20 comments

Science Fiction Thriller Funny

" Do you know about Quantum Physics?" Professor aked the question , I was waiting that someone would stand now and give the answer while playing game in my phone but suddenly I felt the gaze of everyone was on me, I slowly raised my head , only then I found that professor was asking this question to me. I immediately stand up and muttered "me?" " Yes you Mr Ayush" he replied calmy. I started rubbing my hair, patting my head , pretending to remember something while he was continuously staring my each moves.

" You mean the quantum physics that we see in the Antman movie?" I said in excitement as if I got the answer. " This is not the answer of my question" he said rudely. " Yes I know obviously.. you need the describtion of Quantum physics." I said while frustrating because I didn't know the answer. " Yes.. then start, I don't have much time" he said while looking at his watch. " Ah.. Quantum physics.. Quantum physics is a fantastic branch of physics through which we can go in any time...I think all the branches of physics should be as fantastic as Quantum... I think quantum physics is the king of all the branches of physics." I took a long breathe after answering the question while everyone started laughing and I felt like a celebratory of our class but His eyes on me become an ice cold.

" Do you think Quantum physics is all about the time travel?" His volume raised by few decibals, I gulped and said " Professor..movie had showed only about the time travel and nothing else.." I said innocently and didn't know why whole class started laughing again and his gaze become more cold. " Ohh so you only know about time travel then in which time do you want to go..past or future" he asked me in calm tone but his pursing lips, chewing words , told me that he was very angry at that time but who cares , I replied " Future." " But I would like to go in the past " he said.

" Why?" I asked though I had no interest in his wishes. " Because I want to stop your parents to give birth to a rascal like you.." he shouted on me. No professor says like this but he was different from everyone. He could even abuse us before everyone. Whole class started Laughing at me. This time I didn't feel like celebratory but a joker. I was angry, I said " You want to go in past just to kill me, but do you know what I don't need to go in past or future, I can kill you in present too." Though I was joking but I said this word in serious tone so that he would be scared of me and will not dare to insult me before everyone. I rushed out of the class in middle. 

I was coming out from college when I heard that Principal was calling me in the office. I went there and he scolded me for misbehaving with professor. He also told me that if I want to attain the class, I would have to bring my parents next day. " This old man..he really complained about me.." I cursed him in my mind but I was frustrated as I was going to be scolded by my parents.

I thought about it after returning home and came to the point that I would apologize to the professor and request him to talk to principal not to call my parents as my parents were too strict. They used to give me long lactures on my small faults and now this was a huge scandal for them.

I rushed to professor's home. The door was open, So , I directly came in but there was no one. I kept wandering here and there then I saw the door of study room was open, I went there but professor was still not there but I saw that there was a secret door behind the bookshelf which was open. I didn't hesitate for a second to enter that room. I was stunned now.It wasn't a room but a huge lab. There was so many equipments but one thing that amused me a lot was a circular machine. Strange type of rays were sparkling around it. I went there in excitement and saw that there were few buttons to set the date. I had seen many sci-fi movies. I could guess that this was the time machine. My eyes and mouth were widely open in shock. An idea came to my mind and I set the date of 20 years hence. I choose this date because my father kept telling me that being a father of teenager kid is not easy. So, I wanted to know how would I be being a father.

Everything around me changed, this home had become a lab and there were many scientists roaming here and there. I saw an identity card of someone lying on a table. I stole it, and run out from the lab. The outside view was completely changed now. There were many changes. Buildings had become the skyscraper, home had become the building, car models were also changed. I saw the workers in the shop, they were using many machines in their work , road was also different, there wasn't any dig in the pitch. My city had undergone a huge development. I liked it, " I love you future." I screamed.

First thing that came to my mind was my home. I rushed towards my home and knocked at door. A lady in her Thirty's opened the door. I must say she was very beautiful. She was not my mother, I guess she would be my wife now. I thought to tease her.." Hello Darling..do you remember me?" I said while pulling her waist towards me. I know she would remember me how could she forget how her husband looked 20 years ago but she was stunned. I thought she would be stunned to see me young. She was staring at me coldly but I didn't care of her gaze and rushed in. There I saw a girl, may be her age would be 16 or 17. I walked up to her and hugged her. I was so happy that I had a beautiful daughter in future. She was outstanding but then my gaze fell on her mini skirt. " Which type of dress you are wearing huh.. How can you let our daughter to wear these types of dress ?" I scold my wife to let our daughter wear such dress but the little girl stared at me coldly " Who the hell are you to decide what I should wear and what not?" She sneered but I hugged her again " I'm your father silly girl." I gave a kiss on her forehead.

