A Buddy In Europe

Submitted into Contest #41 in response to: Write about an animal who goes on a journey.... view prompt

2 comments

Kids

Currently, I am on a flight to the Deep South of the United States of America. It is a flight coming out of London. I'm just glad that my wild ride through Europe is finally over. When I was looking out the window of the plane. I just stared into the night sky. About an hour later...

We landed in Atlanta, Georgia. My owner Francisco told me that it was going to be a while until our flight. So, in the time between flights as Francisco was getting his energy out. I was talking to a group of tsum tsums that were around me. They were exchanging stories. The people in the group were quite funny. Whitehill asked me what I thought of Kyle Ron's story. He's more of a chunky fellow and looked like Kylo Ren. It had been an hour and Kyle had boarded. When I started telling them my story of our vacation...

It all started in the kingdom of the Netherlands. After a very long flight, we went to the hotel we were staying in. The very next day, Francisco went to the Rijksmuseum. I stowed away in his backpack. Stowing away in his backpack was very uncomfortable. All I had to do was lift up a flap a little bit, I could see out of the backpack. 

There were some good paintings in that museum. My favorite of which is a painting it's called The Threatened Swan. It was lunchtime by the time he left the museum. I was surprised that there was a Burger King outside of the US. After that, he went sightseeing. Two days later, We were exploring The Hague together. We spent the day looking at museums and having snacks. Tomorrow we're heading to Brussels.

The next day in Mini Europe, I pretended that I was a British King Kong. While I was doing that, I got some funny looks from that. Francisco was a big laughing giant. I don't like to talk about the parlamentarium, he left me there. He's never forgotten me ever. He is a very forgetful person, to make sure he hasn't forgotten anything he double-checks everything. It looks like I have the worst luck, the one time he doesn't double-check himself I take a tumble out of his pack. 

I knew that he was going to see a military museum today.While I was searching the museum for him, a horrendously smelling sock was thrown over my head. The smell alone was enough to knock me out. When I woke up, I had a feeling that I wasn't in the museum anymore. when I tried to ask someone what was going on.

"Welcome Everyone to THE WAFFLE IRON, I am your ringleader," said the ringleader.

"Our first fight of the night is Kevlar Rebel Vs. Body Bag Harpoon," said the ringleader.


When someone came to talk to me, he kind of insulted me and told me it's time to fight. I tried to ask him what was going on. He told me that since I'm probably going to get my ass kicked anyway. The waffle iron is a Fight Club here in Brussels. The only way out for you whiteface is to win your fight or survive 5 rounds.

"Body Bag Harpoon wins in round 4 over kevlar rebel," said the announcer.

"Our next fight is American Buddy Vs. Torpedo Upsurge" said the ringleader.

Round 1 was me feeling intimidated.

Round 2 was me getting the snot beat out of me.

In round 3, I was bobbing and weaving and Landing a few punches.

In round 4, I even knocked out the guy by farting in his face.

The ringleader showed me out and told me that he saw and heard a young man talking to himself while leaving the museum. I immediately asked him if he was wearing a green and white hat that said, Francisco. The ringleader told me, yes indeed, he was wearing that kind of hat. It must have been one of a kind. You have been so much help weirdly, I told him. Can I ask you one more question? I asked. Well, you knocked him cold out so yeah, he told me. You said you saw a young man talking to himself, what did he say? Oh, that's easy he said he needed to go meet up with his sister to catch a train to Dunkirk. 

When I left the waffle iron, I found out the front of it was lost and found.


Almost three hours later on a train to Dunkirk, {well there's only one way to find out if he was telling the truth} buddy thought. Then the conductor made an announcement. Attention passengers, notre prochain arrêt est la gare de Dunkerque. After he said that he said it again in English.

Soon as I got off the train I ran like the wind. Since I've already established that my owner Francisco loves history. Dunkirk is the site of a major battle in World War II. The best place I would find them is if there's a museum talking about World War II. I ran towards an information desk for a map of Dunkirk. I saw that there was a museum dedicated to the Battle of Dunkirk on the map. 

As soon as I got to the museum, I immediately saw a Mickey wearing a Lederhosen then cracked over the head with a baguette.The mickey went down like a sack of bricks.She looked kinda like me. The mickey went down like a sack of bricks. I was a little bit scared when I saw a French Bulldog come up to me with a broken baguette.

