22 comments

Adventure Fantasy Fiction

Wondering that whether anything can be felt differently even if they are same, of course it depends upon the way you see it. Probably its essence will completely change if you think or look at it distinctly.

_____

Packaging boxes and bagpacks were lying all over in the living room. Two girls seemed to be discussing something extremely important. Let's shift a bit closer to them to hear it!

"Ugh, I don't believe it. I forgot to buy my cheese puffs from grocery store!" said Kyler.

"Well, Don't worry! We've got loads of other stuff too. I am sure it will be plenty enough for two days camping.Now hurry up, otherwise we are going to be late." Said Aria

"What? Oh yeah, yeah." said Kyler who was too busy loading her bagpack.

It was a cheerful and pleasant weekend. The Walters family was going for a two days camp in the nearby Forest.

The car drive wasn't exactly as much fun as Kyler wished it to be. The reason is that the car was actually not as big as Mrs Walters expected it was. The 4 living beings plus atleast 8 bags of luggage. Mr. Walters wanted to carry grill, stones, tents, tool boxes, ropes and much other things for a typical camping, but even after all this they managed to sit ,rather tightly in car. They reached the campsite at 11 noon. They unboxed the massive grill and put on the tent for sleepover. And not surprisingly, the car achieved a puncture after this drive.

Aria observed that there was a small cottage at the other side of a lake. No one lived in here. It was empty for as long as one could know. But you can go in there through a rock pull that connected the two ends the lake. The campers usually picked up the side where the cottage wasn't there and so did the Walters family.

Aria stood on one of the cliffs and stared at the cottage, just then Kyler called her for lunch. They were having mayonised sandwiches and energy drinks. Mr. Walters always said that a camper must eat light and energetic food.

They spent the afterwards time playing simple games, reading novels, dancing and chatting. Night was the time for bonfires. They all had much fun in today's camp. A day was over. Mr. Walters was planning some adventure sports for the other day.

Aria woke up early, even before her mother, she opened the zip of tent silently and got out. She again stared at the cottage. She didn't know why,but she had a strong desire to go there. She turned her neck back at once and then forward again and sighed in a way like she was telling someting to herself. She crossed the bridge smoothly and reached there.

___

Even though the cottage was tiny,it seemed to be controlling its surroundings. She moved to see the other face of it. There was a very beautiful flower, gleaming brightly in the middle of the plot. And in front of the flower there was the window of cottage.

The window was covering the wall completely. It was reallly big. It looked like a ordinary one with cross bars which are supposed to be in a window. Aria didn't quite understand how on earth a beautiful flower, with no human effects grew at this spot.

Her brain was doing some quick thinking and made a thought that she should go inside the cottage. But, should she? She knew that her parents are not going to be happy about this and the time is also-, she consulted her watch, it was 4:30a.m. She was surprised, how she woke up at this time! Anyways, this meant she had time. Her mother is not going to be up till 5:30 or so.

"Okay, I am going in." she muttered to herself.

She walked again to the front side of the cottage and pushed the door in. She then took the steps really carefully and slowly moving her head to left amd right direction but like she had heard, it was empty. She moved forward, to the place where the window was. But as soon as her eyes fell on the window, she was stunned.

The window was not like ordinary anyomore. It looked completely different from inside of the cottage. The four blocks forming from the cross bars of the window were now filled with different coloured textures. And it seemed like each block was showing some different scenery of the outside world.

The first block was reddish-pink with a floating and smooth handmade texture. The second one was looking like a sad blue with loads of dots on it. The third was orange-red like a flame of fire and looked like it would burn anyone who touch it. The fourth was purple- shadowy black sort of colour with long stripes which was giving a gloomy feel. The bars were crystal white diving the four blocks equally. Aria blinked.

"What is happening!?"

She bend down and moved closer to the first block of the window.