" What is happening here honey" a sound came to my ears and I let go of her and turned back. There was a man in his fortys standing behind me.. 

" Dad..this man is saying that he is my father" little girl pouted. He stared at me coldly then looked towards the lady " I told you to keep an eye on your daughter..look she is cuddling with her bf before our eyes and playing tricks on us... and you how dare you to touch our daughter before us..I will smashed your face now." 

"Wait what.." I didn't know how to explain..they were thinking that I was the bf of their daughter whom I had been considering my daughter. " Honey..I know her ver well..he is not her bf..he is another man." The lady told to the man who was going mad on me..." Yes of course..I'm his father" I shouted.

" What ..then you and this man had a relationship..how can you do that to me he must be 15 years younger than you.." the man again become mad on the lady.

" O please..Are you insane? How could he be the father of our daughter? He must be less than 25 years and our daughter is 17 years old..I think he came here from a mental hospital." The lady shouted on him and then glared at me coldly.They were busy in fighting with each other and I got to know that this was not my family. They were someone else. 

" Hello Mr..can you please tell me where is the owner of this house..Mr Ayush sharma and his parents? " I asked him restlessly as I was dying to see my family. " Mr Ayush..you know him? His parents sold this house to our parents..after then I didn't see them." 

I was stunned. My parents would die but wouldn't agree to sell this bungalow as there were many memories of our forefathers.. " Why..?" " You don't know? Ayush sharma had murdered his physics professor and for his bail his parents sold this bungalow but unfortunately they lost the case... What a demon he was..he killed his professor only because he had scolded him in the college." 

I was shocked, sad , frustrated after listening this, I turned to leave but I heard a voice " Hey handsome.. would you mind to go for a dinner with me?" I glanced at the little girl who was trying to flirt with me whom I was considering my daughter few minutes ago. I didn't reply her and rushed out. I was in rage, disappointed,sad. I started pulling my hairs due to frustration, how much excited I was to see my future but at the end what did I find? People are remembering me as a murderer.How could I murder someone? I felt extremely bad for my parents. How much they would have suffered because of me. I shook my head and rushed towards the professor's home that had been transformed into a lab. Fortunately, I had stolen the identity card of a scientist, I went in easily and came in front of that machine again. I couldn't bear this that people will remember me as a murderer in future. I set the dates of present time and again pressed the ' start' button. Soon I felt like I'm grinding in a big machine like earlier and again everything changed around me and then I was back.

I started calling my professor but suddenly my shoes hitted something and I looked on the floor, I was stunned. Professor was lying on the floor dead. Someone had shot him by bullets. His body was filled with blood and his eyes were widely opened. I was scared now. I thought about future then recalled that I had touched many equipments there, then it was obvious that police will find my finger prints and arrest me for murdering my professor due to the small fight between us. " Shitt..what should I do now..?" I asked to myself then professor's word came to my mind that he would love to go in the past.

My hands and legs were shaking now because of this horrified scene but the fear that was haunting me more was being called a murderer in future. I again went in front of machine and set the time of today's morning when I rushed out of the class. Soon everything changed around me and I run towards the college and stood there where I was standing at that time. I saw that professor was going towards the principal office, may be he was going to complain about me. " Professor" I called him, he turned back. " Professor I wanted to tell you something.." I said while breathing faster but he glared me coldly. " Professor you won't believe but you are going to be murdered by someone at night and I'm going to jail in the accusation of murdering you." 

" How dare you..you are threatening me that you will murder me then go to jail?" He shouted at me. He took this wrong. I was telling him the future but he thought that I was threatening him. " No..you are taking me wrong..Someone else will murder you." I said firmly but he stared at me coldly and turned to leave.

 " Professor listen to me carefully..May be someone knows about your time machine idea and that's why he will kill you after stealing your idea..you don't have much time.you will be murdered tonight." I screamed 

" How did you know about my project huh.." he grabbed my collar while asking me. " I know everything professor, I have seen your secret lab and also the future..I travelled through your time machine." I said. " You must have watched a sci-fic movie again..Get out of here..I haven't made any time machine now..It's incomplete now then how could you travel through it." He pushed me away from his way and left.

