0 comments

Romance

‘What to get, what to get’ is the only thing going through my mind while at work. Christmas is tomorrow and I still haven't gotten the perfect gift for Matthew (my boyfriend for four years). The first year we were together I got him a watch, then a new pair of shoes, and then last year I got him concert tickets. I kind of regret getting him those because I don’t know if I can top them. I have been putting of getting him something for so long that now I’m out of time. Straight from work I head to the store but before I got there, I got an idea. We meet 4 years ago, a week after New Years day at the local Starbucks. Both of us ordered the same drink one after the other so they called are names at the same time, running them together into one name ‘MatthewHarley’. He commented that our names sounded good together. I was nervous at first but after talking for awhile we discovered that we had a lot in common. We both enjoyed musical theater and did theater in high school. He told me about how he played the Tin Man in the Wizard of Oz once and that the costume was so hard to move in that he fell over and Dorthy had to improvise while her and the Scarecrow stood him back up. and a month later we started dating. Walking out of the Starbucks, that very same coffee in hand with the name ‘MatthewHarley’ written on the side, I felt happy and proud of myself. I was going to walk in, hand him the drink, and tell him how much I loved him. My plans were foiled though when I walked in, the lights were off, candles were light, and a trail of rose petals lead me to him, bending down on one knee, a ring box in hand. Needless to say, I was shocked, but extremely happy. I ran to him, crouched down in front of him and said “ I bought you a coffee, the same coffee from the day we meet, to show you that I loved you, but of course you had to one up me (a pause while I kissed him) Here's your coffee, I love you, and yes!” Then he smiled and said “ I love you too” then we fell into each other, coffee sitting on the floor, forgotten. 




December 09, 2019 21:40

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.