0 comments

Fiction Romance Friendship

"Coming through"

She shouted and passed the crowded fish market. Her steps were racing the wind, her golden hair was flying with the wind and her green eyes were focused in one direction. When she approached to the M-shaped roof house, she jumped over the white fence, dodged the pissed off Chi Hua Hua dog and she pushed the front door.

"Carrie it is finally here!" she shouted once she stepped to the hall.

"Good morning Annie, You are full of energy as always," said a man who was wearing his coat. 

"Moring Mr. Haven" Annie greeted with cheerful voice.

"Carrie is upstairs Annie." Mrs. Haven was a slim woman and always had her hair tied in a bun.

"Thank you Mrs. Haven" Annie hit her way to Carrie's room. 

"Bye honey. Take care" Mr. Haven kissed his wife on her cheek and left fro work.

Room:

"Wake up Carrie! It is here!" Annie pulled Carrie's blanket. Carrie rolled her body like a cat and closed her eyes tightly.

"Annie for god sake let me sleep" she frowned.

"What? You want to sleep in this big day. Are you out of your mind? It is the Grand Cookie Master Day. And we have a job to do!" Annie pulled out a yellow shirt and red skirt from the closet.

"Do you want a red or a black one Carrie?" Annie showed her the skirts.

"No. I'm not going out today" Carrie covered her face with her pillow.

"Yes. You are going." Annie pulled Carrie's foot. Carrie screamed. 

"I have a lunatic friend," she cried.

"Oh yes you have crazy friend who are going to be the next Grand Cookie Master " Annie pulled up Carrie's top pajama's and dressed her in yellow shirt.

"Okay, just stop. Stop! I can get dressed by myself" Carrie held Annie's arms.

"Let's hit the road to the Grand cookie master committee center "Annie rushed to the door.

"I didn't eat my breakfast yet" Carrie shouted.

"It is on me today!" Annie peaked her head from the door and rushed again. Carrie dropped her shoulders and puffed her orange bangs.

Annie and Carrie were running towards the center building in happy sugar town. This town is a market place for food. If one wishes to find any kind of food, recipes and ingredients this place was the one on the map. Its every building resemble food specialty. 

Bowl shaped building is for soup, cupcake shaped is for cupcakes and the list goes on and this what made happy sugar town so unique. The food kingdom.

The Grand Cookie Master Competition take place every year and this year Annie was determined to win the award. The honor name of cookie master of the year and a lot of money that one could build his/her own bakery store.

"Hurry Carrie faster" Annie was holding her blue skirt in her both hands and running. Carrie was after her and she was trying to catch her breath in each steps.

"Wait Annie. They won't go away. Just slow down" Carrie cried 

"We must hurry and sign our names in the" Annie was looking at Carrie when she got a strong hit, sound of falling boxes and she fell down to the ground.

"Are you okay?" Carrie approached to Annie

"I'm ok" Annie stood up and rubbed her butt. She approached to the person she bumped on and kneeled down. 

"Are you ok sir? I'm very sorry about that," Annie said but she froze when she looked at the boy.

"I'm ok thank you" the sliver hair, sapphire eyes pale white skin and a white distinctive mark on the neck.

"Ah..umm" Annie murmured.

The boy smiled and kneel down to pick up the boxes. Annie rushed to help him so do Carrie did. 

Annie handed him the last box and pushed back her golden string hair behind her ears.

"Thank you. And be careful next time" he smiled again and went to the house. 

Annie stared at the boy with blushed face.

"Where did that handsome come from? We do not have that kind of boys here," Carrie said from behind Annie. 

Annie shook her head "The competition!" she screamed, held her skirt and hit the road again. Carrie rolled her eyes "Wait Annie" 

The Grand Cookie Master committee center was filled with different ages people, from teenager to old people. Every body had their smiles on their faces. 

"We want to registries," Annie said in breathy voice.

Carrie was behind her putting her hand over her chest.

A woman looked at them over her narrowed cat like glasses and with motion like a robot, she handed them a piece of paper.

"Write your names and bring it back before 5" she said in plummy tone.

"Thank you" Annie looked at the paper and her heart jumped.

"What three? It was two last year." She shouted

"Rules changed" again the plummy voice.

"Those are the new rules."She pointed at a large wooden board

"Rules for Grand cookie master competition.

Participants should be above 15 years old.

The team should consists three members.

The supportive person should be from the participants.

Only original recipe is accepted.

Make sure you bring all what you need a night before the day of the competition."

"How ridiculous is this?" shouted Annie. Carrie bend down to the woman's table "Did they rob ya or something?" said Carrie with her cowboy accent.