"We are doing a bloody reenactment of 1940's Battle of Dunkirk," said the bulldog. 

"Is that guy okay the one you cracked a baguette over?" I asked.

"He will be in a few hours," said the bulldog.

"So, he got knocked the fugg out," I said. 

Someone told me, aye grab a gun and start shooting the Jerries. I knew exactly what he was talking about because my owner is a massive history buff. But, before I would help them in their reenactment. I asked him, did a young man with a green and white hat saying, Francisco come through here? He replied with yes that exact person did come through today and he looked stupid, why? I told him hey, that's my owner you're talking about. 

Someone started playing AC/DC Thunderstruck as I was gearing up. It looks like you gear up outside the museum. Inside the museum is where the real fight was. There were darts flying everywhere. I believe the Jerries are the people who look like their living beer mugs.

After The Waffle Iron, I felt more badass than ever. I was like a fox gone feral. I would sneak into their lines. I just started blasting like Frank Reynolds. They just kept coming and coming. Then I took the caps off a bunch of pens and used them like throwing knives.

It was at that moment when I heard a bell ringing and someone yelling in French, Des soldats britanniques et français sont dans les bateaux et se dirigent vers le Royaume-Uni, arrêtez vos coups sanglants!

the only thing I can think of is, {what the f*** is this guy saying}. I asked someone if they can translate what was just said. They told me that British and French troops were on their way across the channel, and to stop shooting. Right after he tells me that I ran to find the baguette breaking bulldog. Later on, I found him. He told me, thank you for helping us.

"Does your owner talk to himself a lot?" he asked.

"no, he doesn't, he just thinks out loud a lot and doesn't even notice," I told him.

"Did he say where he was going next?" I asked.

"Yes and No, your owner said that he is going to the fake D-day landing" the Bulldogs answered.

{The Allies tricked the Germans into thinking that the D-Day Landings were going to happen in Calais when they actually happened in Normandy.} I thought.

"I think he's going to Calais," I said.

"You were doing the same thing your owner does," the Bulldog said.


I hitched a ride on a bus headed to Calais. I need to catch him here before he goes across the channel tunnel. I don't want to be stuck in Europe. 

Inside the bus, there was a map of Calais and all the sites to see. I have a feeling that he's going to go to two of these sites. This is where I make my gamble. I'll pick one and do whatever mission they need me to do.

I tried the UNESCO site that was around here. When I asked a french toast plushie inside. If they seen a person wearing a green and white hat saying Francisco. I was so happy to hear them say this, Oh yeah he's just over there. I ran like the wind. Immediately this fox got back into his bag.

Later on in London, when he opened his bag he found me inside. I I told him that I had fought tooth-and-nail across this whatever this is to get back to you. He was so happy to see me, even though I looked like him after a couple weeks of not showering.

After I’d have taken a shower, We went to Buckingham Palace and messed with the redcoats there. Then, We went over and under Tower Bridge. By the end of the day, the trip was almost over and I was just glad to see it go. We needed to drive outside of London to the airport.

The next day at Heathrow Airport, while we were waiting for our flight to go back home. Out of the blue, another malodorous sock was thrown over my head. But, I’ve learned my lesson from Brussels. I threw my head backward to hit who was behind me. I know that I must’ve left a mark on whoever was behind me. The next thing I know I was out.

When I woke up the only thing I could say is, “OH YOU'VE GOT TO F****** KIDDING ME”.

"Welcome to Her Majesty's Fight Club," said The Murder keeper.

I didn't listen to him that much, except for the part where he says his name and where I was. The first thing I did was start beating the crap out of literally everyone cuz I was that mad. I fought the way to where they kept their Champions crown. I grabbed it and started running for the terminal that I and my owner were in.

I got to my owner by the skin of my teeth. That's the end of my story guys, what you think of it. Whitehill says that’s absolutely amazing. “Now Boarding: Flight 3975 Delta”.

May 15, 2020 05:28

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

05:59 May 17, 2020

to anyone who is reading my first story here on reedsy, I am sorry I have very bad grammar.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mason Lee
18:28 Sep 11, 2020

This story is also available to the following link https://microtechstudeos.wixsite.com/djlee/a-buddy-in-europe

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.