0 comments

Fiction

What happen to Grace Anderson? Point lookout, Halloween five years ago Grace Anderson disappeared into thin air.

Grace Anderson disappeared at a Halloween party hosted by her best friend Leah. No one saw her leave the party. No one even remembered Grace being at the party until the next day when her parents filed a missing person's report.

The sheriff didn't do anything to help Grace's parents find her, he told them she will come back, she's just a teenager, but Grace never came home after a week of waiting.

The search for Grace began one week after Halloween, the whole town went in search of Grace, no trace of her was ever found.

No witnesses came forward saying they saw Grace on Halloween night or the week following.

Two weeks later the sheriff stopped the search for Grace Anderson, her parents weren't happy, the town was relieved. Grace's Parents left Point lookout shortly after. They never returned.

Five years later Point lookout is once again celebrating Halloween, Grace Anderson is all but forgotten.

There is one person who has never forgotten about Grace Anderson and that is her best friend, Leah. She has searched for Grace for the last five years. Her searches always end up the same.

No clues, no evidence, no wanting to help Leah find Grace, but Leah has never given up hope that she will find Grace one way or another, dead or alive.

Leah use to love Halloween, it was her favorite holiday, but ever since they fateful Halloween five years ago Leah lost her love for the holiday.

Halloween, for Leah is just a remembrance of Grace and what happened that terrible night.

The residents of Point lookout remember nothing about Grace Anderson nor do they want to relive Halloween five years ago. They want to go on with their lives and celebrate Halloween like any normal town would.

Leah could careless about the people in her hometown and what they think about Grace. She would do anything to have Grace back and to have Point lookout remember, they just refuse to do so.

Leah is on her own in discovering the truth, now that Halloween has arrived again Leah is going back five years and retracing Grace's footsteps that led to her disappearance.

Leah is going back to her childhood home to look at old photos she took of that night hoping Grace is in one of them or all of them.

Leah knocks on the door, her mother answers.

"Hello mother."

"Leah, what a surprise?"

"It's good to see you."

"Com on in."

Leah walks in, her mother begins to talk about the plans for Halloween, but Leah wants to hear none of it. She walks to her room with her mother following.

"Leah, are you hearing me?"

"Yea, I hear you."

Leah enters her room and begins to look for her photo album.

"Leah, what are you looking for?"

"My photo album."

"It's in the closet."

Leah walks to her closet, opens the door and takes her photo album. She begins to look at the pictures.

"That thing is five years old."

"I know. I want to see if Grace is in the pictures."

"Why?"

"So, I can find out what happen to Grace."

"Nobody cares anymore."

"I care."

Leah takes her photo album and leaves. She goes to the park and finds a quiet place to sit. Leah opens the photo album and begins to look.

The photo album is taking Leah down memory lane, all the smiling happy faces, all her friends and family having a good time and then there is Grace.

Leah finds a picture of grace, the only picture of Grace that was taken that night. She notices Grace isn't wearing a costume, and she is standing far off in the back with a sullen look on her face.

Leah moves the picture closer to her face and sees on the bottom right of Grace a gym bag. She wonders why Grace would bring a gym bag to a Halloween party.

Grace's parents left Point lookout after the search was called off, so Leah can't go and ask them about the gym bag, but Grace's grandparents still live in Point lookout.

Leah goes to Grace's grandparent's house on the outskirts of Point lookout. Leah drives up to the house, the house is just as she remembers.

Leah gets out of her car and walks to the door, before she knocks on the door, she hears her name being called.

"Leah Carter is that you?"

Leah looks around and spots Mrs. Anderson tending her garden.

"Hi Mrs Anderson."

"What brings you here?"

"I'm still tying to find answers about Grace's disappearance."

Mrs. Anderson walks too Leah and gives her a hug.

"I'm glad someone is still looking for Grace."

"Everyone in town either forgot about Grace or they don't remember her."

"You still remember and haven't forgotten Grace, now what can I do for you?"

Leah takes out the last photo Grace took. She shows it to Mrs, Anderson.

"This is the last photo Grace took, look at the bottom right, it's Grace's gym bag."

Mrs Anderson gives Leah the picture back and walks inside her house.

Leah follows Mrs. Anderson inside.

"Mrs. Anderson , what happened?"

"Oh dear, no one was suppose to know."

Leah is confused.

"Suppose to know what? Do you know what happen to Grace?"

Mrs. Anderson sits down on the couch next to her husband. She tells him why Leah is there.

"Mrs. Anderson, please tell me. I've been looking for any kind of sign from Grace for five years and you were just telling me you were happy someone hasn't forgotten about Grace."

Leah pleads and pleads with Grace's grandparents to tell her the truth.

Mr. Anderson nods

"Okay, we only know bits of what happened to Grace. It all started two months before Halloween, Grace got a job working at the mayor's office. She loved her job and she was good at it too. One day Grace went to work early, she overheard the mayor talking with his chief of staff about taking bribes in the next election and about some other stuff Grace wouldn't mention. Grace wrote everything in her journal from that point on."

"The mayor found out."

Mrs. Anderson nods

"Mayor Williams, Grace wrote took bribes in order to win the election. Grace went to tell the sheriff , he didn't care and neither did the rest of the town."

"So, Grace ran?"

"That's what we believe, then my son and his wife left after the search was called off. We don't know where they are."

Mrs. Anderson stands up and goes to her flower bed, she begins to dig. Leah leans over and sees Mrs. Anderson taking out a book. She turns to face Leah. "This is Grace's journal. She wrote everything down."

Leah takes the journal and thanks Mrs. Anderson.

"Find the truth Leah."

"I will."

Leah takes the journal to her car. She begins to read. What's inside the journal can take down not only the mayor, but the sheriff, the city council and a bunch of other wealthy residents.

Leah decides to write an article exposing the corrupt town, the reason why Grace disappear and the reason why no one wants to remember Grace.

Leah's article is published the next day, shock waves are sent throughout the town.

The following day the FBI arrived and arrest the mayor, sheriff, and a bunch of other people.

Sadly, Grace remains missing.

Leah hasn't given up hope one day she will find Grace.

October 27, 2021 21:55

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.