7 comments

Mystery Suspense

After nearly a month of planning they think their ready. Ready to fix everything for everyone. Their doing this to make this city better than it is now. And more a safe Environment. What will they do first?

“Guys it's time. We need to look for the last person that didn't get caught when the whole town did.” 

“I agree. We need to get this done and over with.” Thomas agreed with Kade.

“Guys you said we had everything planned out, but you never planned out how we're going to find the person.” Gabby said.

Kade and Thomas looked at each other like idiots.

“Well, this is wonderful.” Thomas said sarcastically.

“hey, come on guys we can simply go around this city and ask if they know that person or knows anyone that knows that person, or like I've said a thousand times we could go with our guts you know.”

Thomas replied,” Okay Kade I get that you listened to your guts like months ago and that helped you find everyone. But that might've just been luck you know.”

Thomas and Kade is arguing while Gabby thinks of something for her to do because she thinks this is all their going to do, fight, bicker, and cause problems. Without them even noticing Gabby sneaks out. She goes out near the city where it is usually the busiest even though it hasn't been super busy in months, she just had a feeling that she needed and had to go there. Yeah, an 8-year-old all by herself. When she gets there, she hears a voice in her head, she thought it was someone around her, but no one was around, and it sound like they were near her. Then there it goes again, the voice. 

“Meet me by Jenkins Café.”

In confusion Gabby looks around again and a few more times before going to Jenkins's cafe. As she makes her why there she feels uneasy like someone is watching her, so she starts jogging till she got there. Right as she almost got there someone took her arm and pulled her in a building and said,

“Why are you guys looking for me.”

“What do you mean looking for you. I have never ever met you in my life. And I have no clue who you are. But please get out of my face because your breath smells worse than my brothers' farts.”

in disgust, this person lets go of Gabby's arm and got out of her face and said,

“I'm the last person you guys are looking for. I'm one of the three that didn't get caught when everyone in this city went missing.”

Gabby's jaw dropped in shock, “h-how did you know we were looking for you? How did you talk to me through our heads? How did you- Who are you.”

“Please, enough with the questions. My name is Freddy. Just call me Fred. Take me to your friends there too much to explain and I don't feel like explaining it more than once.”

There they are. Fred and Gabby on their way back to Kades house. There is so much going on in Gabby's head she does not even know what to say or if she should even say anything. After a long awkward walk, they finally make it back. Before they even got inside, they could still hear Kade and Thomas arguing. When they walked inside together it got silent. Kade broke the silence.

“Um. Who are you supposed to be? And why are you here get out!”

“No Guys!” Gabby said,” He's the last person. Last person that we needed to find. And he came here because he said there's a lot of explaining and doesn't want to say it more than once. And yeah, so here we are right now.”

Surprisingly Kade didn't say a word after that. And told him to get on with whatever he needs to tell us.

Here we all are sitting around Fred. He hesitated before saying anything then he went on.

“I know all of you may have lots of questions. And I know you want answers. You will get some answers to some but not all your questions. First as you know I am one of the three people in this city that didn't get caught during that big change of event those months ago. And I know miss Gabby is probably scared to be in my presence, because believe it or not I can talk to people through my mind and their mind. And I know where that thing took your friend, but I still haven't figured out what this creature is supposed to me or why it chose to target this city specifically and not anywhere else. I also don't know how we are supposed to defeat this creature or if it's even possible. Kade all I can say is you had it off easy months ago when you saved everyone never in a million years could anyone do that. And I'm pretty sure we didn't get taken hostage because I had a dream, we were meant to hunt these things down and trap them. Yes I've pretty much met you both in a dream. And you're probably wondering how I can talk to people through my head or that I even knew that you all were looking for me, and how I knew took your friend. I really don't even know myself to be honest I've been doing research and found nothing. It's like I get visions of important stuff and then I know what's going on with stuff around this city. There's a lot of stuff to go over but we need to help your friend. We will do that the first thing after breakfast tomorrow and then we will take off. Now off to bed all of you.”

Without a word to be said, and so many questions going on through all their heads and shock. They went to bed to get some sleep to prepare to tomorrow that no one looks forward for.

It's about 6:30 in the morning, everyone wakes up to Fred's voice.

“It's time to get up, no whys or,” buts because we got a busy day ahead of us.

They all eat breakfast and get ready for this big day that's ahead of them. Now they're ready. Ready for today. To try and make things right like stuff used to be. Now their on their way to help Taryn and their city. Their up for an unknown surprise..

March 17, 2021 21:01

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

7 comments

19:04 Mar 18, 2021

Great job Lucy! I love the use of the present tense in this story. I just wanted to let you know you should probably take your age out of your bio because reedsy doesn't approve your stories if they know you're under 18.

Reply

Lucy Thompson
13:16 Mar 19, 2021

Oh lol will do😅

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
ALINA Manha
18:25 Mar 18, 2021

Hi 👋🏻Lucy, Your stories are really wonderful and I love them. And can I add you on wattsapp? I think we can become good friends,cause we are the same age. Well, almost same . Don't want to sound like a creep or anything but I just love talking to people who have same interest as me.

Reply

ALINA Manha
18:29 Mar 18, 2021

And I want to say. Keep writing and it's really sweet that you write stories for your little brother cause I do the same for my little ssisters. 😊 They are the first people to give feedback on my stories as I read it to them first before posting.

Reply

Show 0 replies
ALINA Manha
18:29 Mar 18, 2021

And I want to say. Keep writing and it's really sweet that you write stories for your little brother cause I do the same for my little ssisters. 😊 They are the first people to give feedback on my stories as I read it to them first before posting.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Lucy Thompson
13:16 Mar 19, 2021

Ofc!😌

Reply

ALINA Manha
23:50 Mar 20, 2021

Thanks! 😁

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 3 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.