Hallucination Prt 2.

Submitted into Contest #44 in response to: Write a story that starts with two characters saying goodbye.... view prompt

3 comments

General

A/N: Please read hallucination Prt 1 before you read this. 


What would you do if someone you loved no longer existed? As if they never existed in the first place and were only a figment of your imagination. What if you were so sure they loved you, but then they vanish into thin air? What would you do? Cry yourself to sleep. Scream at the top of your lungs for no one else to hear. What if no one cared or if no one knew? How do you cope? Let the feelings be buried at the bottom of your heart only to resurface and tear you into shreds? Let yourself constantly hear their words rattle around and around in your brain only to accept that harsh reality? 

 Yes. I want to scream; I want to shout. But I can't. Instead I must compress these feelings, forever in eternity locked away in the depths of my solitude heart. Alone, forever as the clock strikes twelve with no one to make me feel like a princess, or to search for me in a hundred different towns. No one to be there as I cry myself to sleep. The salty tears are bitter in my mouth without your pale hand to caress my cheek and wipe them away. I can no longer look for the stars in your wide almond eyes. I guess all I can do is say goodbye.  

It’s difficult to say goodbye, I don’t want to be forgotten by him. I guess life throws hell at you to see if you can cope. I can’t, not without him. I remember when we first met, I heard laughter and saw his pink-dusted cheeks. His peachy lips formed a smile, the same lips that would kiss me on my forehead and tell me everything was okay.  

“I want to help people,” I can vaguely remember saying. “just like your mom” I smiled and looked into his deep, green eyes full of content.  

But now I realise that this sense of tranquillity no longer exists, I am alone. Lost, seemingly forever as I sit in the back of a cold empty car. Red and blue lights flash around me as the uncomfortable, black seats cling to my sweaty skin. I want to cry, but my tears just won’t fall. I want to scream, but my lips just won’t open. 

I look out the window wondering where he is. It’s a cold, rainy right by now. I can no longer see the sunshine through in between the tree branches. “don’t leave me” I whisper, loud enough for only me to hear. My warm breath stains the glass windows, and as the car comes to a halt, I can see a police station in view. 

Psychotic hands grab at bard windows meanwhile, my ears are filled with the sounds of screams. The car door creaks open, as a pair of officers escort me through the rain and into the building. No interrogation seems to be needed, as if evidence itself has deemed me guilty. I only did what had to be done. If I didn’t try to kill them, somebody else would’ve.  

I am thrown into an empty cell. There are scratch marks all over the floor, as if someone has tried to escape but to no avail, the window is smashed with shards of broken glass sticking out, only to be covered by eight cold, steel bars. I'm alone in here, just like how I'm alone in my heart.  

I'm hungry, starving, but I don’t want to eat. All I can see, hear, touch, is him. Back deep in the depths of my imagination, I refuse to believe he is just a hallucination. I love him, his green eyes and messy light brown hair. Just imagining it makes me fall into a deep sleep. 

I dream of a time when we were younger. 

“heh heh... I like you,” he looked at me, his cheeks red. 

“prove it,” I said in a shy quite voice (being my 8-year-old innocent self I had no idea what he was going to do) 

We were at a fun fair, at the top of the tallest bouncy castle slide. He looked at me smiling and sighed. 

“fine,” he answered “but don’t blame me if you regret this." 

Without warning, he jumped off the highest ledge of the castle. I screamed, causing everyone around me to come to a halt. I ran after him and attempted to grab his hand, but my hand slipped right through his as if he were a ghost. 

I fell to the ground and broke my leg, and he was nowhere in sight.

 

panting, i sat up, awake in my bedroom. I am no longer in a police station with bars at the window. I'm in my warm bed, with a blue duvet and white sheets. He is lying right next to me, arms around me as his chest rises and falls. His warm breath, inhaling and exhaling, causes the hair on my face to swing back and forth as he opens his green eyes.  

“morning beautiful,” his deep masculine voice says in a soft and gentile tone. 

I sigh as I feel safe in his arms, his eyelashes flutter up and down as he slowly blinks and I the sound of the birds chirping outside. I slowly get up, but realise how hard the soft mattress feels, and as I look down, I notice my surroundings begin to flicker. I keep seeing a stone hard surface underneath me, as he begins to slowly fade away. 


Was I just imagining it? Where am I? 

I'm back at the police station. But instead of feeling alone I see three pairs of angered eyes glare at me. Sharp, red nails dig into my back as the icy hands their connected to hold onto my shoulders. As I become more aware, I notice a familiar pair of red lips, and to my horror find a blonde bob of hair attached to a pale face. It's her, along with her two accomplices.

how? i question myself, and refuse to believe he is a hallucination.

"I KILLED YOU" I shout "WHY AREN'T YOU DEAD?!?"

i try and swing my fists but restraints hold down both my hands and feet. "GIVE HIM BACK" I cry, finally all the tears spurring down my face "PLEASE, HE'S THE ONLY THING I HAVE"

but my shouts and cries are worthless, and no one will listen. mostly because its them, the ones who stole him from me. I want to end them, but I can’t. I feel so weak as I haven't eaten for days. I try to stand but have no energy, i want to see him but can't.

"I love him..." I cry as I notice a familiar needle.

"I love you too," I hear a familiar voice say, just as the needle pierces through my skin and everything blacks out.

 

June 02, 2020 13:08

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

Daryl Gravesande
13:25 Jun 02, 2020

Perfect way to end a 2 parter! I loved it! My fave part was the ending. So cliffhangy kinda, but also satisfying to read! Love IT!!!

Reply

Roxie ...
14:31 Jun 02, 2020

thank you!!

Reply

Daryl Gravesande
16:10 Jun 02, 2020

No prob!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.