helped herself with a hamburger from the refridgerator.and a fruit juice.

' I cant really get over this your dress.its beautiful.im still shocked from the fact that you made it yourself.and yet you have refused to pursue your hubby. Fshion and designing.'

'thanks. I made it last night. totally ignoring gracies last statement.'

'I tought you bought it.

Nat has always been a beautiful designer.she makes magic with her hands. But gracie has really never understood why she won't make a hobby out of it.

'it was very simple. i did the finishing touches last night. The CEO of sunshine FM has a meeting with all his employees today and an after party . I tought it'll be good to look different.'

' Oh ...you mean you'll be meeting your crush today.'

gracie smirked .Nat rolled her eyes. Gracie has always bee n a parrot.'

*scrack..scrack...*

Gracie Iphone six promax stole pictures from Nat. Before she could react she had circled her 5 times.

' Gracie!!'

Nat felt embarrased.

' I hate picures..'

'dont care' she said nonchalantly/p>

'what will you do with them?'

She resigned to her predicament. Gracie will always be annoying.

' post them on Fashion contest.

' what!! No!!

She reached to grab the phone.

' 'Oops..posted.'

She formed a fake sad look on her face and smirked.

Nat let herself fall on the couch.

'what have you come here to do except to desturb my life.?'

' Geezz..' graci rolled her eyes at her.

'your too stuck up. i came here to enroll you in the contest and take some pictures of your handiwork. I tought it will be hard but you actually made it easy for me.'

Nat rolled her eyes at gracie feeling sick already.

' your a pest gracie.scram please

' Oh i will but i need to get something from your room.'

She smiled deviously.

Gracie..I'm not in for that contest. I'm not taking up the hobby.please let me be.' she said for it for untenth time/p>

' Your in already.three days Natasha..three days and you'll be convinced. '

' I need to be there at that five star hotel at eleven on the dot. So you have just two minutes to be out of my room. If not I'll lock you up and leave.

Gracie ran up the marbelled stairs through the fashionista corridors to Nat's room. Took some pictures of her collections and and descended down stairs.. Its hard to achieve the goal that Natasha a 23yrs lady achieved in such a shot time. Shes nearly a billionaire.

' I'm done'

she waved her phone at Nat .

inwhich Nat streched her hand to snatch the phone but gracie ran out.shivering at the cold wind and sweet scent of flowers that greeted her.

she hopped in her benz and zoomed off.

Nat locked up,got in hers and sadly drove off.


In ten minutes time she reached the five star hotel. Parked the car and took space ticket.

'morning Natasha.looking more beautiful today.

'morning jay.

'please may i?

he offered his hands locking her elbows with his.

She smiled displaying her two sets of dimples.

Jay has been her partner in crime for 3yrs in this job.they've been good friends. She would run to him whenever she needed help. they've always care for their friendship and wished for nothing more than that.

'your dress looks nice.may i know where you purchased it.?

' she hesitated before saying I made it myself.

He abruptly stoped in shock.

'wow..your so creative. in writing and fashion. Do you know that your last writeup was the best write up ever. Its all over the news..your great at all even fashion and designing

'I wish I'm not though.'

They got to the center room for the meeting and Nat hesitated to enter. Right now she wished the floor would open and swallow her.she wished she would have come earlier

'that crazy parrot'

'excuse me.

'sorry its not for you.its for my bestfriend. She drives me nut'

'sorry.gist me later.lets go in.'

she walked reluctantly.

'dont tell me your getting cold feet.?'

No .I'm fine.

they walked inside the room of about 15 staffs with a spider on the kings chair.

She locked eye with him. Its young ken. The owner of sunshine Fm .Her secrete crush.looking all handsome in that tuxedo.

she was brought back to consciousness when people started whispering about her gala out fit.

'Miss Nathasha!' she almost jumped out of her skin from the shiver that voice caused her..

the spider Boss.

Yes boss?

' Your late..with such a grand entrance.'

' I'm sorry boss.

everyone's eyes were on her.she may not think it..but she was deffinitely the boss favourite journalist.

' sit down Nathasha..'

He thundered angrily

well back to topic.alot of you have been slacking in your jobs and just few have made me proud. Two out of 15 will be going on leave.

their expression was downcasted.

' when we come back..we will be publishing another article." Hobbies."

Natasha and Jay are on leave.the rest,do your job well.Natasha and Jay will be in charge of that article wen you come back in the next two weeks. Also,it'll be good if..

brinnnghh...brinnnghhh

a phone rang cutting him short.which annoyed him.the look was ready to kill.

it turned out to beNatasha's phone.

she was totally scared .especiall of that look the spider king was giving her. His even more scary when his angry.

'pick up the phone Natasha..

'I'm sorry sir..I'll go out to switch it off.it turned out to be gracie calling.

' I said to pick it ..

Natasha picked the call and mistakenly put it on loud speaker.

'Guess what Nat?

shut up you this little pest ..i told you im in a meeting..

' 'that dress got the best comments and likes in the contest

.its over a million Views.and people already want to parner with you.

' Gracie!!,

Nat was now angry .she shouted at gracie not minding if there was anyone in the meeting.she already felt more embarrased that she didn't feel any need to be ashamed anymore.

' I'm in a meeting .I'm not interested in the contest. Forget it.

Dont shout at me Nat.you have to give me three reasons why you jave refused to pursue what you have passion for. See you tomorrow.

She hung up. I'm sorry.I'm open to punishment...

'Well then..I asked you to pick the call as punishment for not switching off your andriod and violating the rule of interruption

Your next punishment will be.. Taking up the hobby you love somuch...

Jay saw that ken took delight in watching her flay up.He shook his head at that. But he was still not clear on why Natasha wont take up the hobby she's perfectly good in.

