0 comments

Fiction

Once there was this interesting young man. He had a penchant for doing things well. But one day things went their own sweet way, and he was wondering why.

He woke up in the morning, and when he looked at his watch, he found he was late for work as his alarm did not ring. He was two hours late and he really didn't know why the alarm did not ring.

"Oh bloody ell, the alarm did not ring. Why oh why?"

He scrambled to put on his office clothes and get out of his PJs. He brushed his teeth in seconds. What normally was an elaborate routine, was now something he did without even thinking or for that matter looking in the mirror. He realized that he was almost late for the bus that went in the direction of the city where the company he worked for was located. He rushed to get the bus.

When he reached the bus stop after jogging to the place at a crazy speed, the bus arrived within seconds of him reaching the place. He then got on the bus.

The bus reached the office exactly on time when Joe Ernst finally reached the office. As soon as he reached the office, Clara the hot office blonde girl greeted him "Hi Joe Good morning" To which Joe said, "Hi Clara, how are you doing today?"

Joe was a little tired because of the rather hurried journey. He knew that whenever he woke up early he had enough time to dress up right and have breakfast. Joe was determined now to buy a new alarm and get rid of the one he owned.

Finally he got to his cubicle and started to do his work. He did everything perfectly well. Suddenly his personal phone started to ring. He did not answer. Little did he know he was making a huge mistake by not answering the phone.

Soon it was 5'o clock, and it was time to go home. Suddenly he realized that it was his pretty girlfriend of two weeks that was calling him. And he didnt answer the phone. Now he was really upset. 'Oh no, it was Gina who was calling me'he said to himself.

He called her up, but she didnt answer. It sure looked like Gina was upset about something! 

He decided to be patient about it, and didnt think anymore about it. But yes he was upset about the fact! 'The Universe is bothering me today" and it doesnt feel wonderful.

Joe Ernst headed home. He opened the door of his appartment and entered. Then he relaxed on the couch for a while. He then went to make some spaghetti for dinner. When he started to cook his dinner suddenly the phone rang. It was Gina.

"Hey Joe, I knew you were at work, so I wonder if this is a good time to talk." Yes Joe said and sat down on the couch in the living room. Joe and Gina had a long conversation for about 20 minutes. 

Suddenly it was evident that something in the kitchen was burning. Gina stopped talking to him, and he ran to the kitchen.

The frying pan had caught fire, and Joe had reached the kitchen just in time!

Joe was visibly angry, "The Universe is bothering me today" he said to himself and went to bed without dinner. He was very upset when suddenly the phone rang. 

"hey Gina" he said when he heard her voice on the line.

"Hey sexy" Gina said

"Wanna go out tommorow?" she said again.

"sure," Joe replied.

"See you tomorrow, Gina said and put the phone down after wishing him tomorrow

Joe Ernst was very very very happy. Not normally a perplexed man, he was happy that in spite of the Universe getting to him that day, he landed a date! 

He rolled to the other side of the bed, and not realizing that he was on its edge, he fell off the bed with an awesome thud. Joe was angry.

He called Gina again.

"Hi Joe," Gina said rather melodiously when she heard his voice. "Something tells me you are upset about something' almost as though she read his mind.

"The universe is bothering me today, first the alarm didnt ring, I missed your lovely phone call, I burned my dinner, and I fell off the bed."

"I'm not asking you to be my therapist, but that's too much going wrong on the same day," he said again.

"Do you want me to come over?" she asked him, her voice full of concern.

"That would indeed be nice," he said.

Gina lived close by and she was there in about 15 minutes. They talked for a while on the couch and ended up kissing. Joe said to her "The Universe was bothering me, but you made it all better." they started kissing again.

"What an end to a rather preposterous day!" Joe said to her. So does this stop at kissing or ..."

Gina was some sort of angel he felt. When she started to run her hands over his shoulders and easing his tense nerves by giving him a shoulder massage, that helped too.

Gina started to unbutton his shirt and kiss along the trail of buttons. The way things were going, it did not seem they were getting off the couch too soon. Gina then kissed his shoulders and covered his chest with kisses. Joe was busy enjoying the extra love and attention.

"The Universe was bothering me, but Gina is an angel," he thought to himself. Gina continued to work the magic. Gina was obviously like no other woman he had ever met before. And the color of her kiss-proof lipstick was exciting too.

Gina and Joe woke up at the sound of Joe's alarm. Joe was pleased. It's going to be a good day, he thought to himself. They kissed again, and it was one of those raw, melting, hungry kisses.

March 07, 2023 08:15

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.