2 comments

Creative Nonfiction Fiction Inspirational

The archeress bow the story will be in long dialogue, like a play.


Flashback:


“Pull back.....slowly.....and.....FIRE”!


“THUNK” 


“Yes, bullseye”


“Nice shot, Anastasia, you know hitting a bullseye like that is gonna get you somewhere someday”.


“I know that and thank you, not to mention this isn’t the first bullseye I’ve made”.


“You are literally the best archeress I’ve ever known and met”.


“Haha I’m the only archeress you’ve ever met and I’m probably gonna be the only one you know that can hit 4 bullseyes in a row”.


“That’s true, I mean who could every be as good as you”.


“Guess we’ll never know, huh?”


“Nope I guess not, haha”

 

[12 years later]


“Omg Anastasia, I’m so excited for you, I hope your not nervous or anything, wait of course your not nervous you my daughter....”


“Mom”


“Like I can’t my baby is going to her dream school and on top of things, competing in a archery tournament “.


“Mom, calm down”.


“Oh haha, I’m sorry sweetie, I’m just so excited for you , you’ve been practicing for quite a while now, well ever since you were 7 years old, and even then you were the best”.


“Was the best and still is the best.”


“ of course, but don’t get caught up in gloating or anything, that make you have a bad name”.


“Forget a bad name Mom, she needs to get another bow and arrow, that one is close to snapping in half”.


“Be quiet Daphne, I don’t need another bow and arrow, mine is just fine how it is”.


“Jesus Anastasia , you’ve had it since you were 7, you really should try to get one of those mechanical bow and arrows, they can help you get at least 7 bullseyes in a row “


“Thanks for the offer but I’m not interested, I’ll ride it out with my bow until it snaps in half or crumbles into dust”.


“Mom, she’s gonna embarrass herself at the tournament, that stupid old bow is gonna break and she’s just gonna be looking at us with a stupid expression on her face “.


“Shut up Daphne, why do you have to make everything about you?”


“I’m not, I’m just saying your gonna give our family a bad name by embarrassing us”.


“Daphne,stop putting your sister down, you should be grateful for her, that she was even give this opportunity”.


“She’s probably just mad because she couldn’t get into nail school”.


“What was that”.


“Oh nothing, I didn’t say anything “.


“Enough arguing you too,now Anastasia, make sure your stuff is ready and start putting it in the car, we don’t wanna be late, you know first comes first serve”.


“Alright mom”


[15 minutes later, after putting her items in the car]


“Alright mom, I’m ready to go “


“Coming”


“See ya Anastaaaaasia”


[later that car ride to the airport]


“Alright Anastasia, this is your big moment, you’ve been waiting for this, nearly your entire life”.


“I know mom, I’m very excited”.


“I don’t want you putting too much pressure on yourself and I don’t want you to put yourself down if you mess up”.


“Mom trust me, I’ll never put myself over any situation, I am a fighter and I’m going to keep going no matter What, if my bow breaks, I’ll fix it, if I mess up, I’ll get back up and retry, if someone tells me I can’t do, I’m gonna prove them wrong”.


“That’s my girl, so courageous and independent, I love that about you “.


“We can thank dad for that one”.


“Definitely, we sure can.”


[At The airport]


“Alright Anastasia, you got this, right?”


“Yes, mom i got this, don’t worry as soon at I get off the plane, I’ll call you right away, I promise “.


“Okay baby I love you so much, be safe and don’t forget to call me”.


“Love you too mom”.


[after her mom leaves]



“Alright let’s do this”.


“Ma’am please place all items in the trey and walk through the metal detector “.


“Okay”


“Thank you, here’s ticket, you may have a seat”.


“Thank you”.


[after short dialogue]


“Now boarding to San Francisco, can those who are boarding this plane, please make their way to the gates, last call for the flight to San Francisco “.


“Looks like that’s my flight”.


“Ma’am can I have your ticket please?”


“Of course”.


“Um ma’am what’s that large object in your bag?”


“Oh haha that’s my bow and arrow, I’m going to San Francisco to compete”.


“Oh terribly sorry ma’am”.


“No need to say sorry, your just doing your job”.


“Well sorry to keep you waiting, you may board the flight and good luck with your competition”.


[On the plane]


“Is this seat taken?”


“Oh no you may sit here”.


“Thank you very much”.


