1 comment

Fiction Teens & Young Adult Sad

*TW: Talk of Suicide*

I walked towards the edge of the building. I wasn't going to do anything, I just wanted to visit the place where you tore my heart apart. I said I didn't want you. I said I don't need you. I lied. I had loved you. I just didn't know how to admit it.

Amira

"Good morning!" I said to my neighbor, Ms.Devonns. She looked back at me and smiled. I noticed that she had been gardening a lot lately. She had rows of beautiful flowers in her front yard, and delicious fruits that filled your mouth with a small taste of heaven each time you took a bite. It was wonderful. I was walking to school and saw Josh Willingham walking on the other side of the street. He was the most annoying person I have ever known. He looked at me and rolled his eyes. I gave him a disgusted look. It was petty, but I would rather he die hating me than liking me. A lot of people say that he has a crush on me, but I can not let that happen. I need to stay as far away from him as possible. If I don't, I will admit that I like him, and look like an idiot. It takes about 15 minutes to get to school, and 6 hours for school to end. Why they make it so long remains a mystery to me.

Josh

I walked up the stairs and finished my homework. I hated math. It was the worst thing in the world. I was horrible at it. Amira was good, but I wouldn't ask her for help. She hated me. I told her I had a crush on her in 3rd grade and ever since then, she tries to do anything to piss me off. Oh, yeah, we're in 11th grade now. It's been eight years and she's the same. Meanwhile, I got over her. In fact, I heard that Maddie Ashton likes me and is waiting for me to ask her out. As if. She's on the cheerleading team and only dates football and soccer players. Emphasis on players. It took me a long time to realize this, but you need to follow your heart.

3 days later

Amira

I walked into my history class and Josh was standing on a chair asking me to prom. There were rose petals scattered around the room and lights hanging around the walls. I looked at him and he asked me if I wanted to go with him. I ran out the door and into the girl's bathroom. I started crying for some reason and sunk to the floor. I put my knees up to my chest and started sobbing. I didn't know what was wrong. I didn't like Josh. He knew that. I told him straight up when he told me he liked me eight years ago. I was in the second stall from the door, and I heard three girls walk in. I peeked through the door crack and saw that it was Amy, the head cheerleader, and her minion, Maddie, and Celine. They were all excited and I managed to hear what they were talking about. I sunk lower to the floor and silent dears flooded my eyes.

Maddie

Where is she going? I saw Amira running out the door with tears in her eyes when I walked into the classroom. "Surprise!" I heard the class yell. There were roses all over the floor and lights all over the walls. It was super romantic. Josh came up to me and asked me to go to prom with him. Of course, I said yes because I had been waiting for him to ask me out for ages. He gave me a hug and I went to the bathroom, where I met up with Amy and Celine. We went into the bathroom to fix our makeup and I told them all about Josh and how cute he was.

On the way out, I stopped to look in the mirror and saw Amira come out of the stall and wash her face. I went up to her and asked her what was wrong and she said that she accidentally got a staple stuck in her finger. "You should go to the nurse," I said. She looked down at the floor and said, "I already, got it out. Please don't tell anyone." I looked at her confused. "That you didn't go to the nurse?" She looked up at me quickly. "No, that I was crying. It's so embarrassing." I realized then. She didn't want everybody to know that she had cried. Obviously, I had to tell Amy and *Clementine* about it. They would love this gossip.

(***MADDIE GETS NAMES MIXED UP*** She is talking about CELINE***)

Josh

Damn it. You made her cry. Dumbass. I walked around the hall looking for Amira. I finally saw her coming out of the girl's restroom. "Amira! I didn't mean to make you cry. I'm sorry. It was for Maddie, I wasn't expecting you to come in." She stared at me in shock. "I'm right here if you need me." She looked up at me and started screaming. "I wasn't crying because of you! I don't want you!

I. DON'T. NEED. YOU! Why don't you just go back to your precious little bitch, Maddie?"

I looked up at her in confusion. What did she mean by not wanting me? I-I didn't know I hurt her. She told me she didn't like me. Then I looked back these couple of years and noticed how much she smiled when I looked at her. And how her friends told me to get her something good for Valentine's day. And how she made me smile every time I looked at her. And...and how I broke her heart.

She ran out the door and I went back to the classroom. I told Maddie that I couldn't go with her to Prom because I was busy. She got mad at me too. But I expected that. I went home and thought about all the times I broke Amira's heart, who might just be the only girl in the world that I'm positive I love. I let my stubbornness get the best of me. And know she hates me.

I couldn't live with that thought. I would be able to get many girlfriends but I would never love them more. I would have to watch her get a boyfriend. Fall in love. And I would have to watch the girl I love, fall in love with someone else. I know a lot of you will think I overreacted. But at that moment, all I felt was heartbreak.

I don't remember exactly what happened. I just remember wishing that a guy would love Amira as much as I loved her.

Amira

"No!" I sank down to the floor and started sobbing. It went on for so long that I couldn't breathe anymore. Soon enough, the sobs turned into silent shudders. I started calming down a little bit, but I knew that the paint would never go away. I didn't believe it. I COULDN'T believe it. I shouldn't have said those things. I didn't mean them. And look where that got me. I grabbed my jacket and headed out. It was dark outside and the lights all over the city were on. I went to the building. My teacher had announced this to everyone in the class. I ran up the stairs to the rooftop. This. This is where it happened. I never got to say the words. Goodbye. Not just that. but. I love you.

May 14, 2021 18:32

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Violetta Venezia
17:49 May 25, 2021

Comments some suggestions and thoughts about my story!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.