0 comments

Fiction Fantasy Urban Fantasy

Warning: Death, and language.

FYI: This is set in a different universe than the Sirius Kurgari series, the Celeste series, and the Akira Nakahara series. This is an alternative world to the Akira Nakahara series. But have fun reading!


************************************************************


The man woke up. As he slowly came to his senses, he realised that he was in a chair, in a room, with only an older model tv. Then, it turned on. On the tv was someone wearing all black, with a black mask. He couldn't tell if it was a man or woman. Then, with a purposefully distorted voice, the person spoke. "Francis Henri. You were a participant in the Nakahara Massacre. You may not realise it yet, but you are looking into the face of the last survivor. But I will give you a shot at redemption. I heard that you were a fan of Mundane horror movies. I'm assuming you've seen the Saw franchise. This is a simple trap. When you get up, a timer will activate, and you will have to do one thing. Give up your wedding ring.


"I know it was costly, so it's worth more than you are right now. Before you are three boxes. They each have letters on them, and they are the scrambled version of the words. You will have to unscramble them to find the right one to put the ring into. If the timer runs out before you have completed your task, the room will fill with poisonous gas, and you will die a painful and horrible death. If you put your ring into the wrong box, the result will be the same. You have one minute to do this. Will you have the will to survive, or will you crumble under the pressure? Live or die. Make your choice." Before the tv cut off. Francis stood up, and as he did so, pulled a string tied to him, and he could see a timer starting. He took off his ring. He thought briefly. 'If I guess, it's a one in three chance.' He looked at the timer. he now had thirty seconds.


He took out a picture of his wife. "I'm sorry." Before tossing the ring in the middle box. The box closed, and he could see the vents in the room start to leak gas. Francis' eyes widened. Soon, the whole room was filled with the gas, and the man fell to the ground. The last thing he saw as he died was the image of his wife.

************************************************************


"Detective, this is the body." said the young man said, gesturing with his wand while he was leading him into the room. "What's the victim's name?" the Detective asked.

The young man checked his clipboard. "Uh... Francis Henri. They told me you see what others don't, Detective Nakahara." Nakahara nodded. "That is what I'm known for. But what's the purpose of the tv?" He said gesturing to it. The young man picked up an evidence bag. "There was a VHS tape in there, but we haven't seen it. Do you want to watch it?" The young man asked. Nakahara nodded once more, as he put it in the VCR. The tape played, and Akira Nakahara seemed deep in thought.


"What do you see in here, sir?" The young man asked. Akira shrugged. How did that tattoo get there? Did the victim already have it?" Akira asked, looking at a jigsaw puzzle piece tatoo. The young man shook his head no. "It was put on after the victim died."

"Young man, what's your name?" Asked Akira."Officer Carlucci." The man responded. "Carlucci, we may have a serial killer on our hands. Also, this was premeditated. This room would've taken some time to get set up. This person wouldn't have picked a random guy. This guy is the last survivor of the Nakahara Massacre. They are either lying, or they are a survivor, and we haven't discovered each other until now. I always thought I was the last one. Interesting. Take the body away, there's no fingerprints or any DNA anyway. See you later, Carlucci." Said Nakahara, leaving the room, and leaving Carlucci alone in the room.


Akira was in his home, eating instant noodles. He was reviewing his new case. "As long as there aren't any copycats, I should be fine. I think it was genius recreating a Saw-Esque death room. But even if there is a copycat, I'll deal with them, with justice." He heard a knock on the door. "Coming!" He said, going to check the door. 'It's late, and it's starting o rain. Why is there anyone at my door?' He asked himself as he made his way to the door. When he opened the door, there was a woman. She was holding a package. "Are you Akira Nakahara? Because if so, this is for you." She said, wiping her face of rain. "Come in, it's cold, dark and raining. I'll get you something warm to eat. She walked in and removed her shoes. Akira handed her some instant noodles. "Thanks," She said.


"So, what's your name, ma'am?" Akira asked. "And what's in the package?" He asked. She shrugged. "I don't know. I was just paid to deliver it. I didn't even see the man's face under his hood, though. And as for your first inquiry, My name is Rin Minari, but people call me Isis." He nodded. "Do you want some tea, or maybe some saké? I also have some Sweet Death Fruit nectar, if you wanted any." Rin stood up. "I'll make us some tea, it's fine. You invited me into your home in the rain, so it's the least I can do. I also don't like owing people favours." She said.


