89 comments

Romance Teens & Young Adult

Author's Note: I'm aware that this doesn't go with the prompt. I started it last week and didn't finish it. XD But, here it is!


Once upon a time...


Nitokana jiggled her leg subconsciously. Her eyebrows furrowed in deep concentration. The look on her face was familiar to me. It was the same expression she wore when working out a difficult work deal. I slipped onto the booth seat in front of her. She glanced up at me for a moment before staring down at her hands.

We sat there in silence for several minutes. I viewed the restaurant, softly whistling. More than once, I risked a look at Nitokana, but she didn’t look at me once as far as I knew.

The two of us broke the silence when the server came up to our table.

“Hi, I’m Leotele and I’ll be your server today. What can I get ya’ to drink?” Leotele asked, her joyful tone making me smile a bit.

“I’ll have water, please,” Nitokana replied.

“Alright. And for you?” Leotele scribbled something down on her notepad, then looked expectantly at me.

“A Bud Light, please and thanks,” I said. The waiter nodded and wrote my order down.

“Here are your menus, and I’ll be right back with your drinks.” Leotele smiled at us, set two menus on the table, then walked away. If this were a normal dinner meeting, I would start chatting with my companion. But, this was not a normal dinner meeting. Therefore, I kept my mouth shut and opened up my menu. There were all the normal bar foods; wings, fried pickles, nachos, mozzarella sticks, etc.

The rest of the dinner went by in a blur; all I know is Nitokana and I didn’t speak once. The awkward silence was endless.


❤❤❤


“Thanks for inviting me over, Kana,” I said. Nitokana and I were sitting at her kitchen island, poking at salads and sipping ice-cold lemonade.

“It’s no problem.” Nitokana speared a big piece of lettuce and stuffed it into her mouth. She tapped her fork on the edge of her bowl--an odd habit she’d always had.

“How’s your mom doing? Didn’t she get a knee replacement?” I was attempting to make small talk, but it had been so long since I spoke to her that it was difficult. 

“Yeah. She’s good. How about your brother, uh, Menawan?” Nitokana questioned. I shrugged.

“He got married about a year ago. His wife is nice but real quiet. Kid number one is on the way,” I replied, then stuffed my mouth full yet again.

“Tell them I said congrats.” Nitokana looked down at the floor. Another habit she had--this one meant she was uncomfortable.

“Well, thanks again for letting me come. I’ll see you later.” I got up from my seat and left.


❤❤❤


I watched Nitokana develop that fire in her eyes. It came every time she was in a fight (verbal or physical).` All I had said was that Nitokana never cleaned the house when we were together, and she had replied with a ramble about all of the things that I thought were wrong with her. The thing is, I didn’t think anything was.

“Kana, just hear me out. I don’t mean it like that. I’m trying to be funny. Is that such a crime?” I asked. Involuntarily, my fists clenched and unclenched. I didn’t want to hurt her, no way, but the way her words hit my ears made me angry.

“I guess not, but it’s still hurtful! It’s just like before. You offend me and try to apologize, and it doesn’t work because you’re bad at saying sorry. Then, you just go on and on about how I can’t take a joke and that I’m an uptight brat. Right?” Nitokana accused. She pushed her plate of pasta away from her, then stood up, and stared at me.

“That’s not true, Kana. Maybe the part about me that I offended you on accident, but if I did, I never did it on purpose!” I snapped back. At this point, I wasn’t just angry. I was hurt by her words. They hit me hard.

“That is not true! You did it to make me mad and sad and, and just straight up degraded! And it made me the maddest because I always freaking loved you!” Nitokana cried, quietly adding, “And for whatever stupid reason, I still do.” Her features softened, and she collapsed back onto her chair. She put her head in her hands and shook it a bit.

“Really?” I asked, tentative. Muffled sobs took over her voice, and she just managed a nod. It seemed then that I was rooted in place. I attempted to get up, but I was stuck to the chair. I moved my mouth to talk, but not a single noise came out. After minutes like this, Nitokana’s sobs subsided and she looked up at me.

“Of course, idiot. We’d still be together if you would’ve trusted me. I’ve still haven’t been on a single date because I knew that no one would be better than you. I’ve rejected good guys because I knew that I wouldn’t stop loving you. I’ve been hoping that you felt the same way.” Her last sentence was a whisper. Then, she added, “Who am I kidding? I’m sure you lost all feelings for me a long, long time ago. I’ll just leave.”

I watched Nitokana get up, grabbing her purse, and that’s when I was able to move again. I leaped from my chair and stood between Nitokana and the door.

“Let me through, Lys,” Nitokana snarled.

“No. I won’t… I won’t because I’ve never lost my feelings for you. I tried to go on dates, but they weren’t like you. I gave up. I knew that you were perfect for me and that I’d made a huge mistake. I want to be with you, Kana. You just have to forgive me… Will you?” I asked. Nitokana didn’t respond. She just took a step towards me, and before I knew what was happening, she’d leaned in and kissed me. My eyes closed. I pulled her close to me.


❤❤❤


I stood next to a white crib with yellow polka-dotted blankets piled on it. A one-month-old baby girl rested in my arms, her chocolate brown eyes staring up at me. Her little arms and legs wiggled. I smiled.

A hand was placed on my shoulder, and I turned slightly to see my wife standing close to me, gazing lovingly at the child in my arms. As I looked at her, she began singing.

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you’re fast asleep. In dreams, you will lose your heartache. Whatever you wish for you keep. Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through.” Nitokana continued to croon the rest of the song as I gently lowered our now-sleeping daughter into her crib. I stepped back as Nitokana tucked her in.

“Goodnight, Anghel,” I whispered.

“Sleep tight,” Nitokana added.


And they lived happily ever after.

THE END.

