4 comments

Friendship Kids Science Fiction



It was an important day for the sisters at Critter Cove. They had to get ready for their very first Tea party with the Princess. Abbie, the oldest, had put out a white round table with crystal clear tea cups and thin silver spoons, the perfect size for tea sugar cubes. The warm humming light from the candles she had placed at the center of the table shined ever so slightly off the spoons and tea cups. Using her fluffy tail to dust off the mushroom chairs around her table she sighed with relief. One table down, one to go. Turning around to see if her sister Sarah had finished her table. Her eyes were met with so many colors that they almost bled together. Pink drapes hung off the table with purple paper plates and yellow roses at the center of the table. Wooden stick chairs that seemed to be hand made circled the color popping table. This was not what Abbie wanted for the Princess. She was sure the princess needed perfection and this was not it.


Sarah skipping out of the kitchen holding muffins with pink sprinkles noticed Abbie staring at her table. Looking passed her she seen Abbie's table. It was so plain and neat looking. No color or joy was met by that table. She hated it and knew the princess wouldn't have any fun at that table. As Abbie disappeared to the closet, where all their decorations were, Sarah decided to put the Muffins on Abbie's table. She thought at least this would bring some color to this boring tea party. Happy with her work she went back to the kitchen to get more Muffins for her table.


Abbie had to get something for Sarah's table. It was so messy and just not fit for a princess. Looking through all their supplies she found a beautiful napkin set. It sparkled white and had diamonds on the edge stitching. This would make it look a little better she thought as she grabbed them and went to Sarah's table. Placing them ever so gently on each purple paper plate. Proud of adding some perfection to the table she looked at the time. The princess would be there any minute. She needed to bring the tea out fast. Turning to run to the kitchen a sparkle hit the corner of her eye from her table. Unsure of what would be so shiny on her table she looked closer and seen Sarah's Muffins with pink shinning sprinkles. "No no no." she thought. "This will ruin my table!" Grabbing the muffins she spun around to put them back in the kitchen when she tripped on her own tail. Sending the muffins flying in the air and landing on Sarah's table. Muffins and pink sparkles scattered everywhere on Sarah's table and chairs. Frantically, looking at the clock, she realized she had no time to clean up. The princess needed at least one table and it wasn't going to be that one. She got up and ran into the kitchen to grab the Tea Kettles passing by Sarah as she brought out more Muffins. Walking up to her table Sarah noticed the huge mess all over the place. Her table was covered in broken muffins. Upset with her sister ruining her table, she grabbed one end of her table and started to push it where Abbie's table was. The lighting was better there maybe it would save her table from the disaster her sister made.


Coming out of the kitchen Abbie saw Sarah pushing her table out of the spot light. With a huff Abbie ran over placing down the tea kettles on her table. She began to push her table back into the light. Now Abbie and Sarah were pushing their tables back and forth wanting to have the best table spot for tea with the princess. The drapes on Sarah's table began to tear as she pushed harder. Abbie's crystal tea cups fell over and some even rolled onto the floor breaking. Getting more and more upset the two sisters were about to push even harder when the princess walked in.


Tall and slender the princess walked in with a blue long dress covered in diamonds that flowed down to the floor. A top her head was a crown with purple and pink sparkling crystals. Hands folded above her waist she walked over to the sisters. The two sisters jumped from their tables as they seen the princess and looked down at what they did. Embarrassed and upset they turned away from each other. The princess smiled and walked passed them grabbing one of the homemade chairs Sarah had made just for the tea party. She then walked over to the tables placing the chair in the middle of both tables. Brushing muffins off the chair she sat down and grabbed one of Abbie's crystal tea cups. The princess liked both the tables and seen how upset the sisters were. Clearing her throat she reached across the table trying to grab one of Sarah's muffins. Peaking over her shoulder Sarah seen the princess trying to grab one of her muffins. Spinning around she helped the princess and got her one. Smiling the princess motioned her to take a seat with her.


As Sarah slid over a chair to sit down, Abbie turned around to see the princess holding her crystal tea cup as she poured tea in it from the tea kettle. The princess looked up at her and then looked down at one of Abbie's mushroom chairs. Abbie grabbed her mushroom chair and sat down at the table. Looking around at the huge mess the two sisters have made the princess started to laugh. Abbie looked at Sarah tilting her head. Sarah looked down at the table grabbing one of Abbie's crystal tea cups that had rolled to her side of the table. Laughing she looked up at Abbie and said, "Your crystal tea cup fits perfectly on my table." Smiling at Sarah, Abbie grabbed a muffin from her side of the table. "Your muffins do bring light to my table." The princess then raised her crystal tea cup and said, "Tea anyone?" They all laughed and poured each other tea. Spending the rest of their day eating muffins and planning out their next tea party together.

January 11, 2022 19:23

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

Dustin Gillham
22:55 Jan 20, 2022

Great first submission Candi. Keep up the great work.

Reply

Candi Spirit
05:43 Jan 21, 2022

Thank you :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Ciara Rigsby
21:01 Feb 08, 2022

Also, great submission I'd like to see more of these from you.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Ciara Rigsby
21:00 Feb 08, 2022

This story is a type of story that makes me feel like when you try to make everything perfect you overdo it and it all goes wrong but then you realize that it turned out right after all.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.