0 comments

Fiction Friendship Inspirational

I want to tell you a story about two people who are the complete opposite of each other. One is a star football player and the other was Dyslexic. Their names are Braelynn and Zavier. Here is their story.

We're just too different, Braelynn use to say that all the time. Whenever she saw Zavier, she hid behind her Art. Whenever Zavier passed by her, she ran away.

Braelynn and Zavier came from two different worlds. Braelynn wasn't the popular girl nor the smart girl. She is known as the dyslexic girl. Braelynn struggled so much in school that she was constantly made fun of. Many days she didn't want to go to school. She wanted to disappear.

Zavier on the other hand was the most popular guy in school. The girls swooned all over him. The guys wanted to be him. The teachers praised him. There was nothing Zavier could do wrong.

Zavier led the panthers to a record four national championships. On top of that he was voted class president a record four times. He was loved by many and hated by those who were jealous.

Braelynn watched from afar praying that she would be accepted by her peers. Braelynn never hated Zavier, she only wanted to be his equal.

Braelynn hated that she was different. She hated how her brain was wired differently than her peers. She cried every day in the privacy of her own room. Her mother never noticed the pain she was in.

Different is beautiful, that's what Braelynn's mother always told her. But Braelynn never believed those words. For Braelynn being different was a curse.

Every day at school Braelynn watched Zavier talking with his friends, laughing with them and she wonder what it would be like to talk to Zavier, then one day Braelynn's life changed equal parts good and equal parts bad.

It happened during 5th period English, Braelynn's worst subject. She always hid in the back hiding from Mrs. Winters but her times of hiding came to an end.

The class gathered as usual. Zavier was in the class as well. Mrs. Winters task the class with writing and reading their short story. Braelynn is picked to go first. She begins reading but she can't get the words out. The whispers begin. As she continued struggling, her peers began laughing. Braelynn dropped her story on the floor and ran out of the classroom. What nobody expected is Zavier followed Braelynn.

Zavier followed Braelynn to the girls bathroom, he waited for her outside. When she came out Braelynn saw Zavier. He begins walking to her, she ran away. Zavier called Braelynn's name. She didn't stop.

Braelynn runs to her favorite place, Forest Haven Park. Whenever Braelynn would feel sad, she would take her art books and go to Forest Haven Park to be by herself with her thoughts. Braelynn goes to the benches over looking the river. She sits down on one of the benches and begins to cry.

Zavier follows Braelynn to Forest Haven Park. He finds her on one of the benches crying. He sits down next to her, grabs her and hugs her.

Braelynn continues to cry for the next half hour. Zavier manages to calm her down. When Braelynn looks into Zavier's eye's she finds compassion and a wholehearted person buried behind the popular guy.

Zavier wasn't who Braelynn believed he was. He was kind and caring to her. He didn't make fun of her instead Zavier did the total opposite of what everybody else did.

Zavier showed Braelynn what a true friend looks like. He apologized to Braelynn for what the other kids did. Braelynn accepted Zavier's apology.

For the next half hour Braelynn and Zavier talk about football and art, and about life in general. Zavier found out some amazing things about Braelynn like she's an incredible artist and that she loves football.

Braelynn found out Zavier likes to read, his favorite subject is history and he helps his little sister with her school work. Braelynn still has her doubts about Zavier. What he tells her next will change how she views him.

As Braelynn and Zavier are walking back to the high school, he tells Braelynn his sister has dyslexia. Braelynn is taken aback by the news. She smiles for the first time in a long time.

Zavier loves the way Braelynn smiles. She is different than the girls in school. She doesn't want his attention nor does she fight to be with him. Braelynn is different and not just because of her dyslexia. There is something about Braelynn that Zavier wants to get to know more about.

The high school is empty of students by the time Braelynn and Zavier enter the building. He walks Braelynn to her locker. Zavier tells her to wait their for him.

Braelynn opens her locker and takes out her belongs. Zavier comes back and hands Braelynn her short story. He tells Braelynn her story is good. She nods and says thank you.

