9 comments

Fantasy Funny

In our living room I held up my arms, concentrating on my wife Lisa and slowly, melodically, spoke the incantation. The air around her shimmered, and with a thunderous boom all returned to normal. I looked at my wife, topless and examining herself, to see if it worked. Her pet canary, Popcorn, also regarded her from his cage. Then I heard her say that it didn't work, that her breasts did not augment as I promised, and that she thought me to be an idiot. I told her to wait a moment and see. Magic doesn't always happen right away. Then I heard a high pitched sound not unlike air escaping a balloon and saw the horrified look on Lisa's face. Then the smell hit, fetid, malodorous; it caused my esophagus to close. I made it out of the living room leaving an unfazed and very angry Lisa alone and gassy. So I went back to my library to comb through more books on magic.

In our living room I held up my arms, concentrating on my wife Lisa and slowly, melodically, spoke the incantation. Again the air around her shimmered, forming a light blindingly bright that suddenly dissipated, revealing my wife standing before me with six perfect breasts. After a moment to adjust to the sight, one worthy of a Star Wars cantina scene, I decided I liked them. A lot. Then Lisa fondled them with six arms that I hadn't noticed. That put me off a bit, but as she kept fondling them I started, you know, responding. That ended when I looked at Popcorn's cage and saw him lying at the bottom. Evidently the previous gaseous episode proved too much. He had better odds in a coal mine. Lisa hadn't noticed yet and I said nothing. I heard her say she liked them, but only wanted one set. So I went back to my library to comb through more books on magic.

In our living room I held up my arms, concentrating on my wife Lisa and slowly, melodically, spoke the incantation. The air did not shimmer, but a pleasant light of pure orange filled the room. It dissipated to reveal Lisa sporting a large set of monarch butterfly wings! I wasn't even close this time, but she looked so beautiful, so like a fairy. Where the wings entered her back, the color faded in seamlessly to her skin tone which itself turned slightly orange. She fluttered them and rose slightly off the ground, grinning in delight as she did. We went out back so she could stretch her wings so to speak. Unfortunately, her flower garden caused an unexpected response. Her mouth opened, her jaw grotesquely unhinged and a large proboscis extended out to draw nectar from the flowers. It was off-putting I would have to say and the look she gave me screamed idiot. So we made our way back to the living room. So I went back to my library to comb through more books on magic.

In our living room I held up my arms, concentrating on my wife Lisa and slowly, melodically, spoke the incantation. A black, tarry substance rose from the floor completely enveloping her. Hardening, it, for a brief moment, took on the look of obsidian before cracking like an egg. The pieces fell to the floor, passing through and instantly disappearing. It left behind what appeared to be a giant slug. Two eyes situated on stalks protruded from the head and moved independent of each other. As the eyes, my wife's perfectly green eyes, moved in an apparent haphazard way, taking in the body that now housed them, it shuddered. When it did, spasms of waves moved through the large body in reaction, like jello when you shake it. One of the eyes then spotted Popcorn lying at the bottom of his cage. The shuddering increased and both eyes, no longer acting independently, focused on me. Thank God that whatever I turned her into didn't have laser eyes. Even though Lisa didn't have a proper mouth to speak with, she still did a whiz bang job of saying 'idiot.' I just said I was sorry and that I would be back. So I went back to my library to comb through more books on magic.

In our living room I held up my arms, concentrating on my wife Lisa and slowly, melodically, spoke the incantation. This time no light, no tarry substance, no sounds manifested. The hulking, angry slug just dried up; and a very angry Lisa tore out of its dried husk. I saw when she did that things were really getting out of control. Still no large, firm breasts like she wanted. Nope. Not even the breasts she had, though she still looked like her, mostly. The term 'hung like a horse' came to mind, which dangled rather profusely from between her legs. She even, somehow, managed to take on subtle equine features. Murder still radiated from her eyes because of Popcorn and because of all I put her through. Still, though, I had to tell her that that thing, and I pointed at it, had to go. Lisa reached down, grabbed it, and shook it obscenely towards me. When I recoiled, she laughed, which had a slight "whinny' to it and I almost lost it in laughter. It was when, at a moment of pure stupidity on my part, I asked her to count to ten and she started to stomp her foot that I did lose it. She would never forget it. Nor would I. The kick, somehow more like a buck, flung me out of my chair and into the wall. So I went back to my library to comb through more books on magic.

In our living room I held up my arms, concentrating on my wife Lisa and slowly, melodically, spoke the incantation. A warm, golden glow enveloped her, forming into something like stardust, swirling around her in a Disney princess sort of way before fading in the air. She looked at herself and I heard her say she was still the old me. I took her in my arms and told her that I never cared that her breasts were not as firm or that she had a few stretch marks. She will always be more beautiful to me than the day I married her. She accused me of putting her through that on purpose. A statement that I neither confirmed nor denied. I did argue that she put herself through it, since she felt the need for augmentation. I just felt the need for her to which she thumped me on the chest and called me an idiot. I am and it's ok. She saw Popcorn hopping around in his cage and looked at me quizzically. I smiled, kissed her cheek and whispered "Illusion." Then I went back to my library to put my magic books away.

February 24, 2023 01:53

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

9 comments

Mary Bendickson
20:20 Mar 03, 2023

Oh, so cute. You have a wide range of imagination. You should do very well. I agree about Laurel H's comment on critique.

Reply

Kevin V
02:33 Mar 04, 2023

I'm glad you enjoyed it

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Karen McDermott
11:58 Feb 26, 2023

Superb work and a hilarious response to the prompt. Wish I'd thought of this! I'll bet it was fun to write.

Reply

Kevin V
17:17 Feb 26, 2023

It was fun to write, Karen. Thank you for taking the time to read it and I'm happy you enjoyed it.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Laurel Hanson
12:31 Feb 25, 2023

This is a super enjoyable read. The same sentence at beginning and end works to propel the plot really well, rather than becoming an annoying drumbeat. The narrative voice is so fun, with awesome light notes tossed in like, "He had better odds in a coal mine." & "Even though Lisa didn't have a proper mouth to speak with, she still did a whiz bang job of saying 'idiot.'" This is a creative and at the same time, meaningful, story in response to this prompt. Very well done.

Reply

Kevin V
14:27 Feb 25, 2023

Thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to read it. I'm glad you enjoy it. I want you to know I have respect for your writing and that if you see anything that might improve mine (should you ever read another) please feel free to state it. I haven't seen much of that here. Again, thank you

Reply

Laurel Hanson
22:30 Feb 25, 2023

I have noticed that most commenters are very supportive, which is super nice, but I also would appreciate people critiquing for areas of improvement. I think it is hard to offer 'criticism" online to people we do not know, but I would really love it if someone was willing to do that to my work. If you are amenable, and read others of mine, please feel free to critique!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Wendy Kaminski
03:21 Feb 24, 2023

KV, this was absolutely brilliant! Hilarious, and probably one of my favorite repeating-sentence stories I've read this week. You really knocked it out of the park, and omg the laughter! So many great lines, but my favorites had to be: - It was off-putting I would have to say and the look she gave me screamed idiot. - Even though Lisa didn't have a proper mouth to speak with, she still did a whiz bang job of saying 'idiot.' - When I recoiled, she laughed, which had a slight "whinny' to it and I almost lost it in laughter. // but then... ...

Reply

Kevin V
09:43 Feb 24, 2023

Thank you for the kind words, Wendy. I'm so glad you liked it. I had fun with it, but didn't know how it might come across. I found it hard to reach even 1000 words like this.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.