0 comments

African American Fantasy Inspirational

Walking down to the quiet scene of the ocean.

Washing down the heavy weight of burden on me.

Guess life is how you live it, Imma live my life and a happy one as well.

After school, I got engaged in photography work with my girlfriend unfortunately she needs to further her education elsewhere, I loved this part of her, that never cease to get my back.

I love nature and creative images.so I visit places and ceremonies where I'm not even invited just to take some few shots. I always keep that on my beautiful gallery.

I got recommendations from pals and unknown people and I must say, work was boosting to its peak. I delivered perfectly since my whole life depends on it.

My girlfriend became very happy about the future, she tried to project my work anywhere she finds herself.

She's decent, caring, loving and hardworking. She promised to returned after her education to get my job branded.

 I made myself available and sneak to big events to get myself a gig. In a ceremony where guests were pretty sited , I mean it was an official event organization where dignitaries where presents and I found myself in there, I felt butterfly in my stomach and felt a cold chills passing through my veins. I was scared I'm gonna ask for my invitee card. I kept my cool, fortunately the good sun shines on my fortunes.

The programme got started and could hear some murmuring, could it be that they have suspected an uninvited entrant in the center? Could it be me? I better not freak out.

The program was on going and I eavesdrops a convo about a booked photographer for the ceremony who didn't show up. They couldn't get a back up so I sincerely opted for the gap to fix it. I stood bravely from my sit and started taking shots right away. The MC was smart to introduce me to avoid embarrassment.

I took beautiful shots of the scenes, got paid, recommendation was a silver lining in the cloud. I got home happily and blew the news to my girlfriend, you couldn't imagine her happiness and joy. So we planned our life ahead, hoping to get married soon. 

I felt reluctant to sneak to uninvited events because I thought I had lot of money. So I became less occupied and venturing into video editing. I loved my gallery, well my girlfriend wasn't so please with my whole idea but maybe money deceptively got me.

My girlfriend got certified in Communication field, I held a party for her comeback and success in her education. So what's next in life? Well I want my boyfriend to skillfully lecture me on photography because I think I'm developing a keen interest in that. So how about communication? Well tryna adopt the footsteps of my boyfriend she laughed.

I wanna make my gallery a dream for us. Let's make it happen she said. 

As a good boyfriend and hoping for the best for our future, I thought her skillfully as she expressed. and hey she got all better than me, she just hit that spot perfectly and that raised an eye brown. 

Some months later I had a good contract on a short show, I'm been hired as their videographer. I went for the gigs and oops I needed to lodge at the hotel with the crews for about two months. Shortly after, we had couples of shot and they loved my work. Few weeks to the end of the show. Criminals broke into the hotel to rob us. That was my saddest moment, I felt my life had come to an end. I felt all what have worked for have been drained away for a second. I wished the earth will open up and swallow me. My journey home was like a walk of a snail.

I finally got home, met my girlfriend and narrated the story to her, she grapped me and gave me light, she gave me hope, I felt like a being again. Surprisely she showed up with a new Elements and items. Items that are needed for photography,

And where the hell did you get all these?

I worked and had all these while you were away, don't you think we can do this together again? For a second I felt loved.

Time spent with her was amazing, wasn't lacking because she kept the money I left behind for our upkeep but man got to do further and work harder. I needed money in a swifter way which couldn't give a space for patience.

 Fortunately I met an old friend way back in school who works in the office of the president. we exchanged pleasantries and had a good convo. I felt this could be a big win for me. I held her right my way and forgot about my pregnant girlfriend who was begging for my presence.

YES I know but babe I need this money, this could be a turn around for us. Truthfully I channelled my energy to my old friend Crystal.

Crystal loved my company, shes just a duplicate of my girlfriend, I move on with her for some years and lost the connection of my girlfriend gradually, I felt this but I thought I could catch up anytime because I was working things for us and it's gonna turn up to be a surprise when I win. I mean returning to her with all wealth and joy, yes thats gonna be mind blowing but unfortunately I lost her engagement. 

Crystal ever asked whether I'm dating, that was the most difficult moment for me. I pretended I never heard her, she asked for the second time and I couldn't spit the truth than to deny it. Our friendship elevated to another zone. I felt the aura of love and I clicked on it. 

She finally got me a job and recommendation, soon we became lovers, we had a good living and engagements. Work was selling as much but something happened. 

A meeting was held for all photographers. It was announced that a deputy in the office of the president will be celebrating his 40th anniversary in the office.

They needed a deserving and eligible photographer to take this gig but it comes with traveling packages and officially working with him, so we need you all to forward your portfolios. The derserved one will be contacted soon. Wish you the best of luck. 

The program was over and guess who I bumped to? It was her with my son. I couldn't hug her because I felt I betrayed us but I'm happy to see us, hope she understands my reasons, what I did wasnt a bad plan for us. As I got closer to her, she pushed me away. crystal saw as afar and came closer, she asked what's happening but my ex girlfriend left. Crystal ordered his guys to check up on her, I told her it's not necessary. 

I got home so confused and bitter, crystal came home asking about her, I plainly told her it's an old friend. And who was the little child? Crystal! that I may not know, can we discuss something better and hey hope I'm winning this deal undoubtedly? 

Definitely my man Crystal said. 

I think i couldn't have enough thought of my ex girlfriend at that program, what could she be doing there? Is she really in for this deal too, no I doubt, maybe she's an excort. What if she's in for it, appprently I'm the winner I really dont have to bother my head over it aside that I'm not competing with anyone. It's solely mine. 

Few weeks later, Crystal has been behaving strangely. Anytime I cared she either snub me or give me another reason for her moody attitude. I allowed her to flow because you never understand women when they're in their elements but was hoping for the best. 

I finally asked her about the deal, how she's working things out, she promised me a good one but asked me to prepare ahead. 

The programme came of again but this time, they were announcing the best three photographers who suits and are eligible for the job. Unexpectedly my ex name was mentioned, myself and other who happens to be the best trio. 

I wasn't comfy so I left the place earlier to have my mind at rest. 

Crystal returned home happily. 

Dennis:What was the meaning of that, 

Crystal :Meaning of what? 

Dennis: I told you about a friend and all you could do is to include her to the top three? what the hell has come over you? I'm really not down with this, kindly exempt her. 

Crystal: If you think you will comfortably win, why tensed over it? 

Dennis:I'm not, it's alright maybe I'm been paranoid. 

Crystal :paranoid you mean, Dennis you lied to me, that lady is your ex not only your ex but a lover you had a son with, you neglected her to fight alone and make it through to this peck, you're heartless Dennis, she had a good plan for you but you followed me because of riches, job or what. I still can't figure it out.

Dennis I got to tell you, you've lost it all, the final day is slated tomorrow night, trust me I'm gonna make her win this gig, she deserves it better than a coward and heartless man. I'm gonna make her dream come true, get ready to know the brand "HER GALLERY" She wept and left to her room. 

Dennis:I'm sorry, you will never understand. 

Dennis wept and reminisce about their past life. 

Crystal it's not what you think, I didn't mean to take an advantage over you, I was fighting for a successful future for us (ex girlfriend) but she gave up.

Dennis: She's gonna make her dream come true finally, The gallery, I lost this battle. He bitterly wept. 

November 06, 2020 19:45

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.