Wishing (Part 3)

Submitted into Contest #92 in response to: End your story with a truth coming to light.... view prompt

55 comments

Adventure Friendship

*Unrelated to prompt, part 3 of Wishing series*

-----------------

We walked in the jewelry store, and honestly, this place is pretty nice. They have so many necklaces, and bracelets, and earrings! Ella saw a really pretty necklace and asked the the store clerk how much.

“Oh, that necklace is $200.” She responded.

“$200?! Oh, no, I don’t have nearly enough money for-” Ella started. The store clerk looked at Ella.

“Wait, are you Ella Matthews?! Grand daughter of Ariel?!”

“Ummmm, yes?” Ella responded.

“Oh, I’m so sorry, you can have that for free!”

“Really?! Are you sure I can’t pay you…”

“No, no, my pleasure!” So she put the necklace in a bag for Ella, and she also let me have a free piece of jewelry since I am, after all, Cinderella’s granddaughter.

Ella put a $200 bill on the table. We hurried out of the jewelry shop before the clerk could give the money back and looked around. I thought about what happened in the store. It’s almost as if she didn’t realize I was Maddy Carter. I mean, Cinderella RULED the Enchanted Forest, she was the actual QUEEN, but the clerk girl didn’t pay attention, clearly. Ella was the one who told her!

“Oh, there’s the dress shop!” I said, looking up. I was pointing at a big shop with dresses on display.

“Ooo, look at that one!” Ella gasped as we walked in. She pointed to a light, greenish-teal dress. I looked around and saw a glimmering purple dress with a long, flowy skirt.

“Oh, Ella, look!” I said. I ran over to it and almost hit a girl who looked about our age.

“OMG, I am so sorry.” she said, then looked at me. “Are you… A royal?” She gasped. “Can I pay for this? I feel so bad for hitting you!” She asked.

“No, it’s ok. It was my fault for running anyways.” I told her honestly.

“You sure?” I nodded. “Thank you for the offer, though!” I called as she speedwalked away. “$150.” I muttered, looking at the price tag.

“Maddy, that would look awesome on you.” Ella said, with her phone in one hand and a short pink dress in another hand.

“And that would match your case!” I smirked. She giggled.

Suddenly my phone was vibrating in my jean shorts pocket. “Oh, mom’s calling me.” I told Ella. After 5 minutes, I was hugging Ella and we were both basically crying of happiness.

“Our parents are getting Lilly and Evelyn!” I said happily. Since we hadn’t seen them in a week, we were soooo excited to see our baby sisters.

“Oh, call Andrew!” she said suddenly. I scrolled through my contacts, looking for Andrew’s name. “There.” She said, pointing to a picture of toddler Andrew and Ella grinning. I clicked on the facetime button. “Hi Andrew!” Ella said.

“Guess what, Lilly and Eve are coming!!!” I screeched.

“Ow, my ears.” he grinned.

"Seriously?"

“JK!!! I am super excited!” He said.

“Did you get your suit yet?” Ella asked suspiciously.

“Yep, see?” He said, switching his camera the other way so we could see his neat black tuxedo.

“Hey Andrew, got a daaate?” Ella sang.

“Nope.” he said quickly.

“Take us?” Ella pleaded.

“I guess.” he said.

“Ok! Gotta get ready for later!” Me and Ella said at the same time. We grinned as I clicked end call.

Since the ball was in an hour, we were getting ready when we heard the doorbell ring. I ran downstairs in a pair of heels I was trying on, and saw my little sister.

“MADDY!!!!!” Evelyn shrieked.

“EVE!"I ran to my sister and squeezed her. "How was your stay with Auntie Addison?” I asked her.

“Good! Now, where is my dress that Mommy said I was getting?” She demanded. We all laughed.

~~

“Let the ball comence!” Me and Ella looked around trying to find Andrew and when Ella spotted him.

“Oh, he’s over there! I think he’s trying to flirt with that girl!” we snickered. Ella and I walked over to Andrew and realized that the girl he was trying to flirt with was the one I had bumped into at the dress shop. She had light brown hair, dark hazel eyes, and a few freckles. 

“Oh, hey! Your the girl from Ballutiful, right?” Ella asked her.

“Umm, yeah.”

“You seemed scared! Like, at Ballutiful. And, we’re nice, honestly! Well, I think..." Andrew snorted. "You don’t have to be scared of us.” I told her. She looked at us and nodded.

“Yeah, I don’t know why I ran. I guess I just thought your powers were a little scary.” She explained. “Oh, I left my punch over there-” she started as Andrew interrupted.

“Here, let me get it for you.” He used his powers to carefully lift it and move it over here. The girl’s jaw dropped.

“Wait, your a royal too?!”

“Yeah, I’m Andrew! That’s my twin sister Ella, and our friend Maddy!”

“Wait, so your all royals?!” She asked, still shocked. Duh.

“Yeah.” I said, obviously in a meanish tone, because she raised her eyebrows at me. She then worked up the courage to speak.

“Cool. I’m Isabelle!”

