0 comments

Adventure Fiction

Before The story starts a quick disclaimer on copyrights.

There are elements of Star Wars in the story... With that aside I hope you enjoy the story

"Has it been located?" asked the captain

"We cannot be sure captain the shield is like anything that we have ever seen" said a dwarf in the command pod of the ship.

The captain growled in impatience, "We have been following that thing for 3 Jellian weeks and that is what you are going to say?"

"Sorry captain it is just out of our current understandings"

One long sigh have released from his breath. Eyes where on him what you can only here are electronic noises and a few game phones that slowly went to a game over.

"Prepare" the captain commanded

"Y-yes sir" said the dwarf

the rest of of the crew headed to their stations

This could be the end.

"Relocating all available resources on thrusters. 5-4-3...

Not again... why are you so ambitious captain? do you even care about your crew any more, you treat us like disposables, I looked up to you...

Before all of this I lived in a planet named Iaroll. A planet that became a monument for peace in the galaxy. For 1000 years our planet and race have enjoyed luxury no wars and violence was fought there even though interplanetary fights were still taking place trough out the galaxy, never here.

Our race was never from here by the way, most of us came from a planet named Marsh. It is now a farm planet for sector 15-0A a sector just outside our galactic boundary.

In our planet we where assigned positions for the galactic peace foundation we where never given a free choice.

"The galaxy is to large for freedom of choice" argued one annoying teacher of ours

The same thing happened over and over again day in and day out. I was not born to maintain the peace of our forefathers

"Those are dangerous thoughts" my mother would say, "You must go pray now". We had no particular God to worship we worshipped the essence of Peace, It is more of an abstract concept, every 4th day of the week we have this session for visions from peace, they always bore the hell out of me. The only un-boring things in those sessions where the lovely girls. New comers would come from around the planet every now and then to our "church" yes we have a church... and my father is the pastor of this church.

What I can remember about the girls are there scents, always different never the same, at least that was my nose told me

And you cannot forget the down right crazy ones that wants your full conversion and devotion to the faith. Now this is not a mental log for my whole life story this is about how I got in to this ship in the first place.

That happened 10 Jellian years ago, when the raiders have landed on our home world. There was this war that started 100 years ago between the New Empire and the Republic, nothing should have landed on our planet that brought weapons of war and with out our knowing but why we all asked.

I never pondered on the thought too long. "Finally something new and exciting might just happen"

For a few months they have stayed on our world taking what is valuable and living in luxury. Homes would be abolished as well as out stocks.

"That is not the Iarollian way" and elder would argue in our church meetings about taking the raiders out.

To be honest it serves them all rights and finally schools where close due to this event, I got to be free and help these raiders out and getting a little sneak peak into there ships. Despite all the taking that these raiders did, we where still willing to help them.

Almost a year have passed and these raiders are about to leave not until they started to notice my talents in machine working and electronics.

Days before them leaving the captain stood before me with his well formed dress and silky white shoes that matched his dress V-shaped dress with a firmly tucked undergarment following his well groomed hair cut worthy of the monarch of the Old Empire.

I could feel my heart pound from front to back, I could not catch my breath in time but I remained conscious with this imposing figure that stood before me

With one glimpse that seemed to have lasted an eternity I was chosen. I felt so much joy that I had to leap but not infront of these people. that night and nights to follow before my departure my parents seemed to disown me, I had an obligation and even an arranged marriage but I was willing to leave that all behind.

We went to many planets and learn many things, things that I would have never thought of before, this was natural. I would constantly tell that to myself every time a voice making me return home would pop up.

I would later find out that the crew that I have joined is one of the top players of hunting rare Items to be put in the markets. But what does that have to do with our planet? Well we where part of the rarity the Republic lost in the war and the New Empire's Emperor wanted to see as much of the items from this World of Peace.

Though out all of this I have met many crew members that have died in honor of the New Empire some of which became good friends.

Even the captain grieved for his fallen but no emotion was to partake in business.

"They all knew what was coming by entering my ship", He said in a stone cold voice, "time to move on".

I did my part in becoming what they expect of me then it hit me... I have been under the same system all along. I was only beyond my home but the structure that I have entered was nothing different. Both seek order with different means but still underlying the same.

How could I have been so blind? the voices got stronger like it was waiting for me to slip and bombard me with guilt.

His sympathy toward his crew grew colder and colder with every death and pressure to prove himself the New Empire.

2..

Time was running out; a decision that would decide the fate of the last of my crew that I consider as family... Duty, that was the the virtue of my home world.

1...

PWEWW!!

All eyes widened in alert followed by a huge thud. The captain has fallen and I killed him.

"We shall pursue the UFO no longer" I commanded, "Under the galactic code of ethics one must not pursue any anomalous object that comes from outside the galaxy"

"Head for the nearest planet we shall go home"

"Yes sir" the dwarf complied.

We landed on a planet safely. according to diagnostics the planet was 70% water on the surface much more water than from my home world land masses were huge and It seemed that this planet is one of the oldest in the universe the home of the first lives, the origin of our race.

Earth

November 11, 2020 13:39

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.