0 comments

Fiction Funny Drama

Exactly, 8 hours, 23 minutes, and 39 seconds till I release the ultimate prank: drenching the principal with ice-cold water! It's only going to be the best prank of all time! I can almost taste the victory already.


You Don't Know Rotten Roberto

Now, I know what your thinking; why on earth would you want to wet your principal? Well, you haven't met Principal Roberto. Nasty, despicable, unfair, and completely oblivious to his own attitude. It's time to teach that monster a lesson.

 

Ever since the start of last year, I've been waiting for this day. He's made me spend, like, a billion hours after school in detention. I mean, it's not my fault that he blows off every time he sits on his chair, he should look more often. It wouldn't be hard to see it, it's bright pink for crying out loud!


Just over one week ago, he went bananas when his new ringtone went off in the middle of his 'no cellphone', talk. I knew I shouldn't have done it, but how could I have known that he would find out it was me who changed it to; I am dumb, I am dumb, I am dumb. At least his ringtone tells the truth now.


Anyway, after the assembly/lecture/snooze-fest was over, Rotten Roberto called me into his office. As soon as that door closes, you're basically in jail. As soon as I was locked into the dreaded jail cell, a lecture about something called 'manners', started.


The only time I listened in that talk, was when he first sat down on his chair.


Ah, the magic of whoopie cushions.


The plan

Alright, now that you're up to date, we can continue the story. In fact, it's time for me to return to the feared place that people call 'school'. Today is the day. The day that I drench the principal with ice-cold water.


Ok, so here's what's going to happen: I am going to sprint to school,

get there super early, (before all of the teachers) and get into the hall ASAP.


Why would I need to get into the hall you ask, Rotten Roberto decided that he would do a talk to the whole school about manners. If his goal is to bore them to death, he is going to achieve it really easily.


I am doing this for three reasons: payback, vengeance, and revenge, sweet, sweet, revenge.


When I arrived in the hall, all I needed to do was prepare the prank.


Gathering the list

  • 2x Rope
  • Bucket
  • Water

That was the list. First I needed to get the ropes, good thing I pre-packed. I grabbed the thick rope and began to climb up to the top of the stage where the lights were. I attached the rope to a piece of sturdy wood and let it hang down behind the curtain.


I slid down the rope and set out to find the cleaner's closet. In five minutes flat, I had navigated my way around the school and found the closet. I snatched a bucket and silently closed the door behind me.


Next, I ran to the fountain; I turned the tap around to the coldest it could go and carefully (so it wouldn't squeak) pushed the button to make the water flow.


Halfway through filling the bucket, I heard a car screech in.


Oh no!


I pressed the button even harder. Soon the bucket was full, but the school door opened as well!


By All Means, RUN

My heart froze, no not because of the water, but because Rotten Roberto was looking my way. He squinted hard, I pressed harder and closer against the library door.


Slowly, Rotten Roberto shook his head and shuffled into his office. He shut the door. I gasped with relief. I started to make my way back to the hall when I heard the school door swing open.


I had forgotten about the teachers!


By now I knew I couldn't give up. I knew that I also couldn't panic. However, I wasn't going to stand there and await my doom. Suddenly, I had an idea that could save me.


I did not hesitate to sprint down the hallways, and skid around all of the corners till I reached the gym. I threw open the doors at the same time that all of the other students arrived.


Finally, it came to me that they would all be coming to the gym for the assembly, and so would Rotten Roberto, right now!


Ready to go

I screech into the hall, not even bothering to see if anyone was there, I scramble up the rope with the bucket. I ticked everything off my list and everything was finally set.


Just in time.


All of a sudden, I remembered that my bag is sitting in the middle of the hall! Rotten Roberto and all of the students are about to stampeded in too! There was only one choice. I speed down the rope, throw my bag out the window, into the car park. At this same time, I sprint to the rope and start to climb.


Rotten Roberto flung open the doors at the same time I skid behind the curtain. As quiet as a mouse I cautiously inch up the rope. I reach the top, and Rotten Roberto goes to the center of the stage.


He squashes my Whoopie Cousin. I smiled silently to myself.


Drenched Roberto

Rotten Roberto begins his speech on manners, and I was ready to become history! The best prank ever was about to be revealed. He started off with his opening speech, basically saying how good we are doing so far this year except for 10 million things that we had done wrong as students, it took ages.


This was it: 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, and...


I give the bucket a great shove, almost in slow motion the bucket fell.

Splash!

A smile crept across my face as gasps and laughter fill the hall.


I had got my revenge, my sweet, sweet, revenge.


Finally!

March 28, 2021 05:19

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.