Braelynn never felt more nervous than in the presences of Zavier. She goes today goodbye to Zavier, he stops her and tells her to go with him to his locker. She agrees but inside her she hopes the popular kids won't see them together.

Zavier looks at Braelynn, he tells her no one is ever going to make fun of her again, that's a promise. Braelynn wants so desperately to believe that Zavier is telling her the truth but she is still scared.

After Zavier grabs his stuff from his locker, he walks Braelynn home. They again talk about every day things. Braelynn tells Zavier her favorite food is pizza and chocolate cake is her favorite dessert.

Zavier in turns tells Braelynn his favorite is burger and fries and chocolate cake is also his favorite dessert. He whispers in Braelynn's ear not to tell his coach. She begins to giggle.

They arrive at Braelynn's home. Braelynn thanks Zavier for comforting her. They exchange numbers. Before Braelynn goes inside Zavier tells her or rather promises her that he will always protect her and that she can always count on him.

Braelynn nods and heads inside. Later that night Braelynn is struggling to finish her homework. She decides to call Zavier. He answers on the first ring. She tells Zavier her problem.

Zavier tells Braelynn to take a deep breathe, close her eyes and think about what she loves the most. Braelynn opens her eyes with a smile on her face. She finishes her homework with encouragement from Zavier. They talk the rest of the night.

The next day Braelynn wakes up with renewed hope and promises of good things to come. Her phone rings with a text from Zavier. Message reads: I will pick you up and walk you to school." Braelynn smiles. She quickly takes a shower and gets dressed.

Zavier picks up Braelynn. They walk together to school, as they approach the school Braelynn starts to get nervous. Zavier grabs her hand which calms her down but her fears about being seen with Zavier are about to come true.

Braelynn and Zavier enter school grounds and looks of disgust are shown on the faces of their peers. Braelynn wants to run away. Zavier won't let her. He tells her "Remember my promise."

The looks continue as they enter the building. Braelynn quickly walks to her locker. Zavier hot on her heels. Braelynn tells Zavier she is scared, just then a group of popular kids begin to walk to Braelynn. Zavier steps in front of her. Before they can say anything Zavier tells them "No one is going to make fun of Braelynn anymore or else they will answer to me."

The popular kids left defeated and in shock. Braelynn has a big smile on her face. Zavier turns to Braelynn, she gives him a big hug.

For the rest of the school year Braelynn and Zavier became the best of friends. Zavier helps Braelynn with her School work and before she knew it her grades begin to improve. Her reading skills also begins to improve. Braelynn wasn't afraid to go to school anymore. The smile on Braelynn's face is unmistakable.

Every Friday night Braelynn sits in the front row of the high school football stadium and watches Zavier play. They won every time. There was no stopping Braelynn and Zavier.

The next two years of high school goes smoothly for Braelynn. No one made fun of her because of her dyslexia. Her grades are among the best in school and best of all college is in her future all thanks to Zavier.

During their senior year of high school Braelynn and Zavier found out they were going to the same college, the university of Michigan. They were both excited. Graduation came Zavier was named valedictorian. Braelynn was beyond happy for Zavier but most of all she was happy for herself, happy that she made it through high school and happy to have a friend like Zavier.

This is the end of Zavier and Braelynn's story or maybe it's just the beginning.

Hi my name is Braelynn and this is my story of my struggle with dyslexia and how I was constantly picked on because I was different but most of all this is a story of courage and bravery and the promise of true friendship.

High school graduation wasn't the end of our story. Me and Zavier went to the university of Michigan together, though I still struggled with my dyslexia, Zavier was always there to help me and to make sure no one hurt me.

I'm happy to say me and Zavier fell in love. I fell in love with my best friend. Me and Zavier live an amazing life together filled with so much love and happiness.

Different is beautiful, those words haunted me at one time in my life, now I embrace those words.

February 01, 2023 23:35

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.