Akira sat down and waited for his drink. "By the way, what are you making?" "It's a surprise, Akira." He nodded. Soon, she came out with two hot teas. Akira took a sip. "It's delicious. Thank you." She smiled. " It's no problem." Akira set his cup down. "Why do people call you Isis, Rin?" She giggled. "It's because I have the strongest magical force in my family. My family can do magic, but mostly average, day to day magic. Not really meant for duelling. I was born in Elementia, in case you were going to ask." She said, finishing her tea. Akira was almost done as well. "Do you feel that?" Asked Rin, trying to stand up. She fell unconscious and landed on the ground. Akira stood up to help her, but he too fell unconscious.


When he woke up, he was chained up to a chair. He looked, and saw Rin was also chained to a chair. 'Well, we know that there's a copycat now. I might just die here. Actually, these chains aren't that bad. I could probably wriggle my way loose.' Akira thought to himself. He looked at Rin, who was still asleep. "Rin, wake up! Wake up, Rin!" She opened her eyes. "What happened, Akira? Where are we?" She asked. "My basement, from the looks of it." He answered. Then, a tv turned on. There was the same person in black.


"Detective Nakahara, and Rin Minari. You two are extremely smart. And extremely manipulative. You, Detective Nakahara, manipulate law enforcement for his agenda. You, Minari, manipulate others to achieve your selfish goals. Can you two trust each other? You've not known each other for long, and both of you are selfish. You can either work together for your task, or die. You must each give something of importance, and place it in the small chest in between you. One person could add two things, but they would die. Live or die. Make your choice." Then, the tv cut off, leaving the two of them to talk.


"Do you have anything of importance on you, Minari?" Akira asked.

She nodded. "My locket. It's very important to me. And you?" She asked. Akira nodded. "My current list of suspects for this person. This isn't their first death game. It's their second. I also have my wand on me. Since we're back to back, I think you could take it out of my back pocket." She nodded, trying to take the wand. "Got it!" She exclaimed. "Ignis," she spoke, and a burst of the fire melted Akira's chains, and set him free. He then did the same to her chains.


Akira put his papers in the box, as did Minari with her locket. They burned and melted, and the door swung open. "Well, that was easier than I thought." Said Minari. "I really loved that locket though," she lamented. Akira nodded. "Same here. I didn't get to put those in my mind palace yet." He sighed. "Let's go. You can stay the night. Come with me. You don't sleep in the nude, do you?" Asked Akira. She shook her head no.


He led her to his room. "I would let you use the spare room, but mine is the safest. You can sleep in my bed until this case is over, and this person is caught. We also need to be open with each other," Akira said as Rin climbed up on the bed. "What did they mean about you manipulating others for your own selfish goals?" She winced. "It's true. But I try not to hurt people. I'm a diagnosed psychopath. I use my intelligence to get what I want." Akira nodded. "And what is that?" He inquired. She laughed. "Easy. Love. Never got much of it when I was younger. But I do have good traits. At least I think so." She laughed.


"But what about you? What did he mean?" He nodded to himself. "Fair enough. I have my own agendas. And I may not be a psychopath, but I am good at manipulation, but only as a last resort." She nodded. "But it's weird that the trap was in your room. And the chains and the chairs seemed impromptu. Like it was improvised. Or it that just me?" Akira thought. "Well, the materials were improvised, but the trap was planned, because the box we put those things in wasn't in my basement before." He said.


"But you go to bed, Rin. I'll keep watch." He said, pulling out his phone. He dialed a number. Soon somebody responded. "Carlucci, there's been another trap." "Where was it, and do you know who the victim was?" Akira nodded.

"Me and a guest were in the trap. It was in my basement. See you soon." He hung up the phone. Rin was confused. "Who was that?"

"It was a cop working on the case with me. He'll bring some people to analyse the room. Then, they'll keep guard on the house until the case is over. In the morning, we can stop by the precinct, and drop that box by if officer Carlucci doesn't." He said. "But... you need to get to bed." Rin nodded and closed her eyes to sleep.


In the meantime, Akira needed a plan, because there is now a copycat who needs to be put to justice. He wondered what he would do with Rin. He thought deeply. 'Wait. She can play an important part in this.' A grin broke on his face. 'Yes, she can play an important role in this, if everything goes according to plan.....'




December 07, 2021 12:58

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.