[after the plane ride]


“Hey mom I made it safely “.


“Oh thank Jesus, are you okay, are you hurt, did you vomit or something “?


“Mother calm down, I am fine, I am safe , and no I did not vomit”.


“Okay that’s good, well I’m glad your okay,I’ll let you get to the school, have fun sweetie”.


[At the Campus]


“Please sign your name on the clipboard, I’ll get to you in a second “.


“Actually ma’am I can’t wait, I’m....”


“Miss it’s not that simple,just sign your name and take a.....oh your here for the tuition and the archery tournament “.


“Yes I am”.


“Go down the hallway and through the double doors, after you do so go to the tables with and give the lady with red hair your name, and take a seat and wait “.


“Thank you”.


[in the auditorium]


“How may we help you today”?


“I’m here for the archery tournament and to attend school”.


“Oh that’s great to hear , what’s your name”?


“Anastasia Trinidad”.


“Here you are, wow you’ve been doing archery since you were 7, that’s amazing,well here’s your key to your dorm room, have fun”.


“Thank you”.


[In the dorm]


“oh hey I didn’t realize anybody else was here”.


“Yeah it’s okay just put your stuff on the opposite side”.


“Okay than.... wait Do I know you “?


“Um I wouldn’t thin.... omg ANESTEASIA”!


“Nicole oh wow I didn’t know you were here , I never knew you liked archery “.


“Yeah well after you moved, I thought I would take up archery so I could remember you “.


“Awe that’s so sweet, well I’m glad we’re roommates”.


“So am I”.


“Hey Nicole, you ready for target practice”?


“Yeah sure”.


“Oh what’s target practice”


“Um who is she”?


“She is one of childhood friends, she does archery too”.


“Mhm how can you do archery with a crusty bow like that”


“Right, like it’s old and crusty”.


“Guys that’s unnecessary, now come on, we gotta get to practice, Anastasia you can come with us”.


“Okay,I’ll grab my bow”.


(Whispers) “I can’t believe she calls that a bow”


“Well this is gonna be interesting “.


[At Practice]


“Alright ladies and gentlemen, as you know the tournament is in 3 days people, 3, now according to your records, you guys are already know what’s up, so therefore I’m not gonna wipe the tears off your face if you fail, nor am I gonna baby you when your bow breaks, do what you gotta do and get it done right,do I make myself clear”?


(All) “yes ma’am”.


“Ms. Anastasia, can you come here for moment”?


“Um sure, how can I help you “?


“I noticed that your bow is a little bit old, um how about we switch that out for one of our more advanced electronic bows, it even comes with motion and aim bot arrows”?


“Um no thanks, I like my bow, it’s good luck”.


“Okay if you say so”.


[fast forwarding to the next day at practice]



“Alright people, ready....aim.....FIRE”!


“THUNK,THUNK,THUNK,THUNK”


“What the..., how did she do that”?


“Well well Anastasia, I see you really know how to use a bow and arrow”.


“I’ve been doing this since I was 7,I know what I’m doing”.


[later at the dorm]


“Anastasia that was amazing ,I didn’t know you could still do that”.


(Chuckles)“Mhm little do you know , I kept playing and practicing even after we moved “.


“I’m so proud that you did”.


(Door slams open)


“Listen here Trinidad, if you think you can get on the coach’s good side and ruin my future career, I will destroy you”.


“Sky, calm down, it’s not her fault that she’s good”.


“Oh I know it’s not her fault, it’s that stupid bow, but don’t worry, I’ll fix that problem “.


“Yeah we’ll see, I’d like to see you try to get close to my bow, it’ll be a bullseye right in your forehead”.


“Oh you wanna play that, I’m watching you, Trinidad”.


“Don’t worry about her, she has serious jealousy issues “.


“I’m not gonna worry about her, I’m just gonna worry about winning and that’s all”.


“Hm once I champ, always a champ”.


“Exactly “.


[ Last day of practice]


“No time to talk, everybody get started, not you Anastasia,I need you to come with me for a second”.


“Um okay”


[In her office]


“So I heard you were making threats towards sky”


“Yeah but that’s only because.....”.


“I don’t wanna hear it, your not practicing today, and your lucky I don’t suspend you from the tournament “.


“Do I make myself clear”?


“Yes ma’am”.


[back at the dorm]


“What happened with you and the coach”?


