0 comments

Fantasy Romance Speculative

By the time I stepped outside the leaves were on fire.

Even though they were on fire, none of the leaves burned, instead they all rounded up in a circle, the flames making them appear to be glimmering for they were leaves of Autumn. I watched them from where I was standing, right outside the cottage, on the porch as Wind swirled through the leaves, yet the flames didn't cease, nor did they grow. They stayed just as they were the moment before, just as they will be the next moment too.

The leaves kept swirling in a circle, it was unclear whether the leaves' movement created the wind, or perhaps did the wind create their movements? All I knew for sure, was that I was looking at something new; something I've never seen before. I can't say wether I was shocked by it, or whether I was overjoyed by the sight of something else. I was simply engaged in the scenery that I forgot to feel, even to think. The sight was simply that enchanting that I had to stop everything to fully understand it;

A sudden gust of wind from the place of happening swept my hair backwards. a relaxing soft smell of wet fallen leaves filled my nostrils, funny. For the leaves were literally on fire yet I smelled the fresh smell of rain drops settling among the fallen leaves of Autumn, instead of the burning smell and smoke one would expect of leaves that were burning.

The leaves kept on swirling. And after several rounds of what I thought to be aimless swirling, I began to notice peculiar patterns in their swirling; at one time these leaves would turn around here, and these leaves would turn around there. then they would swap. Now, The other time, they continued by adding another group of leaves that would preform strange yet magnificent leafy acrobatics in the center, while the other two groups repeated the first time. It seemed awfully strange for leaves to act on their own, yet it was a beautiful enamoring sight to behold; I leaned on the porch railing, watching the flaming leaves with a dreamy interest. It seemed that they were dancing... What were they thinking of? Was it an interesting thought? Why were they dancing? To What were they dancing? Was it a song they were thinking of perhaps? Or perhaps it was the sound of the wind blowing between them and around the surrounding tall to medium Autumn trees?

I didn't have to keep wondering, for the answer was quickly revealed to me.

The flaming leaves of Autumn were Dancing to the sound of song of The 'Woman Of Trees', of whom was singing the song of the 'Fallen Autumn Leaves'. It was a song like no other song I've heard yet before; it had no words, just voice. And although it was just a voice making a sound without a clear meaning, I could understand the meaning with great ease. Like a child looking at a glass of water, understanding that water is water, and nothing more and nothing less. That's how I understood the song of the 'Fallen Autumn Leaves'. The Woman Of Trees' voice was powerful and hard, yet soft and gentle. The sound of her song filled every bit of the air as she described the Autumn leaves to perfection. Without words, again, just the sound of her voice.

I immediately fell in love. Although I haven't met the Woman Of trees before, I felt a strong urge, and a sweet sense of longing to the sound of her voice. My immediate desire for her was not of my control; her voice was of the type that would drive any man crazy, head over heels for such a woman with such a voice.

I was listening to her song with my eyes closed, it is really wonderful, how much power a woman has over a man with just the sound of her voice, without having to show; Yes. I heard her voice long before I actually saw her for the first time, and yet, I was already convinced of her beauty.

I was watching the birds of Fall of whom had chimed in along with the Woman Of Trees' voice, chirping in a peculiar harmony while flying in circles, matching the flaming Leaves' dance. I appreciated the soft majestic rustles the surrounding trees made when I felt a sudden gust of wind.

This wind didn't come from the center of the scene where the Flaming leaves were dancing to their Mistress' voice; it came from a corner in the pale blue sky. A big group of Autumn leaves in the typical red, yellow and orange came swirling down elegantly from the peak in the sky.

Across from me, at the other side of the dancing Flaming leaves appeared a woman, crafted out of the Leaves Of Autumn, a beauty like her I swear I've never seen, nor will see anything like it other than her. Even in my previous life, before I woke up in this lonely cottage, I've never seen anything as beautifully satisfying as her;

She wore a simple creamy white gown, with a long, brilliant red, thick silk robe as a coat, in her hand she held a matching red and gold fan, with wooden borders. Her pale skin looked of a warm tone, it looked soft. she was rather short, barely passing my shoulder. with thick long reddish brown hair that spread across the ground like healthy tree roots, extending long after she walked across the ground, collecting fallen leaves from the ground as she passed. Like a form of beautiful art.

From afar, I couldn't see her face too well, however, I can tell you that she was of utmost beauty. She had big round cherry red eyes with streaks of a fiery orange and yellowish gold, and long thick dark lashes.

Her lips were full, soft and red, the color of a healthy cherry. Her face was built delicately, and softly. Yet there was a sense of danger and mystery that drove me wild.

Although it was my first time encountering such a woman, I immediately knew who she was. Not just by the song that came out of her mouth, but by the way her movements screamed that they were the master of leaves; announcing her arrival to the flaming leaves with each step that she took. Before me, was no other than the Woman Of Trees. My breath was taken away from me the moment I set my eyes on her; However, that did not matter, for I didn't need my breath to live. From that moment on all I needed was to stare at the beautiful lady before me for longer.

I didn't know the reason to why she came to my little cottage. Nor did I know the reason to why she sang to begin with. That day, the thought to wonder about such a strange phenomenon hadn't even accured to me; not even once had I thought to think of the reason it all came to this... No, my mind was so enamored by my Lady's beauty, that I forgot to think any logical thought. Instead, I leaned in further on the railing, to get a better glimpse of the Woman of trees, wishing that perhaps she might notice me and decide to engage in a conversation, or at the very least, send me a smile and look me in the eye. However, she did not do any of the things I've hoped for; instead



October 13, 2020 21:46

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.