"If you don't like it you don't have to apply" the woman raised her lips and showed an evil smile.

"We will apply. Thank you" Annie pulled Carrie's arm and left.

"What we should do?" Annie was waking in circle.

"You seem you don't have a choice but to quit the whole thing" Carrie was sitting on a big barrel and swinging her feet.

"You!" Annie turned and pointed at Carrie.

"HEY, take it easy. I just said the truth" Carrie raised her both hands in front of her.

"No, Carrie. You will be the second member" Annie's eyes sparkled. 

"What?" Carrie screamed.

"And now I should look for the third one and the supportive guy"Annie walked in circle again.

 "Hey I didn't say yes," Carrie shouted.

"You seem to have a problem dear ANNIE" 

Annie and Carrie recognized that voice. A girl with expensive and pink laced dress which had a puff shaped under waist and it looked like cupcake, on her head was pink fascinator, curly chocolate hair and red lips was standing in front of them with two other girls who were less visible than her. 

"Ashly! What you doing here?" Carrie jumped and stepped between the girl and Annie.

"Oh! Hi Ashly. Are you going to apply for the competition as well? "Annie waved to Ashly in a chummy way.

"Yes and I will win you know that for sure" Ashly squeezed her lips. 

"You will lose, peacock," Carrie shouted.

"Hey Carrie we are all friends here. No mean words" Annie gripped Carrie's Arm.

"Ashly do you know any one who wants to participate in the competition? We lack one person." Annie smiled.

"Let me think" Ashly put her hand under her chin, "Of Curse I have" she glow her eyes 

"Really. Who?" Annie jumped. 

"My dog and his pop" Ashly blasted in laugh.

"You B**T!" Carrie jumped on Ashly and pulled her fascinator. Ashly screamed in high-pitched voice. Annie gripped Carrie and pulled her away from Ashly.

"I will tell Daddy! You orange monkey "Ashly cried and under her eyes were black splashes. 

"I'm Sorry Ashly," Annie shouted while she was dragging Carrie away from them.

"Annie let me give a slap on peacock ass." Carrie was struggling between Annie's arms.

"I guess you ruined her day already by pulling her fascinator," Annie said and let Carrie go when they were far from Ashly and her gang.

"I'm in" Carrie shouted.

"I know you are in Carrie" Annie smiled.

"I will show that peacock who the boss is!" Carrie kicked tiny stone and it flow in the air.

 "OUTCH!"

 The stone hit girl's head, turned to Carrie and rubbed her head.

Annie and Carrie dropped their jaws and their faces ran blush.

The girl was all in black. Black short hair, black shirt, black leather jacket, black knee level skirt, she wear black boots, wore black lipstick and had a ring in her nose.

"Wow! Cool "Carrie shouted.

"Sorry for that one. Did you get hurt?" Annie rushed to the all in black girl. She inspected them "I will live" she said.

"You have an awful taste in cloths. Worse than me" Carrie picked the leather jacket edge and stared at it. "But this is cool" she clapped her hands.

"You are not from the town." Annie smiled and reached her hand "I'm Annie nice to meet you" 

The girl slowly reached her hand to Annie "I'm Candy" she said.

"Candy? You look like a chocolate to me. Dark one" Carrie giggled.

"I'm Carrie" she reached her hand as well, "You look like a carrot" Candy raised her corner mouth when she saw Carries narrowed eyes.

"You must be the Jeweler daughter my Aunt talked about" Annie bounced.

"Yeah" Candy replied.

"Hey let's be friends" Annie put her hands on Candy's arm. Candy opened her eyes and her mouth gapped but she didn't say anything. 

"Yeah, don't be surprised. Annie always wants to be friend with everyone," Carrie explained. "Okay , let's be friends then " Said Candy.

"That's great. We can have tea in my house. I have preparing this cookie rec…" Annie stopped and she put her hand on her mouth "The competition!" Annie dipped her fingers on Candy's arm who screamed for second time.

"Oh, sorry Candy, I remembered the competition and got excited." Annie let go of Candy's arm "Do you join us Candy?" Annie lit up her eyes.

"Competition?" Candy said in shock, she didn't expect her walk to the town could end up by having friends and asked for join a competition.

"Grand Cookie master competition. It's about who will bake the most big and delicious cookie. I tried Mrs. Warner's cookie last year and I ate a dough. "Carrie rolled her eye.

"Cookie competition? "Candy rubbed her arms to soften the pain.

"Yes. And we lack of members. We need one more girl to the team and a supportive guy" Annie amused.

