3 comments

Crime Fiction Horror

Peeking through the window my surprise turned to horror; drops of blood sprinkled all over Mr Rodwells' window.The screaming all went to a silence; the environment was quite as he switched off the lights.

An hour had gone by;Mr Rodwell opened his front door carrying a body wrapped in a back bag as he headed towards the dark woods with a shovel on his left hand.

Mr Rodwell continued digging and digging and when he saw the pit was deep enough; he threw the body inside the pit and covered it.

I trailed slowly behind him; hiding behind a tall oak tree. I felt something crawling all over me; the ants were all over the oak tree and had placed an attack on me.I stamped my foot on the ground, trying to get rid of the ants from my legs.

"Whose there?Mr Rodwell asked as he moved closer to where I was hiding, holding his shovel high in the air.Fear gripped my heart; running through the woods as Mr Rodwell was right behind chasing me. I entered inside my house;locking myself in.

It was a bright morning, the sun was shinning to welcome the day;watering my garden,Mr Rodwell passed by-

"Good morning! Mr Rodwell

"Good morning Jasmine

No one had an an idea where Mrs Rodwell could have disappeared to;days,months and no trace of her.I walked towards Mr Rodwells' house with cookies on a tray-

knock!knock!

Mr Rodwell opened the door; I smiled at him -

"I-i baked this cookies and thought of bringing them to Mrs Rodwell.is she around ?

Mr Rodwell threw the cookies directly to my face; banging the door right before my eyes.My face ,clothes had been decorated with pieces of cookies.

Mr Rodwell drove off; I had to find out what really happened last night.I went round his house;a window was wide open as I climbed through it.I walked round the living room hoping to find an evidence.The car screeched as I peeped through the window; Mr Rodwell was already back, I went out through the window not to be found.

In my sport wear;taking on my heels to run early in the morning. I took a rest in the park when I noticed the presence of Mr Rodwell -

" Good morning! Mr Rodwell

I reached out to greet him; he stared at me and all he did was to nod his head-

"Mmmm! How is Mrs Rodwell?

"She's fine,"said Mr Rodwell

Mr Rodwell stood up and walked away ;I wasn't convinced about the lies that Mr Rodwell was always saying.The picture of blood sprinkling all over his window was still fresh in my mind;flashing back like a flash light.

- 7th Street Avenue Police Station -

"Hello!sir -my name is Jasmine Lewis, have come to report a

murder.

The policeman pulled his reading glasses below his eyes;staring at me. I saw a murder but will they really believe me, without a single evidence.

"Where did the murder occur? "the policeman asked.

7th street Avenue -

There was patrol of police every corner; the siren were heard as they knocked at Mr Rodwells' house-

"Am inspector Andrea from 7th street Avenue police station

"Yes, inspector -who again? Andrea, what can I do for you?

Mr Rodwell asked

"We got a report that there was a murder here;we have

search warrant to search your house, "said inspector

Andrea.

Go ahead-Mr Rodwell let them inside his house;few minutes they came out shaking Mr Rodwell's hand as they left the neighbourhood. My journey towards the police station was futile and each moment they didn't believe the story about murder.

"The police can't believe me; I have to investigate on my own way-

Darkness had overshadowed; with my flashlight heading towards Mr Rodwells' house. The dog started barking which alerted Mr Rodwell.Mr Rodwell stood on his door step holding a gun In his hand.

"Come out whoever you are-

My heart beat so fast due to fear as I hid behind the walls;I couldn't stay there taking off on my heels dropping my flashlight. Mr Rodwell continued firing the gun at me.Mr Rodwell came across my flashlight; taking it to his possession.

"Mmmmmmm! Sniffing the flashlight like a dog -

I relaxed in my living room taking a cup of coffee;footsteps could be heard as dogs kept on barking.I embraced myself so tightly out of fear;as I held an empty flower vessel walking slowly towards the kitchen.

"Is anyone there?

I switched on the lights in the kitchen;the window was wide open and the strong wind that kept on making it to bang. I reached towards to close the window; as I turned this tall masked guy was right there-

"Aaaaaaaaaaaa!

I tried to hit him with the flower vessel;holding my hands. Struggling to loose myself from him;stepping so hard on his feet. The pain on his feet as he screamed :following me to living room. He got hold of my legs as he dragged me towards me; beating me over and over.My strength was over as I passed out;waking up in a small dark room. I tried to move, my legs and hands were all tied up; my mouth silenced with a piece of a rag.

Squeaking sound under my legs; the mice were all over the room sniffing towards me.mmmmm-I was scared to death of the mice as I tried to scare them away.

The door slammed open and the same masked man walked in;my eyes were all watery with tears as he removed the mask from his head,removing piece of rag from my mouth -

Mr Rodwell! !!!!!!

"What have I done to deserve all this treatment?

Mr Rodwell held my throat to an extent chocking; placing a sharp shiny knife close to my throat.

Please! Don't kill me-

Mr Rodwell had a red eye;staring at me as he carried me and threw me inside an old refrigerator, closing me in.I was stack inside with no air.

"Let me out!let me out!

All alone in sorrow with tears that flowed like a river.

Mrs Rosemary walked her dog into the woods late in the evening; the dog couldn't stop barking and sniffing-

"What's wrong boy? Mrs Rosemary asked

Mrs Rosemary moved closer and closer; realizing a human hand growing from the ground. The fear was too much; falling onto the ground as she screamed -

Aaaaaaaaaaa!

Panic gripped Mrs Rosemary's heart as she shook her hand making a phone call to the police.The crime scene was all painted with yellow ribbons; the body was dug out and taken to the morgue.

There was a knock at Mr Rodwells' house; the policemen stood on the doorstep -

"You again- Mr Rodwell reacted towards the policemen.

"We found your wife dead and we suspect she was murdered?

Said inspector Andrea

Mr Rodwell sat down; weeping so bitterly as he held his head between his legs.

Boom! Boom!

The banging sound that came from inside Mr Rodwells' house-

Wait!where is that banging coming from? Inspector Andrea asked

"Aaah ! That's my cousin actually we were repairing a broken roof before you came.

Help!

A fading voice was heard from a distance;the policemen pushed Mr Rodwell inside the house and opened the refrigerator as I was removed from that stuffy place.Blanket wrapped around my shoulders; my feet shivering -

"Mr Rodwell, you're under arrest for the murder of your wife Mrs Rodwell and kidnapping of Jasmine Lewis; you have a right to remain silence and anything you say will be judged in the court of law, "inspector Andrea said.

Both the hands of Mr Rodwell were hand cuffed and led to the waiting police car. I was taken to the hospital for treatment.

"Sorry Jasmine Lewis for we didn't believe you ,"said inspector Andrea.

Mr Rodwell was sentenced to death by hanging.

November 13, 2020 06:59

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

Therese Hudson
13:32 Nov 19, 2020

Nice story

Reply

Show 0 replies
Joan Opoyi
09:08 Nov 19, 2020

Great story

Reply

Show 0 replies
Joan Opoyi
09:07 Nov 19, 2020

Great story

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.