0 comments

Fantasy Fiction Adventure

“Are you there god? It’s me,” he grunted.

Then he heard a voice, ‘who shall I send?’ the voice reverberated in his head. 

“I give up. I’m done.,” he panted. Not even enough strength to lift his chin off of the ground. “Send Lucifer for all I care. The devil, satan, beelzebub. Whatever you want to call him. I’ve given up on the life you’ve handed me on this god forsaken planet. The Drakes, Vikes, Jures and Mares. All of the creatures and creations around that have gone against and disguised their judgment of me over something I hadn’t done.” The water dripped off the stalactite slowly clearing blood from his eyes and cheeks.

“So be it.” The voice echoed. He saw a flash of pink luminescence and felt a slight burn on the back of his neck. He clenched his eyes shut until the light disappeared. As the light faded he slowly opened his eyes to see the lower waist of someone squatted in front of him. 

“You look like shit,” the voice was soft and smooth. The mocking tone however annoyed him. Struggling to obtain any feeling in his body he slightly lifted his head to see the face behind the voice. To his surprise he saw a man bearing very similar resemblance to himself but also different. The face was smoother, the skin almost glowing and not to mention the horns coming out of the side of his head and tail behind his back.

“Who are you? And why do you look like me?” He asked the copy.

“I’m you. A better you by the looks of it but still you,” his voice still silky smooth. “So what can I do for you?” The copy asked. 

“What do you desire? Money? Power? Women? Strength? Revenge? Is that why you have summoned me? A lowly creature such as yourself doesn’t possess the will or the strength to wield me. I mean just look at you. I can see the amount of energy you have left and it isn’t even enough to stand let alone control a powered one such as myself.” The copy laughed as he walked around boasting. “All of- what do you guys call him? God, right? Well all of his creatures and creations have a special rank and order in life and it seems you’ve quite literally,” the copy crouched down to look face to face with him. “hit rock bottom.”

“And yet you’re here.” He said to the copy. The copy laughed and stood up.

“Because I have nothing better to do so I thought I would tease and taunt you for a bit before heading back.” He sucked his teeth at the copy’s remarks as he watched him pace back and forth. 

“Well I've had my fill. Good luck with whatever it is you were doing.” The copy looked up and closed his eyes waiting to return to where he came.

“That’s weird. I should’ve been able to-” 

“I don’t think so.” He said while grabbing the copy’s ankle. He slowly dragged himself up holding onto the copy limb by limb until they were face to face.

“It’s as you say,” he grabbed onto his face covering his nose and mouth with a frighteningly tight grip. “I summoned you here, remember? Which means you belong to me now.” The copy was speechless knowing that he shouldn’t have had the strength to even clench his hand let alone drag himself up. His horns twitched and an evil grin masked his face.

“Alright then,” he said behind his hand. “But don’t complain to me later if it gives you heartburn.” There was another flash of light and the copy was gone. He fell to the ground but this time he was able to catch himself. His body seemed to have healed, giving him the strength to stand up again. He made his way to a nearby river to wash the blood off of his face and what he saw next left him speechless.

“Pretty aren’t they?” A smooth silky voice rang in his head.

As the sun began to set he bravely made his way back through the town. He could feel the unfriendly stares piercing his body. 

“They don’t seem to like you.” the voice said in his head.

“Shut it.” He grunted, the townspeople around him flinched. Without breaking eye contact he headed straight for the castle where he was met by some familiar faces.

“Well if it isn’t the snake king himself, here to stab anyone else in the back?” The king's guard. He was a burly man with a spear twice his size.

“Hmm,” the copy hummed in curiosity. He didn’t even take notice of the king’s guard, however. He continued to walk straight, maintaining focus on the front gate. The guard grasped him by the shoulder in an attempt to seize him. He grabbed the guard's wrist, instantly crushing it and launched him through the front gate. All of the other guards froze in fear at the wrath masked on his face as he marched through the rubble. At this point, no one has attempted to stop him. They followed behind at a distance as he made his way to the king’s hall.

“Halt!” A guard exclaimed behind a wall of iron shields. The king was surrounded by knights of shields and swords.

“I see you’ve changed in the time I've graciously given you away from your work,  Liam,” the king said mockingly. “Physically I mean. You’re still a snake in human clothing. Why have you returned? Have you not caused us enough trouble?” he snapped. Liam made his way through the great hall until he stood at the foot of the stairs leading to the throne. 

“Liam? Meaning one's determination as a protector? Interesting,” The inner voice chuckled. “Well then speak your mind, I already know what you’re thinking.”

Liam lifted his head, his eyes were glowing red and he uttered a single phrase that caused their blood to run cold.

“Eschaton.” The inner voice laughed loudly. “So that’s your plan.”

February 11, 2022 00:32

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.