3 comments

Holiday Fantasy Teens & Young Adult

As most of you know, Halloween is a holiday in which everyone dresses up in a different costume. The ghost one is most preferred. I will be with it this year! But it won’t be a costume, unfortunately. A few months ago, I had an accident with my best friend. Then I immediately came out of my body, but I did not see a spirit from her body. I followed the ambulance to the hospital, it turned out that I died on the spot, but she is alive. Then everything around the funeral and the sad moments were painful. But there was nothing I could do to return to the world of the living as a human being. Several times I tried to contact them by moving into objects and things like that, but I only scared them that way.

Let’s go back to Halloween. Today was a day of fear and reverence. I came out of the sea of the dead, it was many, many kilometers underground, it was lava. I realized that Hell and Heaven do not exist, there is just a hollow in the earth very deep, into which every dead person goes. So it’s nothing special if you thought that way.

Anyway, it was already getting dark and I was watching the little kids start coming out earlier. Teenagers, of course, thought they would be cool if they went out later and pretended to be fearless - mostly boys. The spirit of Halloween was long gone, it was once celebrated to ward off evil spirits (not like me) because it was believed that they came to visit people from the afterlife, as well as to do evil, the night before Halloween. Young people today, including me a few months ago, were doing crazy things that night, such as going around “hounted” houses or entering “cursed” places.

There were a lot of ghosts around doing nonsense. Each spirit had a color that reflected their nature. Mine was yellow, which meant I had a supposedly pure soul. Some were red, which meant they were evil, and blacks were even worse. White spirits were very rare, they were almost angels, if that would help you understand.

I wandered around the crowds, making people goosebumps as I passed through their bodies.

A few hours later, I noticed the first teen group coming up. The girls were dressed in rather scanty clothes, some unpleasant parts of their bodies could be seen. The boys were some with skeletons painted on their faces, while others had “sinister” pumpkins. I approached and followed them, listening to their conversations.

“Do you think I look sexy? Is my ass visible enough?” - One asked in a squeaky voice.

“Your ass is great, darling!” - The boy replied, then she slapped him. - “What? I answered you!”

“I didn’t ask you, idiot! I asked Selena. And how dare you look at me in these places?”

“Enough, Rosa, you look unique.” - Said Selena, I guess. - “Where are we going now?”

“To the Baron’s house. Everywhere in the news it was written that it was the scariest place in our city.” - Another boy said.

“I wish I had tits like yours!” - Rosa muttered in her squeaky, unpleasant voice.

I was disappointed that this is today’s generation. I realized that these were children everywhere. The fact that she asked about her body, which stood out from everywhere, and her boy answered the question, after which she slapped him for his answer, said a lot about her upbringing. Why does she do it at all? It is a pity that almost all girls are like that. Anyway, as they walked there and I followed them, I noticed another ghost next to me.

“I’m Harry, hello.” - He said.

“Danilyn, hello to you too! It’s the first time I’ve met someone since I died.” - I laughed awkwardly.

“Understandably, I also needed some time before I met anyone. How did you die?" - Harry asked me.

“In a catastrophe. What about you?”

“A knife in the heart, here.” - He pulled on his shirt, and I saw a cross section on the spot where his heart was.

“Oh, I’m sorry! This is awful …”

“Yours isn’t nice either. There is no good death, no matter how you watch it. There are from unpleasant to more unpleasant and so on.”

“How did it happen?” - I asked.

“It was my fault, I took the bad path of life. I worked for arms and drug dealers in general. I made a simple mistake, but in this business, even the smallest mistakes are deadly. Well, I did something wrong, and my boss stabbed me in the heart with a kitchen knife.”

“Poor you.”

“What is your plan for this group?”

“A plan?” - I answered with a question.

“You’ve been chasing them for half an hour, I guess you’ve come up with something for them.”

“Well …”

I did not answer. We continued after the group and finally arrived, after about an hour, in front of a house, really scary in appearance. I assumed this was the Baron’s house. Then, looking at it more closely, I noticed that red and black spirits were hovering inside. The rumor of the sinister house was real, it was hounted by ghosts.

“Will they hurt them?” - I asked Harry a question.

“It’s quite likely.”

I was worried, after all, they were just young people like I was. I tried in every way to give them signs, to startle them, but I didn’t succeed enough. They accepted it as a challenge. One of the black ghosts spotted me and approached. He looked about thirty.

“Did you come to disturb my entertainment?” - He growled at me.

“What kind of fun is it to harass people?”

“It is not your business.”

Harry pulled me back and we walked away, my eyes watering as I saw them enter, and the ghost laughed.

“They won’t die, Danny.” - He stroked my cheek.

“Can you be my friend?” - I asked quetly.

“Of course I can. We have infinity for us.”

“Someday I’ll be able to see my family again, won’t I?” - I missed everyone in the world of the living.

“Yes, you will spend eternity with them too! Until then, I will be with you every day from now on.”

Believe it or not, it calmed me down. From this Halloween onwards, my days were happier. I had support from Harry and it wasn’t long before we became a couple. I was happy, though dead. I was looking forward to the day when I would introduce my parents to him. So I realized that whatever you go through, the important thing is to have someone to share it with.

October 30, 2020 21:44

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

B. W.
00:29 Nov 05, 2020

i'll give this a 10/10 :)

Reply

Angela Sokolova
11:48 Nov 05, 2020

thank u so much <3

Reply

B. W.
15:53 Nov 05, 2020

no prob ^^ ya deserve it

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.