0 comments

General

  Monday


  Amex vigorously rubbed his wrinkled hands. This was it! It had been so very long since he had gotten the chance to finally put something together. He didn't even notice the private smile that had crept onto his face just from thinking about that last spiral galaxy he had designed. 


  Oh the thunderous applause and cheers they had showered him with had lasted millennia. But since then it was 'Amex, help me fix this.' And 'Oh please Amex help me rework that.' Never his works mind you, but the result was the same nonetheless. Shop time lost out to teaching time. But now, finally, he was free! 


  And to think it took him this long to figure it out! All he had to do was hire an assistant. That was laugh out loud funny! Training him had gone quickly too. Now he finally had time to himself. Amex hummed a bit to himself as he lovingly laid his hands on his favorite tools. 


  One was missing! Oh yes, that's right, he had let the new assistant, HIS new assistant borrow it for a second. No matter, he thought. I'll have it back soon enough, 'Now where to start' he thought as he looked for an clear spot on the fabric of the universe. Another smile slid across his face as his eyes settled on an empty corner. Carefully he leaned in to begin the delicate stitching this work required. Lightly, ever so gently did he touch it when he heard the two sounds that suddenly made his blood run cold.


 RIIIIIIIIIP!


Followed by the faint assistant's voice.


'Oh Dear!'



 

October 08, 2019 04:34

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.