She dared to look through it. The beautiful flower which she saw outside of the cottage was visible in this scene. But there was a change; the flower was gleaming more brightly than ever and a bunch of other flowers were floating with the gentle air blowing .They seemed to be dancing . It was such a pure scene that Aria was feeling a rush of internal happiness.

And then she backed off, that was good experience. She moved to the second block and looked through it . The scene was same but the flower was dull and pale as though it was not being watered for ages. It was looking sad, there was a thirst in his behaviour and maybe he was looking for friends. Aria suddenly got a glimpse of all the sad things in her mind that ever happended to her. She felt completely broke off and she couldn't see it anymore. She backed off,breathing heavily.

She plucked up her courage once more and shifted to third block, this time the flower was blooming and also he had the other flowers surrounding it. But he seemed to be having a grudge with them. They all wanted to talk to him but he wasn't in the mood of listening anything and shouted at them. They all left the flower alone but still the flower wasn't realizing.

"But why? Look flower! They all were helping you!" Aria thought and then she remembered maybe she had also done something like that.

The fourth one's left , Aria looked through it too.

This time, the flower was technically living but was mentally dead, intense darkness was surrounding it. He wasn't bold , he had so many fears but wasn't able to overcome them. What's the point of living like that? Horrible thoughts were coming to its mind,a huge boulder is gonna come and cut its roots---

"Nooooooo!" Wailed Aria and shut her eyes.

She ran off the cottage quickly.She laid in the tent as though she had never woke up.

***

Aria actually realized a great lesson, that it is our emotions or feelings that can totally change the way a thing happens. She thought of the flower as herself. It represented "What she feels?" If she thinks of the things like the first block or in other words in a happy way, she would be able to discover something good even in the bad things. That is the most beautiful things about life too.Learn a lesson and move on. It is true that beauty is everywhere you just need to look and see it!

;)



June 05, 2021 07:45

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

22 comments

Rushali Goel
09:53 Jun 06, 2021

Superb! 👏

Reply

Divya Gupta
10:21 Jun 06, 2021

Thank you 🤙

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Ravi Teltia
17:35 Jun 05, 2021

Interesting Read Divya. It has imagination with good message. 👍

Reply

Divya Gupta
05:55 Jun 06, 2021

Thank You🙂

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Manan Kaushik
11:23 Jun 05, 2021

Nice Effort Keep that Spirit High.....✌🏻

Reply

Divya Gupta
07:56 Jun 08, 2021

Thanks 🖖

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Meenu Goyal
10:41 Jun 05, 2021

Good story, keep it up!

Reply

Divya Gupta
07:57 Jun 08, 2021

Thanks😇

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Ridhi Goyal
09:44 Jun 05, 2021

A good read Divya!

Reply

Divya Gupta
07:56 Jun 08, 2021

Glad u like it!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
09:14 Jun 05, 2021

Nice though…. Keep it up

Reply

Divya Gupta
07:57 Jun 08, 2021

Thankyou😀

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Rajal Gupta
05:03 Jun 07, 2021

प्रभावी व सटीक भाषा उम्दा रचना superb !

Reply

Show 0 replies
Akanksha Gupta
13:17 Jun 05, 2021

Your imagination takes the reader to a new world !

Reply

Divya Gupta
07:56 Jun 08, 2021

Thankyou❤

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Akanksha Gupta
12:20 Jun 05, 2021

Great Imagination 😃

Reply

Show 0 replies
Ojasvi Teltia
11:28 Jun 05, 2021

Great Going! Keep it up! 👍🏻

Reply

Divya Gupta
10:43 Jun 14, 2021

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Rajal Gupta
09:20 Jun 05, 2021

Beautiful n nice story बेहतरीन व उम्दा सटीक रचना यूं ही लिखते रहो और आगे बढ़ते रहो

Reply

Divya Gupta
11:55 Jun 05, 2021

Thank you 😍

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Bhavna Gupta
08:18 Jun 05, 2021

Good story having meaningful lesson. Keep up the good work👍

Reply

Divya Gupta
11:54 Jun 05, 2021

Thanks.😇

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.