“I don’t wanna talk about it “.


“Come on Trinidad “.


“I said I don’t..... wait a minute, did you just call me Trinidad“?


“I didn’t mean too,it was an accident “.


“Yeah okay whatever”.


“So can you tell me about what happened with the coach”?


“She said she would have suspended me from the tournament because I threatened   Sky”.


“Well that’s kind of touch”. 


“Oh you don’t say”.


“Things will be fine tomorrow , once the tournament is over we will see who gets that scholarship”.


“Yeah okay”.


“Come on cheer up, get some rest, we have a big day tomorrow “.


“Alright goodnight”.


[later that day at the tournament]


“Alllrightt lady’s and gentlemen  get ready for San Francisco’s 8th archery tournament “.


“In this tournament, we will be shooting different things at different distances, and since we have our new electrical bow and arrows”. 


“Now will that being said, let’s get started! First up we have sky chevapreva , in her first attempt she will shoot that apple with one arrow , the distance will be 400 ft from her, are you ready”?


“Born ready”.


“whoooooooosh THUNK”


“And she hit it, that’s one point for sky”.


(Audience cheering)


“Next up, we have Nicole lee Anderson, are you ready”?


“Yep”



“Whoooooooosh THUNK”


“And she hits it, nice job, again give it up for Nicole”.


“Up next,is a new competitor, please give a hand for Anastasia Padilla Trinidad “!


“Whoooooosh, THUNK”


“And she made it, great job, that ties up our knots for the first round, let’s move onto the second”.


[second round]


“Now for the second round, their are arrows placed at the center of the target, let’s see how strong their arrows are”.


[Up first Nicole]


“Come on, come on, come on,....”.


“Dang it”.


[Up second Sky]


“Amateurs, let a pro show you how to do it”.


“Wait are you kidding me”.


[lastly Anastasia]


“Come on arrow, you got this”.


“THUNK” 


“Yes,that’s what’s up” 


“Wow folks, I have never seen anything like this before, can I wooden bow and arrow really overpower a electrical one”?


“No way, I am not gonna let some rookie from California beat me, I got an idea”.


“Alright, this is the last challenge of the competition, for this each player is given or has their own extra bows”.


“In this, each player would have to get a bullseye, three times in a row “.


“Up first, we have Anastasia”.


“Nicole, I need you to trip her”.


“What”?


“I said go trip her”.


“No, are you crazy”?


“Do it, or I’ll lie and say you cheat”.


“Fine”.


“THUD....SNAP”


“Dude,she just tripped me”.


“No She didn’t, she fell, she just trying to get people eliminated “.


“No she’s not, I did trip, only because you told me too”.


“Ooohhh that’s not good, folks, therefore Nicole lee Anderson and Sky chevapreva are officially eliminated”.


“Are you serous, now how am I gonna explain this to my parents”.


“Alright lady’s and gents , if Anastasia can make this shot, she will win the tournament “.


“Are you ready, ms.lady”?


“I’m ready”.


“Ready......Set.......FIRE”.


“THUD....THUD.....THUD”


“And she did it, Anastasia has won the tournament”!


(Crowd cheering)


“Here’s your trophy ma’am”.


“Thank you so much,it is a honor”.


“Let’s take a picture everyday “.


“On three, one...two...three”.


“CLICK”



[present day]


“Hey mommy who’s she”.


“Oh well ms. Lady that’s A. Padilla Trinidad, she was famous at a young age for competing in a archery tournament and she won , using a wooden bow and arrow “.


“Wow that’s so cool”.


“Yes I know”.


“Wait mommy she has the same bow as you and you kinda look like her”.


“Well well , you little observer, let’s observe at home”.


“Okay but mommy why did she have a wood bow and arrow and not an electrical one”?


“Because it was her good luck bow,she always used it”


“Wait she has the same last name as us, are we related to her”?


“Okay your observing a little too much time to head home”.


“Okay mama”.


“You know Trinidad had a nickname for her and her bow right”?


“Oooh what was it”?


“ The Archeress and her bow”.

January 23, 2021 00:07

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Beth Connor
16:44 Feb 04, 2021

I loved you take on the prompt! Telling a whole story with dialogue is hard. Great job!!

Reply

A. Nelson
17:24 Feb 04, 2021

Thank you 😊! I really appreciate the feedback

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.