I hit my head with wall out of frustration. This man was too stubborn. He didn't want to listen me. He didn't know he was going to be killed and not only that because of him, my whole family will suffer and I would be called a murderer in the future. He was as rude and arrogant as the professor Hunk of Ant man movie. I felt pity for Scott to endure the arrogance of Hunk as I was also experiencing the same because of this arrogant old man. At night , I was restless, frustrated, in rage because I know that at this time professor was going to be killed by someone. My subconscious mind was telling me to rush toward professor's home to save him but another voice was stopping me as if I go there but couldn't save him then I will be charged in the accusation of his murder. The night passed by twisting and turning in the bed and finally the sun risen.

I rushed towards the college and went straight to his class only to find that old arrogant man. When I entered the class I saw him giving lectures on Quantum physics. I can't explain in words how happy I was to see him there. May be it was the first time when I was happy to see that arrogant man. I walked up to him and hugged him. " Oh professor, You don't know how happy I 'm to see you alive." I said while whole class was staring at me blankly. He smiled " Why..? Were you thinking that I would be dead?" He winked at me and again said " Wait for me outside..I'm coming" 

I came out and waited for him eagerly and finally he came out. " Professor.." I greeted him, he smiled. " I know there would be many questions in your mind..but first of all I would like to thank you for saving my life. Yesterday , when you told about what you saw, I didn't believe you because my machine was not ready yet but at evening I figured out what I was missing in my machine and I finally got the point and could made my machine perfect but then I remembered what you told me at morning, I checked my lab and found that there were too many tracking devices and hidden cameras. Someone was monitoring me and I knew that he must be my old collogue who had known about my research and secret lab. If I hadn't checked that and completed my machine he would send his goons to kill me and stole my idea but as you had told me the future so I didn't complete the parts of my machine. Now I'm going to somewhere else to finish it and then I will register my name to the research department of our country..After that I won't care if I die.. " He explained me calmly and I took a sigh of relief. It meant that I changed the future and now I wouldn't be called a murderer in future..

" Quantum physics is really the king of physics, isn't it?" He said while winking at me.

August 29, 2020 09:25

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

20 comments

Leya Newi
11:26 Sep 23, 2020

This was really good. I really enjoyed the charcters, and how everything ended up playing out. It was well written, too. Lots of potential! Keep writing, Laiba!!!!

Reply

Laiba Noor
17:21 Sep 23, 2020

Thank you so much ☺

Reply

Leya Newi
00:46 Sep 24, 2020

Sorry it took me so long to tell you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
00:17 Sep 11, 2020

This story makes you think time travel is real and is being put into practice by people. It feels so realistic. I enjoyed every scene and the plot is great. There are grammatical errors, but they don't stop me from reading the whole story.

Reply

Laiba Noor
01:27 Sep 11, 2020

Thank you so much..!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Fay Winter
22:43 Sep 09, 2020

This was a great storyline Laiba! I loved it, it was funny and intense at the same time. Apart from the grammatical errors and some punctuation errors, I think this is a cool story

Reply

Laiba Noor
08:08 Sep 10, 2020

Thank you so much..I'm trying to improve myself ☺

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Milja Luomala
21:11 Sep 08, 2020

This was a really fun story! I really liked that you could see that the main characters personality was a bit impulsive and reckless but succeeded to work everything out at the end anyway! I just submitted my first story in reedsy for this same promt and I would be happy if you could read it and give some feedback! :)

Reply

Laiba Noor
01:32 Sep 09, 2020

Thank you so much for your feedback.. I would love to read yours in my free time. ☺

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Megan Sutherland
19:41 Sep 07, 2020

Great job, Laiba! I loved how descriptive you are. I have to assume English isn't your first language? I spotted some grammar errors, but maybe that's just your way of speaking.

Reply

Laiba Noor
08:13 Sep 10, 2020

Yes you are right..thanks for reading my story ☺

Reply

Megan Sutherland
10:35 Sep 10, 2020

of course!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Meggy House
12:13 Sep 05, 2020

Wow! What an enjoyable read. I loved how Ayush actually resolved the past and saved his professor. It was nice to see somebody succeed in taking control of their future. If you wouldn't mind, could you read one of my stories? This is my first time in a competition and I would love feedback! :)

Reply

Laiba Noor
12:42 Sep 05, 2020

I'm glad that you like my story.. I will definately read your stories in my free time.

Reply

Meggy House
12:44 Sep 05, 2020

Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate it.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
09:25 Sep 03, 2020

Wonderful!! Very funny

Reply

Laiba Noor
10:19 Sep 03, 2020

Thnkuhh ☺

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Shakil Ahmed
01:56 Aug 30, 2020

Amazing...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Jamela Faye
14:11 Aug 29, 2020

This is great! I love the plot and everything!

Reply

Laiba Noor
14:18 Aug 29, 2020

Thanks..

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.