February 22, 2021 18:25

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

89 comments

16:23 Mar 20, 2021

🐎

Reply

Mazie Gray
14:21 Mar 22, 2021

Thanks, Aerinnnnn!

Reply

14:58 Mar 22, 2021

XD

Reply

Mazie Gray
20:32 Mar 22, 2021

Do you know that this is someone's alter account?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
21:20 Mar 31, 2021

When are these colonies gonna rise up?

Reply

Mazie Gray
21:22 Mar 31, 2021

When are these colonies gonna rise up? Rise up? I imagine death so much it feels like a memory When's it gonna get me? On my feet, seven feet ahead of me? lolol I'm literally laughing out loud I'm honestly surprised this is your alter. idk why lol

Reply

21:27 Mar 31, 2021

If I see it comin’, do I run or do I let it be? Is it like a beat without a melody? I had to make one for my character *shrug* it became my alter lolol

Reply

Mazie Gray
21:29 Mar 31, 2021

You see, I never thought I'd live past twenty Where I come from, some get half as many XDDD I purposely made the one alter that I'm not going to use anymore, but this one was actually on accident (I used the wrong email to sign in lol) and now I use it.

Reply

21:32 Mar 31, 2021

Ask anybody why we livin’ fast and we laugh, reach for a flask, we have to make this moment last, that’s plenty. Lol! I want to make another thats just for the purpose of an alter account, so loki can have his own. but who knows if it will happen lol XD

Reply

21:38 Mar 31, 2021

I suppose after I finish ATL it'll become my full time alter

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mazie Gray
01:08 Apr 01, 2021

Scratch that this is not a moment it's a movement Where the hungriest brothers with something to prove went XDDDDDDDDDDDD Wdym "after you finish ATL"? What's ATL? Sryyyyyyy

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
14:00 Mar 20, 2021

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR...

Reply

Mazie Gray
14:21 Mar 22, 2021

Aw, thanks!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
B. W.
18:09 Apr 05, 2021

Heya

Reply

Mazie Gray
19:24 Apr 05, 2021

Hi! :D How are you?

Reply

B. W.
20:36 Apr 05, 2021

I guess I've been good, Ive been trying to write something for a while though. What about you?

Reply

Mazie Gray
20:47 Apr 05, 2021

That’s good. I’ve also been pretty good. Do you know whose alter I am? LOL

Reply

B. W.
23:22 Apr 05, 2021

Are ya Brooke D's alter account? Or am I wrong?

Reply

Mazie Gray
01:46 Apr 06, 2021

You’re right Shhhhhh

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maraika!!! 😎
19:18 Mar 27, 2021

YUUUUSSSSS HAMILTON!!!!! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!!

Reply

Mazie Gray
02:42 Mar 29, 2021

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ME TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT IS AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!! Do you have a fav. song?

Reply

Maraika!!! 😎
21:45 Mar 29, 2021

ummmmm..... ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!! I LOVE THEM ALL TO MUCH TO HAVE ONLY ONE FAVORITE

Reply

Mazie Gray
13:07 Mar 30, 2021

OMG SAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE except lately I've really liked Satisfied and The Schuyler Sisters

Reply

Maraika!!! 😎
16:27 Mar 30, 2021

Oh ya Satisfied is for sure my fave

Reply

Maraika!!! 😎
17:47 Mar 30, 2021

I love Angelica sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
18:45 Mar 20, 2021

🐎 amazing story!!!

Reply

Mazie Gray
14:20 Mar 22, 2021

Thanks and thanks!

Reply

14:29 Mar 22, 2021

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kate Reynolds
01:20 Mar 15, 2021

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR...

Reply

Mazie Gray
19:44 Mar 15, 2021

Aw, thank you so much, Kate! Right back at ya'. :)

Reply

Kate Reynolds
22:31 Mar 15, 2021

Ofccccc :DDDDD

Reply

Mazie Gray
21:11 Mar 17, 2021

:DDDDDDDD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
03:44 Mar 13, 2021

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❤️🧡💛💚💙💜YOU ARE AN AWESOME AUTHOR...

Reply

Mazie Gray
20:01 Mar 14, 2021

SHANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!! I will make sure to send this to peeps. ^^

Reply

19:38 Mar 15, 2021

You're welcome! Great! :)

Reply

Mazie Gray
19:42 Mar 15, 2021

:D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sapphire 🌼
16:41 Mar 11, 2021

🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 🐎 ehehe

Reply

Mazie Gray
22:00 Mar 11, 2021

XD Thanks, Saph!

Reply

Sapphire 🌼
22:07 Mar 11, 2021

hehe no problem!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kate Reynolds
23:34 Feb 22, 2021

Awwwwwwwwww this is so sweetttttttt Omggg I loved how it had a happy ending, many love stories these days (including mine) don't lmao I cannot stop obsessing over how dang cute this is!!! Wonderful job! :) Also, 🐎

Reply

Mazie Gray
12:28 Feb 24, 2021

Aw, thank you so much, Kate! XDDDDD Thanks again!

Reply

Kate Reynolds
12:57 Feb 24, 2021

Ofc!! Lololll Nppp!!! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Danny -
01:01 Feb 23, 2021

Ohhh a new storyyy :)) Awww this is sooooo...well..happy! I've been reading so much of plot twists and everything lately...I love it so much, I miss reading stories with happy endings XD It's written so well and the songgggg, it was a great touch! I can't exaggerate how much I am loving this story..... Great job, Brooke :))

Reply

Mazie Gray
12:27 Feb 24, 2021

Yup! Aw, thank you so much, Danny! It means a lot to me from you!

Reply

Danny -
12:28 Feb 24, 2021

Of course! No problem, I really enjoyed reading it :))

Reply

Mazie Gray
12:29 Feb 24, 2021

:DDD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.