Amalgamation of Works

Written in response to: Write about an apartment building being demolished.... view prompt

25 comments

Fiction

Hello, my friends!


It's been a hot second since I posted anything, but I have returned to give you all the stories I have been working on since I left.


This link will take you to the google doc with my amalgamation of works (which, isn't really that impressive, but here we are).


The reason I don't have the stories just here on the Reedsy page is because I used lots of color for one poem, and I can't show that here.


Those of you who remember my old CYOA, this new doc includes a link for a completed one! I hope you all enjoy it!


Anyways, without further ado... the link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zcy8BjgdcEcRjYTAHBTFWSmVhByillYMbgWfMZFg8xw/edit?usp=sharing


If you have any questions, critiques, or cantankerous statements (πŸ˜‰), please comment below! I always appreciate it!

June 03, 2022 00:31

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

25 comments

Beautiful poem. The CYOA is amazing. Love it! I think it's a really cool idea- would it bother you if I did something like this? It's completely fine if you don't want me to though- it's your thing that you started.

Reply

I got the idea from Google, actually, so it’s not my original idea. But for what it’s worth: absolutely! Go for it! :) Also thank you for reading the poem! I appreciate you taking a look! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Eric D.
17:21 Aug 17, 2022

Hi katie! So cool I've written two big CYOA stories I didn't think anyone else was doing them, I'm excited to check them out. I was wondering if you had the time if you would check out one of my stories please πŸ™ the Krav Maga one or the guide to hidden places I'm trying to improve on my writing hehe. Thank you !!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
TJ Squared
23:22 Jun 12, 2022

I like the new and improved CYOA! Twas fun to complete! Thanks for taking the time to make it happen :)

Reply

Thank you! It was fun to make! How are you?? It’s been a while!

Reply

TJ Squared
00:18 Jun 13, 2022

:D Doing pretty good, how about you? It really has been a while :)

Reply

Well. I opened my phone to respond and cracked it. :/ But other than that, I’m great!

Reply

TJ Squared
00:29 Jun 13, 2022

Oof I hope you can get it fixed soon. That’s great to hear :D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Dhwani Jain
15:01 Jun 06, 2022

ah! you're back! How are you doing?

Reply

Mostly just to post and leave, though. I doubt I'll ever be permanently back, sadly. But hello! I just wanted to post some of my work again. So I hope you enjoy! How are you??

Reply

Dhwani Jain
06:52 Jun 07, 2022

Ok, but why? XD Yeah, I did. I'm great

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Beautiful poems, Katie! I tried the CYOA, and the Queen killed me as a spy. She didn't believe it was a misunderstanding . . . I'll tell you what happens the next time I try it.

Reply

Thank you so much! I appreciate it!! I’m sorry the Queen killed you. If it makes you feel better, some paths help you take her down ;) Please do, if you don’t mind! I love seeing where everyone ends. Happy Pentecost! :)

Reply

And happy Pentecost to you too! My little sister played ALL of the service music today, by herself, for the first time! How are you?

Reply

Oh that’s awesome! Congrats to her! Just work, work, and more work. The best is when you accidentally drop the customers change out the window and they are clearly annoyed but insist it’s fine. I’ve done like 6 times in the past hour. Seriously, someone needs to get me a bucket or something so I can pass out the change successfully πŸ˜† But I’m fine! You?

Reply

The bucket sounds like a good idea lol :) Do you like your job? I'm doing well. I'm so excited that my most recent contest entry, Nomenclature, has 24 likes! The most I've ever gotten! Also, I just got a really cool antique wooden desk. It's in great condition! It has a glass top, seven drawers, and little rings for the drawer pulls. It came with a chair, and it was free!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Dhwani Jain
10:42 Mar 15, 2023

Hey Katie! How have you been? I am gonna come back to Reedsy soon, I think. What about you?

Reply

Hey you! This is actually the first day I've checked Reedsy in ages... I don't think I'll be back anythime soon. But if you would like me to read some of your stuff I'd be willing do that! How are you?

Reply

Dhwani Jain
06:22 Mar 16, 2023

That's such a coincidence! I'd love you to read my story THE REVENGER. How's your life, school and all?

Reply

I FINALLY finished the rough draft for my 8-10 page essay like 15 minutes ago. You can watch the caliber of my writing just die as you progress though the essay, but at this point I'm not sure I care. I've been working on it since January, and I am so tired of it by now, lol. Who thought it would be FUN to extensively research a famous essayist and write an essay about the influences in the person's life had on their writing?? (OK full disclosure, I initially thought it would be, but then I actually did the assignment). And Judith Sargent M...

Reply

Dhwani Jain
07:36 Mar 20, 2023

okay....was not expecting the rant at all but it was so fun to finally read someone post a HUMAN-y comment on here. I mean, most of my/our friends on here have disappeared and those who are are not quite as active (or that's what I think because I am inactive myself). I just hope you get the best grade possible for the essay cuz you sure have done a lot of work if that was started in January! Thank you for that. What's up with you lately? Any new stories which are not borin' ol' essay that might seem cool at first but be a little too much ...

Reply

Hello friend! Just been reading the heck of of WWII historical fiction stories while chilling in Spain and the Caribbean (why we spent years not going on vacations and then had two huge ones in the same year is so chaotic). Wild places, wild stories. The good news is, I have a lot of new material for writing. At any rate, how are you?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Dhwani Jain
12:21 Jul 10, 2022

How are you?

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.