' But Boss'

'Dont Boss me you need experience for that article.two weeks is enough for it '

the rest ...work hard. Meeting is adjourned till next two weeks'

After party is next.'

He said smirking. Glad to be seeing the horror on their faces especially Nats own. Natasha left before everyone. Jay went after her. Such a sweet gentleman. His future wife will not suffer.

the party started..pepople were dancing on the dance floor. Nat was sitting down by the corner sipping her fruits. A tall man of 6.0 with strong body features looking so charming walked up to her.

she gasps when she saw him..its spider boss.

' Hello dear..may I have this dance..

' God...why does today have to go like this'

. She said it a bit. Aloud.Its deffinitely going to be scolding time.

' what?

'nothing..

he offered a hand and she took it..the danced while talking.

' boss I'm sorry about earlier. It's your fault. You made me pick the call. And my best friend is a housefly'

she said a bit worried.

' thats ok.i saw the post she made on fashionista magazine contest this morning.

that collection she made killed all other collection.it turned out that your the fashionista behind the art work.'

'well yes. But i dont want to take up the hobby. I only do it for me alone.

' its a shame that such talents are wasting.

he looked at her a bit shocked. sometimes,Nats has always been unreasonable and he wishes he could shake it off her. But he dont know how.

he likes the stupid beauty. but does she like him?

'why?'

She was surprised by his question and doesn't wish to discuss her personal life to someone she doesn't know whether he feels for her the same way she does for him.

' the dance is over. goodbye.

she left him after bowing. She quickly picked up her properties an left.


Nat got got home angry.she just got off the phone with gracie. She sat down and began to wonder in deep thought whether she should let them know why she have decided not to take the Hobby of fashion designing even though she loves it so much.

she finally decided to tell Gracie why she's so adamant to her request .

Natasha stood up from the couch she walked slowly to her room climbing the stairs unconsciously she unlocked the door .taking in the beauty of her room. She sadly walked to her walk in closet

Her collection from three years ago and the recent ones stared at her she has always loved fashion designing but the problem is she only did it for herself not for the world to see because she cannot and will not want to relive her past.

she sent Gracie a text message telling her to come the next morning maybe after telling her, Gracie would finally leave her alone

Gracie paid Natasha a visit in the morning and while she was making coffee for Gracie she heard a ding dong and went to get the door

She froze when she saw that it was her boss..

' Nat!!! Are you getting the door or is it getting you.

Nat came back to her sense..watching him looking all so cute with his baggy triquatter and black v neck t shirt showing of his muscled chest.

'uhmm...boss..your here..welcome..

'yeahh..as a friend..may I?

she nodded her head. Oh...Nat you invited your boss....hello..welcome.

"i. didnt. He came on his own..

she got a bottle of red wine,three glasses and cookies and set infront of them.

' so..what are you doing in my house?'

she asked him still surprised by his visit

'im here to find out why you refuse the contest

exactly.you called me up for it.' gracie said to her

'well...there was this contest when we were kids. a fashion contest. We were asked to make something . While other girls were making dresses of all kind..i picked purewater sachetes and made a dress with it with a pink linen. It was fine.my parents loved it. On the award given day..i modelled my dress.i won a trophy with the supporting applauds of my elders vut the other kids lik me stood up in the crowds and laughed at me. Since then even if i design... I only do for myself.'

gracie and ken were surprised at her story.

'you were just a kid..that was invention.. Now people know ..you also know..the first girl to create ...you recycled..climatte change. You invented that idea.

'Nat..people love your collections. Not everyone are interested in fashion..but will you let it kill your dreams or hobby. You can as well open up Fashion plaza. Just employ people. But first..show the world your creaion Tomorrow. Win..and then decide what to do.


Nat sniled glad to have her boss and bestfriend with her..

'im in for that contestand that trophy is mine. Ive gone on strike for long but i didnt quit and those collections are evidence....fashion and designing...here comes NATS WORLD

yeahhh...I'm not inlove with a quitter.















January 29, 2021 21:25

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

18 comments

XANDER DMER
14:44 Feb 01, 2021

Good Story! You have a lot of grammar mistakes, and some of the quotation marks are not in the right place. All of all good story :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Ijeoma Okoli
14:22 Jan 30, 2021

I'm still updating it.. Please..drp your critics

Reply

Show 0 replies
18:54 May 11, 2021

I liked the story! Very nice! Mind maybe checking my stories out? I also only have two. :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
A.Dot Ram
18:14 Feb 02, 2021

You fully imagined your characters and setting, and presented them to us in lots of detail. I like that you started with a strong theme/ message. Keep it all up, and work on the grammar.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Ijeoma Okoli
13:35 Feb 01, 2021

For those whose world were turned upside down .this is for you. Dont let peoples gibbering end your hobby or career thats what this story is all about. Also surround yourself with people who love you.. Like gracie abd spider boss

Reply

Show 0 replies
Eddie Thawne
20:35 Jan 30, 2021

The errors were rather too obvious. But in all, I think it was an awesome first try!

Reply

Ijeoma Okoli
20:58 Jan 30, 2021

Thanks alot

Reply

Show 0 replies
Ijeoma Okoli
20:59 Jan 30, 2021

Thanks alot

Reply

Show 0 replies
Ijeoma Okoli
20:59 Jan 30, 2021

Thanks alot

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 6 replies

I think that this was a great try for a first submission! :)

Reply

Ijeoma Okoli
19:41 Jan 30, 2021

Thanks.. I saw that i made lots of grammatical errors..I'll work on them

Reply

Hey, it's ok! It is your first one!

Reply

Ijeoma Okoli
21:00 Jan 30, 2021

Thank you

Reply

Show 0 replies
Ijeoma Okoli
21:00 Jan 30, 2021

Thank you

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.