My story is entitled During the flickering of light in the bedroom Joshua Jackson tried to turn off the light immediately.

Written in response to: Start your story with the flickering of a light.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Mystery

My story is entitled During the flickering of light in the bedroom Joshua Jackson tried to turn off the light immediately.


Once upon a time Joshua Jackson tried to turn off the light in his bedroom when the light flickers in his room.

This light flicker refers to the rapid ,quick and repeated changes in the brightness of light over a particular period of time.

However ,light that appears to flutter and is unsteady easily causes blackout or light out in the room.

Again ,this is caused when the voltage supplied to a light source considerably changes or then the power line voltage then fluctuates.


As noted the flickering in light is also called Twinkling or scintillation. The Twinkling or scintillation as noted in the flickering of light is some sort of generic term for variations in brightness ,colour or position of a distant luminous object viewed through a medium.

The flickering of light also exists for some other organisms having different perceptual thresholds.


In addition, Joshua Jackson also noted that most flickering of light is caused by some sort of faulty appliances.

The flickering of light eventually occurs when there is a problem with the bulb that is when the bulb is not tight enough in the socket ,where there is a wrong bulb type for dimmer switch.

Again the flickering of light eventually occurs when there is a loose tight plug.

It can be noted that the flickering of light occurs when there is a faulty light or fixture switch in the room.


However in the scenario of Joshua Jackson the flicker of light was caused by loose light bulbs in his bedroom and also the faulty light or fixture switch in his bedroom.

In some cases ,Joshua Jackson also noted that flickering of lights are mainly caused by four things mainly

When there is a problem with the bulb.

Faulty light or fixture switch.

Loose light plug.

Appliance pulling large amounts of current or start up.

Other issues that considerably leads to electrical issues includes

The sensory overload on a circuit.

The Voltage fluctuations.

Also the loose or outdated wiring.

The problem with the electric utility service.

Lastly the problem with the meter box or the main service cable connection in the room.


As noted loose light bulbs are always loose in their sockets ,they will receive an inconsistent supply of power which can cause the flickering effect in the room.

Most lights that flickers are as the results of a reduction or a fluctuation in the total household voltage that results in the lights dimming for a moment within a room.

Sometimes there are abrupt changes within the room or bedroom when ever the light flickers.


Again there are voltage fluctuations where your lights flicker when you turn on an appliance with a high voltage like the microwave ,oven,washer, or dryer or the Air conditioner because the voltage in your home might be fluctuating too much.

This could however be as a results of an electrical issue that results in the scenario of Joshua Jackson experiencing the flickering of light in his house.

Again Joshua Jackson occasionally observed that the light bulb constantly flickers when it is switched on.

This could be a sign that you have a faulty light switch.


However this can be dangerous and then even cause the light switch to then overheat and later go on fire.

In addition , Joshua Jackson noted that it is best to solve the problem of flickering light by having the light switch replaced.

When the electrical loads are turn on and off in the household ,it creates a change in the voltage levels which may cause the LED lights to eventually dim or flicker.

As can be noted certain appliances within your home needs more power when they first turn on.

Appliances such as the dishwasher ,washing machine,computer,the LED light may flicker because electrical loads may be turned on or off which can cause the flicker of light.

Whenever a large appliance like the air conditioner ,heat pump ,washer or dryer is turned on ,it pulls a lot of electricity which can then temporarily take some of the electric current away from the rest of your house and then

cause the lights to flicker.

Sometimes Joshua Jacksons television flickers when it is turned on. This can be solved by turning the television off and back on.

This fault may be due to the fact that a component attached to the television could be at fault.


As noted cables may not be secure or a cable may be at fault eventually.

The television must have energy efficiency features which can help to reduce flickering.

It can be noted that capacitors are generally used in LED drivers smoothening and reducing the ripple coming from the power supply.

In addition in selecting the right capacitors for LED lighting systems helps in avoiding flickering that eliminates the excessive heat and then ensures the longevity of the LED lights.

Whenever you use LED light that seeks to have an unwanted flickering effect that is simply solder the watt resistor across the two bulbs seeks to lug and all ghosting and flickering is eliminated.

At most times , Joshua Jackson uses the capacitor that prevents the flickering of the LED bulbs when they are switched off eventually.

The capacitor then plays a vital part in reducing the signal fluctuations or flickering.

In LED lights ,there is a capacitor attached.


However,the solution. to then actually mitigate or eliminate the flicker is to solder a ceramic or capacitor with the LED power supply. Often than not LED lighting is as good as it's capacitor since you can replace this broken capacitor.

As can be noted LED bulbs may flicker or dim in your home when there are voltage fluctuations in the home wiring.

Again as in the scenario of Joshua Jackson ,LED bulbs may flicker or dim in your home when there are voltage fluctuations. The electrical loads turns on and off within the the home or house and this creates a change in the voltage levels,which may cause the LED lights to dim or flicker.

Most flickering lights within a house may be due to bad bulbs or the bulb might be loose in it's sockets.


Finally , I will conclude that flickering lights can be a warning sign that there is a fire hazard within our homes or houses.

Lastly in order to avoid all sorts of fire hazard it is always best for Joshua Jackson to put off all sorts of electrical appliances in order to avoid flickering of light.









June 07, 2022 02:18

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.