0 comments

Adventure Fantasy

This story contains sensitive content

⚠TRIGGER WARNING: The following story contains talk of death and fighting⚠ Ava Heifer is a young Kelpie girl, her friend Freya Aliz is a unicorn who was sent out to seek and lure people to their family homes. Kelpies eat rotting bodies when unicorns eat the souls of virgins. Creepy, yes but the girls don’t actually do their jobs, they just go off and hang out all day saying they couldn’t get anyone. One morning their parents met up and decided that they needed to send the kids to a different village.

“We need to send them away, if they “can’t get anyone” here then if we send them away they have to survive on their own.” Freya’s father said. Her mother had died when she was very young. At the time unicorn hunters had a high population in the area.

“That is a good idea but we can’t just have them go anywhere, we have to know that they wouldn’t die.” Ava’s mother said. They decided to choose the village that has some unnatural there that can send messages saying the kids are alive. When the girls left they were surprised that they had gotten away from their homes.

“We should hurry so we can talk to the locals,” Ava said.

“Our parents would kill us, let’s do it,” Freya said back. The girls had made it to the village around noon. They went to ask if there was a place to stay but were surprised to see that the people weren’t out. Ava knocked on the door of the closest house.

“Excuse me, is anyone home,” Ava asked through the closed door.

“Go away! You Kelpie and Unicorn”

“What?!” Ava and Freya were surprised they got recognized so easily. “Can we talk outside real quick please?”. The woman came out of her house and let them explain why they were there.

“We don’t eat souls and rotting bodies like we are supposed to, we can survive just like humans,” Ava said.

“But that is if we haven’t already eaten either one. Kelpies and Unicorns can’t eat either till they are ten, by then we are independent from our parents. They still keep us in the heart but otherwise not.” Freya added. The woman was surprised by this information, of course, the girls didn’t tell her everything. They were toxic and would lie, they lied about not having to eat souls and bodies. They actually do need that but it doesn’t need to be human. The woman sent the message that it was safe to come out. They would be staying with the Zannie, they are considered dangerous but the village let them live because they would kill anyone if needed.

“Hey V, wanna take a walk,” Freya asked in the middle of the night.

“Sure let me put my shirt on,” Ava answered. They walked out of the village and turned into their other forms and went to the river and relaxed till midnight when they turned into their human forms and found out that they were in their mid-forms.

“Shit, we can’t go back like this. It’s a new moon.” Ava said.

“We have to leave before the other unnatural sense us,” Freya exclaimed.

“Too late squirts.” said a voice. The girls look horrified to see a young Kappa laying in the river near them. The Kappa said he was the only one near the area and wouldn’t say anything. Helped them sneak back into the village and house.

“You girls need to be better about leaving. I have the back door unlocked for if you guys leave but are back before midnight. The main man does role-call you guys were new so he didn’t send a search but I must inform you about it” Zane said. The girls understood and went to bed. The next morning the girls saw that everyone ate meals together.

“Oh! I didn’t know we ate together, we don’t have the best eating habits. Hehe,” Freya said. This is cause Freya has to use her front teeth more and Ava has a lot of sharp teeth.

“We don’t mind, just don’t make a mess” a kind old lady said.

“Mama, they are monsters. Don’t treat them nicely” a younger lady said.

“Oh, hush. They are human like us, just special.” the old lady said. The old lady was considered the crazy woman of the village, but she had always treated everyone the same. After six months of the girls living in the village, there was news about a herd of White Kelpies that had been running through the villages killing everyone.

“We must evacuate, there is no way we can stay here”

“NO! There is one way we can stay here” Freya yelled.

“We will mark this village as our territory” Ava stated. “Only black unicorns can mark territory, well unicorn wise. Kelpies can mark territory anyways.” The girls got to work marking their territory but they knew it would fail but did it anyway. The kelpies stopped and looked for the source of the smell. The girls ran out and stood their ground.

“This is our land, you must leave” Ava yelled. The girls told the village that they should be able to leave if their plan fails. “We have marked this territory, the people that are in our territory is ours”

“HA! What power do you two brats have anyways” the leader said. That is when all the unnatural from the villages that hadn’t been attacked came and stood behind them. “Okay, guess we are fighting for the land.” All the Kelpies launched at the group. Ava had transformed into her horse form, she was larger than any other kelpie, she is known as a new moon kelpie, born during the new moon. Freya was a black unicorn so she did have an advantage in the dark forest. The battle went on for days. No one slept, the Kappa the girls had met killed all of those who slept. The number of the white kelpie heard was dropping quite quickly. Soon it was just the leader and one female. Ava and Freya walked over to them and said they had two options, leave and stay away or join and become like the other monsters. The leader stood up and pretended to choose the second option but took out his knife and slit Freya’s neck. Ava wasn’t quick enough to stop it but the two kelpies went and killed the village folk and left. They had failed, the zannie came running to them and asked if they need to bury Freya.

“No. she will heal in a few minutes, let's just get the village folk buried,” Ava said. Freya did heal and they walked to the river and laid down, going to sleep in the river only to be washed away to an island, Zane had followed them. The three of them went and lived on the island till humans came and brought them to a city making them protected.

March 09, 2022 17:30

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.