0 comments

Christian Fiction Drama

Midway upon a journey for life itself, there was a holy man known as Aliero who found himself within trees filled with worms and decaying bodies of the dead in a plain process of putrefaction, where the straight way was lost. His thoughts were confused, and his sight was obscured by the shadows that loomed over him. For this was Hell. He could not recall how he had come to be in that place, but the memory of a single phrase lingered in his mind like a beacon of hope.

"In the middle of the journey of our life, I came to myself," he repeated to himself, clinging to the words like a lifeline. "Within a dark wood, where the straight way was lost." He knew that these words held the key to his salvation, and he resolved to follow their guidance, no matter the cost.

And so he began his pilgrimage through the treacherous landscape of hell, guided by his faith and the flickering light of his memory. He encountered many dangers along the way, but he did not falter. For he knew that his journey was not just for his own salvation, but for the salvation of all humanity.

As he descended deeper into the infernal depths, Aliero's resolve was tested time and time again. He saw the horrors of the damned and the torments they suffered, and he wept for them. But he did not lose hope, for he knew that even in the darkest of places, the light of redemption still shone.

And so, driven by his unwavering faith and his unyielding determination, Aliero pressed onward, through the darkness and the flames, in search of the truth that would set him and all of humanity free.

Deep in the heart of the infernal abyss, Aliero found himself lost in a labyrinth of darkness and despair. As he wandered through the shadowed corridors, he heard a pitiful cry that echoed through the caverns, a cry that pierced his heart with pity and compassion.

Aliero wandered, lost and confused. He knew not his way nor his purpose, but only that he must journey on. With each step, the weight of his sins grew heavier, dragging him down into the inferno. And yet, he pressed on, for he knew that his fate was in the hands of the divine.

As he traversed the circles of hell, Aliero beheld the many torments that awaited those who had fallen from grace. He saw the wrathful fighting in the river of the dead, the gluttonous wallowing in filth, and the treacherous frozen in ice. And through it all, he searched for a reason why humanity should be saved.

Following the sound to its source, Aliero stumbled upon a great tiger ensnared in a trap, its fierce eyes filled with tears of pain and desperation. Moved by the creature's suffering, Aliero approached the trap with trepidation, his heart heavy with the knowledge that he would have to face the great beast alone.

Drawing upon his inner strength and the power of his faith, Aliero reached out to the tiger, offering him words of comfort and solace. To his great surprise, the tiger responded in kind, pleading with Aliero to free him from his prison and promising to spare his life in return.

Filled with a sense of duty and a desire to do good, Aliero set to work on the trap, using all his skill and knowledge to free the great beast from its bonds. As he worked, he could feel the eyes of the tiger upon him, watching him with a mixture of gratitude and suspicion.

At last, the trap gave way, and the tiger was free once more. But as Aliero watched, his heart filled with a sense of dread, the great beast turned to him with a wicked grin upon his face, revealing his true identity as the Prince of Darkness himself, the fallen angel Lucifer.

With a fierce roar, the great tiger declared his intention to destroy all of humanity, to show them the error of their ways, and to mete out divine justice upon their heads. And with that, he set off in search of two other creatures who would serve as his judges and jurors, the tree Beelzebub and the buffalo Belphegor.

Through a series of cunning ruses and sly tricks, Lucifer convinced Beelzebub and Belphegor to join him in his crusade against humanity, to condemn them for their sins, and to call for their ultimate destruction.

But amid this great upheaval, a third creature appeared one whose true identity was known only to Aliero. For this was a white jackal, whose coat shone with divine light, and whose eyes held within them wisdom beyond measure.

Through subtle hints and allegory, the jackal convinced Beelzebub and Belphegor of the inherent goodness within humanity, and that there was yet hope for their salvation. The Jackal, clad in radiant white, stood firm in the face of the raging Lucifer himself. With a voice that thundered like the roar of the River Styx, the Jackal challenged the Prince of Darkness to prove his vaunted strength by entering the very cage from which he had been freed by Aliero.

Lucifer, consumed by pride and a thirst for revenge against the human race, was eager to demonstrate his power and dominance. He leaped at the challenge, his massive frame shaking the earth as he charged into the trap that had once held him captive. His eyes blazed with a fierce and terrible light as he prepared to show the Jackal and Aliero the full extent of his might.

But the Jackal, with a sly grin that belied his noble countenance, quickly slammed the door shut, trapping the Tiger once again. The beast roared in fury and disbelief, struggling to break free from the confines of the cage. But his efforts were in vain, for the Jackal had tricked him through his own hubris, and now he was at the mercy of the pilgrim and his holy guide.

Aliero, his faith in humanity renewed by the Jackal's cunning and mercy, looked on in wonder at the sight before him. For in the depths of Hell, where the forces of darkness and despair seemed to hold sway, he had seen the power of wisdom and compassion triumph over brute force and wickedness. And he knew that this was the true path to redemption, the way out of the dark wood of doubt and despair that had plagued him since the beginning of his journey.

With their task accomplished, Aliero and the jackal emerged from the inferno into the realm of paradise, where they were greeted with a wondrous sight that filled their hearts with joy and hope for the future of all mankind.

For there, in that blessed place, they beheld a sight that made their hearts sing with wonder and awe. They saw humanity, with all its faults and foibles, striving ever upward towards the light, seeking to live lives of goodness and compassion, of kindness and love.

And at that moment, Aliero knew that he had done a good deed, that he had saved not just the life of a great beast, but the very soul of humanity itself. For in the end, it was the power of faith and the strength of the human spirit that had triumphed over the forces of darkness, and that had brought about a new dawn of hope and renewal for all the world to see.

March 11, 2023 04:28

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.