1 comment

Fantasy Fiction Funny

Some time ago there were two goats that, anxious to live in opportunity, left their particular rushes and went down the mountains, on various sides, to the edge of a waterway. 

By an unusual fortuitous event, the two goats ended up on various sides of the waterway, isolated by a tree trunk that was an extension over the width of the stream. 

The storage compartment was excessively tight and only each creature or individual could pass in turn. 

The two goats, taken a gander at one another, and as difficult and obstinate as they were, chose to travel through the storage compartment simultaneously. 

When crossing the storage compartment, the two goats got themselves eye to eye in the storage compartment. Be that as it may, neither of them needed to offer path to the next. 

Furthermore, there they remained for quite a long time with no rewind, until at a specific second, the storage compartment started to break because of the heaviness of the goats, and they wound up falling into the waterway.

Some time ago there were two goats that, anxious to live in opportunity, left their particular rushes and went down the mountains, on various sides, to the edge of a waterway. 

By an unusual fortuitous event, the two goats ended up on various sides of the waterway, isolated by a tree trunk that was an extension over the width of the stream. 

The storage compartment was excessively tight and only each creature or individual could pass in turn. 

The two goats, taken a gander at one another, and as difficult and obstinate as they were, chose to travel through the storage compartment simultaneously. 

When crossing the storage compartment, the two goats got themselves eye to eye in the storage compartment. Be that as it may, neither of them needed to offer path to the next. 

Furthermore, there they remained for quite a long time with no rewind, until at a specific second, the storage compartment started to break because of the heaviness of the goats, and they wound up falling into the waterway.

Once upon a time, there was a forest. That forest contained many animals. There lived a hunter. He loved hunting rabbits, because he loved the rabbit meat.

Many a time he was advised by his friends to give up hunting in general and hunting the rabbits in particular. “You should stop being cruel to animals," said his friends. “I know what I am doing. Please do not advise me," shouted the hunter, annoyed.

One sunny afternoon, the hunter was busy preparing to go on another hunting expedition. Just then a saint happened to pass by. Seeing the hunter holding a rope, a spear, a knife and a net, the saint said to the hunter, “It seems to me you are going to catch an animal."

“Yes, I am going to catch a rabbit in the forest," replied the hunter.

“But what will you do with the rabbit?" asked the saint.

“I will cut its throat, roast it and eat it up. Will you stop me?" asked the hunter.

The raw behavior of the hunter irritated the saint. “No, my son! I only wanted to tell you that killing innocent animals is a sin. All sinners get punished some day in their lives," said the humble saint.

The hunter yelled back at the saint, “let me see who comes to punish me." And he left in anger. The saint smiled and sat there is meditation.

After some time, the hunter was back. He was holding a rabbit by its ears. “Ha! Ha! See I have caught my prey. Now I will cut its throat and roast it right in front of you. No one will come to punish me," he said to the still meditating saint. Just as the hunter was about to raise his knife, it slipped out of his hand and landed on his foot. “Yieee!" he screamed, letting go of the rabbit. The rabbit ran away.

The hunter’s foot was badly cut. He was in pain. It was bleeding profusely. But the hunter knew that what happened was nothing but the divine justice. “I have now realized how cruel and stubborn I have been. I will give up hunting completely," said the hunter to the saint.

The hunter thanked the saint for the wise words and went on his way. The saint was happy that the hunter gave up hunting. The hunter became a civilized man and lived a righteous life.

Two goats came face to face while crossing a narrow bridge. “Let me pass”, said one of them. “Never, you get out of my way”, said the other goat. They quarrel each other and lost their balance.

They fell into the stream down below and died!

A few days later another two goats came face to face while crossing the same bridge. Both these goats were wise and patient.

They made way for each other to cross the narrow bridge. Both reached their home safely.

Once, there lived a pious Priest in a small village. He was very innocent and simple minded person, used to perform religious rituals. On one occasion, he was rewarded with the goat for his services by a wealthy man. The Priest was happy to get a goat as the reward. He happily slung the goat over his shoulder and began the journey towards his home. On the way, three cheats (Thugs) saw the Priest taking the goat.

All of them were lazy and wanted to cheat the Priest so that they could take away the goat. They said, “This goat will make a delicious meal for all of us. Let’s somehow get it”. They discussed the matter amongst themselves and devised a plan to get the goat by fooling the Priest. After deciding the plan, they got separated from one another and took different hiding positions at three different places on the way of the Priest.

As soon as, the Priest arrived at a lonely place, one of the cheats came out of his hiding place and asked Priest in a shocking manner, “Sir, what are you doing? I don’t understand why a pious man like you needs to carry a dog on his shoulders?” The Priest was surprised to hear such words. He screamed, “Can’t you see? It’s not a dog but a goat, you stupid fool”. The cheat replied, “Sir, I beg your pardon. I told you what I saw. I am sorry if you don’t believe it”. The Priest was annoyed at the discrepancy but started his journey once again.

The Priest had barely walked a distance, when another cheat came out of his hiding place and asked the Priest, “Sir, why do you carry a dead calf on your shoulders? You seem to be a wise person. Such an act is pure stupidity on your part”. The Priest yelled, “What? How can you mistake a living goat for a dead calf?” The second cheat replied, “Sir, you seem to be highly mistaken in this regard. Either you don’t know how does goat look like or you are doing it knowingly. I just told you what I saw. Thank you”. The second cheat went away smiling. The Priest got confused but continued to walk further.

Again the Priest had covered a little distance when the third cheat met him. The third cheat asked laughingly, “Sir, why do you carry a donkey on your shoulders? It makes you a laughing stock”. Hearing the words of the third thug, the Priest became really worried. He started thinking, “Is it really not a goat? Is it some kind of a ghost?”

He thought that the animal he was carrying on his shoulders might really be some sort of ghost, because it transformed itself from the goat into a dog, from a dog into a dead calf and from dead calf into a donkey. The Priest got frightened to such an extent that he hurled the goat on the roadside and ran away. The three tricksters laughed at the gullible Priest. They caught the goat and were happy to feast on it.

May 18, 2021 05:06

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Charlie Murphy
23:37 May 25, 2021

In my opinion, your story doesn't make much sense, but great job! I like it!! =]

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.