1 comment

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Drama

4

Meeting for the first time in college; unusual resemblance as they stared at each other. The image was like looking through a mirror with a bright reflection.Cumi and Cami couldn't understand the puzzle behind their resemblance, everything in them didn't look any difference from the beauty of their smiles.

"Hello,am Cumi _

"Am Cami They couldn't stop on staring at each other,shaking hands with happy face drawn all over them.The blood mixture had interacted with each other;walking down the school corridors holding each others' hands..

The fresh breeze that kept on blowing across the field; under a fig tree Cumi and Cami were having their packed lunch.

Cumi and Cami walked down the street of Ronevell;noticing a bright yellow beautiful house with words_"The fortune teller. "

"C'mon Cami _let's go inside , so that we can know our future."

They were excited as they pushed the door open;letting themselves in.There was no a single sound,the place looked like haunted;dark and scary_

"Hello is anyone there?

They walked in fear;holding each others' hand, not to let go. Cami got much more scared;her pants being filled with sweat holding Cumi so tight with her hands.

"Cumi! t_his was not a good idea to come here_ Cumi turned and looked at Cami,"relax you don't need to be scared.

Suddenly, a lady with a blondy white carrying a magic ball walked into the room. Cami turned around wanting to run away;Cumi got hold of her arms.

"I see a bright light in your eyes, "the fortune teller said.

The light from the magic ball,became brighter and brighter;the fortune teller looked at the girls' palms as she walked round them in circles. The bells round her ankle kept on making noise_

"Are you twin sisters? The fortune teller asked

"No_no_ we are best friends from school, "Cumi and Cami answered in a rushable manner.They looked at each not believing what the fortune teller was spitting out.All this looked totally strange to them.

The fortune teller reached out for her reading glasses from the table; putting them on and moving close to Cumi. She stared at Cumi,stared at Cami_

"mmmm _you're sisters, go and ask your parents.

"It can't be you're not a true fortune teller.c'mon Cami let's get out of here." helding hands as they walked out of the room. The thought of them being siblings never left their mind. Walking in silence across the streets.

Cumi and Cami had to solve the puzzle as they planned dinner for cumi's parents and Cami's parents. Sat on table 16; Cumi together with her parents waited so patiently for the arrival of Cami and her parents.

"Cumi!

"yes, momma _

"it's nearly 9pm, when us your friend coming?

The restaurant door opened; Cami all worn in an elegant dress with a red hat on walked in together with her parents .Cumi got off from her seat;meeting Cami _

"mommy; daddy _meet my friend Cami

"hey,am Mrs Ludwig and this is my husband Mr Ludwig,Cumi's parents _nice to meet you.

Cami's parents shook hands with the Ludwig_"am Mrs Fairdee and my husband Mr Fairdee.

Cami removed the hat;greeting Cumi's parents. Cumi's mother couldn't stop pointing at Cumi and Cumi. A_a_a_a_what's going on?Cumi's mother couldn't hold up her breathe;falling onto the floor.

mommy!mommy! Cumi shook her mother to wake up, sprinkling some water onto her face.Cumi's mother let loose her eyes as she opened them.Tears flowing continuously from her eyes.

"My twin daughters_feeling the smooth of their cheeks.

"Mommy, why are you crying?and why are you calling us your twin daughters? ,Cumi asked.

"come,sit on my laps _

mmmm it's a long story that was back in May 20,1990 where your father and I were blessed with twins_it was the happiest moments of our lives; holding two beautiful ladies in our arms. I really loved you girls;suddenly happiness turned into tears as one of the nurse stormed into my room that one of the twins had been switched.

Cami's mother went down on her knees;tears that couldn't be controlled over her eyes_"please forgive me, I was attracted with the smiles of your babies that I took my baby girl to switch with your baby, am sorry!

Cami grew in anger as she stared her mother_

"Cami!my child am sorry,"Cami's mother said as Cami ran out of the restaurant crying so bitterly.

"Cami! Cami! ,Cumi ran after Cami to console her.

15 minutes had gone by;the girls were not yet back; they made their way into the restaurant as Cumi and Cami ran towards their biological parents hugging them so tightly.

Mrs Fairdee moved close to Cami_"I hope you will find a place in your heart to forgive me.Cami moved close to Mrs Fairdee;putting that warm smile towards Mrs Fairdee_"you will still remain to my mother.Cami hugged Mrs Fairdee ;now it was time for celebrations raising up the glass of drinks.

cheers!

laughter filled the air as they interacted among each other; cracking jokes.A lady came into the restaurant; standing next to Mrs Ludwig, "what's going on here?momma.

Mrs Ludwig rose up from her seat;holding her hand,"Imelda darling c'mon have a seat here. Imelda didn't understand what was going on; sitting on a seat.Imelda looked directly into her mothers' eyes Mrs Ludwig_"mommy!

Mrs Ludwig couldn't speak,staring across the room;building her courage and spitting out words from her heart.

"Imelda _mmmmmm this is your mother_Mrs Ludwig pointed towards Mrs Fairdee. Imelda couldn't utter many words heading towards Mrs Fairdee.

"you're ma momma _holding Mrs Fairdees' hands _you're ma momma.Imelda continued repeating the same words over and over.

"I met a fortune teller who told me about my real momma meeting me today; here I am right infront of my dearest momma _Imelda hugged her mother. Happiness had been restored;celebration moving on to a bluemoon. Mrs Ludwig couldn't stop letting out her loudest laughter;pampering her twins. The barely recognized how fast time flew; it was already 11 :30 pm.it was time to say goodbye as each one departed to their homes.

Cumi and Cami were already inside the car;Cami couldn't stop shedding tears as the car drove off. Cami looked through the wjndow;waving goodbye to her long time parents.

October 05, 2020 18:00

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Therese Hudson
10:51 Oct 12, 2020

Nice, captivating Wow..I love it

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.