We talked with Isabelle for a while and found out that she’s an orphan. She’s never known who her parents are, and the only thing she has from them is a rose key necklace. She said she’s always found it to be sweet, but weird. Who puts a rose on a key and makes it a necklace?! Actually, a lot of people. I thought to myself.

“You guys are right, you are so nice! I don’t know why I ever thought you weren't! Thank you so much!” 

Suddenly the ground started shaking!

“MOM! What’s happening?!” Ella asked Mrs. Matthews as she balanced her punch.

“This is what happened last time. The man came.” She explained. 

“You guys are going to get sucked to the test.” My mom added. Isabelle looked at us.

“What’s happening?” Isabelle asked worriedly. We explained everything we knew about the man and that the ball was pretty much a set up for him. She understood and nodded. It started getting really windy and Ella squeezed my hand and I looked at her and gave her a small smile. I've never been a huge fan of twirly-whirly roller coasters, and this was what it felt like. Suddenly, it felt like we were being sucked up a tornado. The next thing we know, we were all lying on rocks.

“Where are we?”

“Wait, who said that?!” Me, Ella, and Andrew said at the same time. I looked around and noticed something. “Isabelle?!”

“Izzy- wait can I call you that?” Ella asked her. Izzy nodded. “How did you get here?!”

“I don’t know, I’m just as confused as you.” She said in a scared tone. Suddenly I saw something moving in the water.

“Wait, MOM?!” Ella asked as we looked into the water. She poked her head out.

“How did you-” I started.

“No time to explain. You guys have to look for a rock with-wait, Isabelle, what’s that on your neck?” My mom asked.

“Oh, my necklace? Well, I’m an orphan, and it’s the only thing I have from my parents.”

“Isabelle, that necklace, the rose, that’s the symbol of Rose Well!” We all looked at Izzy.

“Wait, so does that mean my parents live in Rose Well?!” She asked hopefully. We all looked to where my mom was to hear an answer, but she was gone.

“Okay, where did she go?” I asked. We all just stood there for a while until Isabelle broke the silence.

“Soooo, what do we do now?” She asked as she looked around.

“I don’t-” Then I remembered something.

“Wait, Mrs. Matthews said to look for a rock with something on it!” I blurted out.

“Yeah! Everyone start looking for a rock that has something on it that isn’t natural!” Ella exclaimed as she got down on her knees to look around.  We all looked around and couldn’t find anything for a while, but then Andrew spotted something.

“Over here! It looks like it has writing on it!” He said as he brushed the dust off of the stone. Me, Ella, and Izzy crawled over to Andrew and looked at what he found.

“You're right! I think it’s engraved with writing! It looks like a riddle or something!” Izzy agreed.

“Four gems to find. Defeat a task, and you’ll get your treasure. Put them together, hope there’s good weather!” I read off the stone. We all looked at each other.

Four gems?! I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Izzy’s down here.

May 06, 2021 11:32

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

55 comments

Cookie Carla🍪
15:56 May 06, 2021

Hi~🍦

Reply

SAMANTHA LANGLEY
16:34 May 06, 2021

Thanks! 🍪

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
TJ Squared
14:47 May 09, 2021

TLO part 2 is out :)

Reply

SAMANTHA LANGLEY
15:27 May 10, 2021

yaaaayy, I read it, I like it! I'll be on the lookout for my part :{D

Reply

TJ Squared
15:31 May 10, 2021

hehe lol

Reply

SAMANTHA LANGLEY
15:39 May 10, 2021

I got a score of 219 on my test today-- I don't think it's much of an improvement from last year, though.

Reply

TJ Squared
15:40 May 10, 2021

well, there must be something. Maybe you didn't improve in the test, but in something else, like a skill.

Reply

SAMANTHA LANGLEY
16:35 May 10, 2021

Yeah, I know more stuff, so that's good... I got 219 overall, though. In some categories, I got scores higher than what I got overall for my ELA NWEA. (my ela score was 223.)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sapphire 🌼
21:18 May 08, 2021

You should totally make a blog!!!! I would love to read it!!!

Reply

SAMANTHA LANGLEY
12:56 May 10, 2021

Thank you, I am going to attempt to make one!

Reply

Sapphire 🌼
15:52 May 10, 2021

yay!

Reply

SAMANTHA LANGLEY
16:37 May 10, 2021

I'll share the link when I'm done

Reply

Sapphire 🌼
16:37 May 10, 2021

okie! Thanks! I'll subscribe :)

Reply

SAMANTHA LANGLEY
16:38 May 10, 2021

If there even is a subscribe thing XD

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
00:31 May 08, 2021

🍦 :)

Reply

SAMANTHA LANGLEY
12:55 May 10, 2021

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Sapphire 🌼
17:04 May 07, 2021

How dare I forget to do this 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦...

Reply

SAMANTHA LANGLEY
18:31 May 07, 2021

hehehehehehehehehehehehehhehehe

Reply

Sapphire 🌼
21:18 May 08, 2021

heheheheheheheheheheeheheheheheheehehe

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.