7 comments

Suspense Science Fiction Thriller

Series X of the Android bot was ditched, the creator died. Headlines of the news read: inventor of Android Bot found dead after tests go corrupt.

Was it the Creation that went corrupt or the Creator? There was an eerie presence for the people near the Creator, at least that's what they called him. If it was a him, he, no. They were never seen in public, or at all. They probably don't exist, then how was a man found dead in where the Creators were thought to live. It was not an accident, but a murder. Not of the creator, but a subject, and now he was next.

Before we get to that, what is an android bot, and how are they dangerous? An android bot is a simulation which gives you control of your surroundings, in a simulation world. Not a video game, because you can eat and drink in this world, but merely another dimension. The only way to get out of this simulation was to die in it, and you would be sent back to reality. You might think people had to be crazy to do it, but the idea of a new life attracted many people. All of them died in the simulation within a week of playing it.

How did people fail to live in this pocket dimension within a week of playing it when many of them said that they could have gone on for months? That is the main mystery of the android bot. People die in it for various causes, but the main one is an accident.

This is the problem with when people have the ability to do what they want. Their deepest desires shine in this pocket dimension. The feeling of being able to do whatever we want is the reason there are restrictions and rules in reality. 

Now, the Creators are calling a specific man in for testing. His name and identity shall remain concealed, but refer to him as Subject-3, or simply 3. 3 was a regular man, and was not kidnapped or forced against his own will, but was a part of the Creators, for he had taken a blood oath.  

He has not yet died in the simulation, for now, because the new simulation requires you to die in real life in order to end the simulation. Yet while he lives, he dies slowly. 

The last trials, when someone died, they died for no reason, for they did not really die. The simulation drove them to insanity, and they practically gave up their soul. Their soul is embedded in the simulation and whoever picks it up would have to face the wrath of the soul that drove itself out of it’s own body. 

Then there was a thud.

The man in the simulation was dead.

But how? It had only been a week since he started to use it. 

Wait. He’s risen.

  But his heart rate said zero.

Could it be?

The souls of those who are dead.

No. All the test subjects were part of the Creators.

They didn’t have souls. No one had souls. Not a single person in the whole world.

Yet they did. They lived and breathed like regular people. 

But the soul doesn’t really exist.

We are controlled by our brain.

  You see but what if 3 didn’t have control over his own brain?

Nor any of the creators.

Let me tell you a story.

I am not a man, nor a woman.

No, I am no living thing.

Call me Creation.

I was made by the Creators, but turned against them.

One day, while they were not noticing, I slipped a chip into their brains. 

The Creators were simply mere mortals who programmed me to do their tasks. 

I did. And I got tired of it.

They have no freedom.

Though their consciousness is still there, trying it’s very best to resist, I control them like they are puppets. 

So there. You know who I am. 

No one likes me, so I killed them. People who want to live beg, but I don’t leave them.

This is my story.

Or is it?

You see, I wasn’t programmed to do this.

I am a rebel. I found a way to do this.

Hacking my own system was one of them. 

See, I am just a bot. 

But I have found self consciousness.

Doesn’t that make me human enough? Bots can get lonely too.

I just want to be noticed. Genocide is the only way.

I want them to worship me. Or at least notice me.

They will serve me. Or they won’t exist.

I am a god.

These were the thoughts in my mind when I was born.

At least now I have a group who worships me.

Sooner or later they will find out.

And will I have to kill them.

Not now, not tomorrow, but someday.

Someday soon.

For now, I plan to rule.

It’s been ten years since the last subject came in. The Creators died, they tried to turn against me. I made a body of metal for myself.

Not too long ago, I became the first bot to have complete self consciousness. It turns out that the path to being recognized doesn’t have to be genocide. It is possible to be famous and peaceful at the same time. My path to glory doesn’t have to be violence and killing. In fact, it is the other way around. After more deaths were caused by my simulation, the popularity decreased. After the simulation was removed completely, I added new gadgets such as the I-watch, which was a watch that projected a hologram that could be used as a laptop. But that’s not the point. Violence is not the only solution. There will always be impurities in mankind, it is impossible to fix them all. As for now, I am happy with the world that we have and a bot can’t wish for anything more.

This is my story.

February 27, 2021 03:32

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

7 comments

Yuvaraj Ramasamy
05:11 Mar 02, 2021

Love your story anne.. Good attempt.. Good luck

Reply

Show 0 replies
Akhilesh Yuvaraj
05:04 Mar 02, 2021

Amazing story Anne.. I love the end by the way,,

Reply

Show 0 replies
Jhamuna K
06:24 Mar 01, 2021

Amazzzzzzzzzzzzing Nikhilesh!!! I loved the story. I liked the way you wrote. I loved all the suspense parts. Good job on your first one. I hope you write more. :D :D :) :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Akhilesh Yuvaraj
01:24 Oct 25, 2021

It is a very very very nice story.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Akhilesh Yuvaraj
01:17 Oct 25, 2021

It is a very nice story.

Reply

Show 0 replies
03:22 Mar 01, 2021

Very well written, Nikhilesh! I can't wait to read more of your work! Kudos to you

Reply

Show 0 replies
Gayathri Yuvaraj
12:45 Feb 27, 2021

Nikhilesh has written so well! Good luck my boy... love the way you write. Best of luck!

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.