0 comments

Fiction Adventure

"Find him!" Said an imposing large fat alien

"Sir a few reported seeing him head for the docks",said a small large eyed dark skinned alien.

"Darn reports from here now there? Make sure we are getting the proper reports", the fat alien said, " you guys on me the rest of you search the perimeter, I don't want him out of this market anytime soon!"

"Yes sir!" All his men complied.

A few minutes have passed and the coast was cleared.

"You can come out now lad", an old woman with a hunch said to a man underneath her dashboard.

A huge grasp came out of the man as he crawled out like a toddler from his cradle.

"Oh hush now" the lady seemed insulted.

"What do you keep in there?" The man said as he catches his breath far from that dashboard.

"That is not a good way to keep a low profile lad, you got to keep it down"

After breathing to catch his breath for a couple more minutes he found the strengths to finally stand from where he was.

"Well off with me then, thanks for the help"

"No worries, but why not have a seat first and tell me exactly what is your business with the galactic police?"

"Sorry lady that is not how it goes" he said, " paid you just enough to hide me"

"And to that I am thankful yet I did you additional services too".

The man looked her in the eye and it seems to him that he is not getting out of this planet anytime soon.

"So lad, care to sit down?"

How could he resist?

"What is your business with the galactic police?"

"I got a ship that doesn't belong to me" he said doing his best to suppress important info.

"Just a ship?" She looked unimpressed.

"There is something more", she thought, "I am getting to old for all of these games can't the youngsters ever learn?"

The room went silent for a few seconds. Meanwhile the man is looking into his memory if he spotted any way he could get out of this market place at least.

"Must have been a valuable ship to make you be hunted by the top bounty hunters of this galactic sector"

The old woman stood up hand at her back, "So, why drop off on Jargon?"

She headed for her shelf filled with a few beverages, got herself a mug and another. While she was mixing up some herbs; "I heard that a hired pirate ship of the new empire was stolen and missing for a few Jargon years now, last known location was at the edge of the galaxy hunting down a UFO heading outside the galaxy"

"Still a sharp old lady" the man said giving a small smirk.

She laughed, "old looking but have mind of a young woman... you seem like a smart man and quite talented for being hunted down by these men and I assume that this will not be the first time you will be ending up here"

The man was the logic in that and Started to put his guard down and open up a little more, only that is what he wanted to be seen as.

"That's right" he gave a concerned look.

"My other co-workers are heading them of the wrong directions as you may have already noticed", she placed down the cup of herbs for the man and proceeded to drink hers. "This is one of the finest herbs in the realm, the secret to my great memory, so what is it going to be?"

The conversation is going on long enough for the man to understand what is going on and the possibilities that could happen both beneficial and risky.

" what is your offer?" He said being cool as possible.

The old lady took another sip, she felt delight with this last one.

"And I thought you were smart", she took another sip, " this market place is my business, I own most of the things here"

"What do you want from me?"

She put down her cup on the saucer.

"Why not taste that cup that I made you? Best of drunk hot"

The man looked at th e cup and proceed to take a sip while looking at the old woman for signs, all he saw was a huge smile that revealed more wrinkles.

"Good wasn't it?"

"What do you want from me?"

The old woman looked at him as if to tell him, " you know the answer to that".

He let out a few credits that he had, " more of them on the ship"

"How much more?"

"Best you find out yourself, don't have much time, this ship could be found anytime soon and my crew is not the best in waiting for their captain".

The old woman looked concern on what she has to do, "where exactly are you guys located"?

"Three planets from here, we will be headed for Nabu afterwards".

"What will you do there"?

"I thought you where smart" the man's smirk get even larger.

The old woman laughed hysterically, "alright we could be heard" the man raised his arm to calm herdashboard down.

"Sorry lad, I never imagined that I would bet a Good laugh today".

"First time for everything"

"I cannot personally leave my market butI can send you a couple escorts to lead you safely to your destination".

"That would be great"

"By the way lad, I never got your name"

"I can say the same about you"

"Ah yes, my name is Minerva"

"Classy Roman name, is that actually your name or is it a allows name?"

"Oh hush lad, my motherin gave it to me because she believe the goddess went through her in her sleep, so in honor of her this was the name given to me".

"Quite a history you got, looks like you where well loved".

"Indeed I was" her expression went dim.

"Is there more to this story"?

She look at him, "you still have a name to tell".

"Oh sorry, I get carried away from good stories" he said, "I am Haresh".

"That is an odd name"

"May parents both where psychos"

"Both must be harsh parents

Heresh chuckled and have an even larger smirk that revealed some teeth

Within 30 minutes the escorts came, they both said their farewells andI who knows if this will be their last meetings

The End

November 14, 2020 03:29

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.