Candy shook her head "I don't know. I don't know how to bake cookies. I know how to make a chocolate but …"Annie jumped and hugged Candy who was surprised again by Annie's action.

"That is great! You are in then." Annie jumped while she was holding Candy.

"Hey I'm good to you know" Carrie crossed her arm

"Of course, you are good at everything" Annie turned to Carrie and smiled

"You got that right" Carrie nodded with satisfaction

"Okay we have still a supportive guy " Annie let go of Candy. 

"What is that?" Candy asked.

"Well, the person who will going to help us to bring the supplies and if we had a trouble during the competition he or she could help us to solve it" Annie explained. 

"We want a good one Annie. Do you remember Mr. Jerry? That was disaster," Carrie yelled.

"Yes, and poor Mrs. Helena. If that didn't happened she would win the competition last year" Annie looked heavy- hearted.

"Why? What happened" Candy asked 

"Mr. Jerry who was Mrs. Helena's supportive guy brought a salt instead of sugar. In competition, everybody is busy. Mrs. Helena didn't notice them. And well you imagine the result they got." Carrie got out her tongue.

"Poor Mrs. Helena. I heard she didn't go out fro her house for a month," Annie said "Yeah I heard that too," Carrie agreed.

"I have one guy we could count on" 

Annie and Carrie looked at Candy. "Really?" shouted Annie. 

"Yeah, I could ask my big bro. he got a truck, and he is reliable" she nodded.

Annie jumped and hugged Candy so hard Candy felt her breath was breaking

"Thank you Candy. Thank you "

Evening before the competition:

"That's your brother Candy?" Carrie was holding a big pot staring at the truck.

"Yeah, his name is Poe" Said Candy 

"What is matter with you and your names? Poe? For god sake. He should be named Alexander or some cool name like James. James is good right Annie?"

Carrie turned to Annie who was out of service looking at Poe.

"Annie hello. From Happy sugar town to Annie" Carrie waved her hand in front of Annie's face, she blinked" OH yes definitely we will use a jam in the recipe" she smiled. Carrie and Candy sighted.

"Hey sis the whole Flour you mentioned is in the storage room. And I don't know if it's okay to put the sugar in the tenet. It seems it's going to rain" Poe approached to the girls and pointed to the sky. 

Gray clouds began to invade the evening; the usual orange sky didn't appear and the groan of thunders seemed to be calling for near rain.

"Yeah the sky is yelling for rain" Candy picked up a box.

"Hey sorry I didn't introduce you to…"Before Candy could finish her lines Carrie reached out her hand "Carrie nice to meet you ".

"Oh, I'm Poe. Nice to meet you" Poe shook Carrie's hand. 

"Okay, this is Annie. Poe" Candy introduced Annie. Poe looked at Annie and he gasped, "Hey you are the girls bumped on me the other day right?" he smiled. Annie looked down and her face turned into tomato, Carrie looked away so she avoid the "WTF" expression of Candy's face.

"They bumped into you too?" Candy said in sarcastic way.

"Yeah, when we were moving the furniture" Poe said cheerfully but not soon he rubbed his wet hands "I'm sorry I didn't mean embarrassing you Annie. My apologies" he took off his hat. 

"It's…Ok…it was …umm…my fault anyway…"Annie murmured.

"I'm Poe Nice to meet again" He reached his hand to Annie and elegant smile appeared on his face. 

Annie shook his hand with trembling hand and pushed her string behind her ear. 

"Ok I will get the sugar but you must prepare room for it in the storage room." He said and left the girls.

"Are in love my dear friend?" Carrie put her arm around Annie who jumped in shock "No …me …Absolutely not… I thought how would it feels if I stroke his hair …and…" she looked at the girls.

"You are in love. Yeah "Candy said and walked with the box

"Obviously" Carrie strode after her.

"I'm not. Hey girls" Annie rushed after them.

The day of the competition:

The starting bell had rang, the competitors started their hands into making their giant cookies and everybody was busy. It was like ant nest.

"Shit!" Carrie yelled 

"What is wrong?" Annie's heart stung.

"The jam Annie. Look" Carrie pointed at the jars where they kept the jam.  Pieces of glasses were scattered all the place, Red viscous jam was mix with soil that turned to a mud clay. 

"NO!" Annie screamed. 

"What the …"Candy entered the tent. 

"It's got to be Ashly" Carrie shouted and took a knife near her. "I'm going to slaughter that Peacock and made it for dinner".

Annie kneeled down, her eyes were wet and she shivered.

"My …Dream…my …Cookie master dream…" she made a wobbly voice.

"Girls what you doing they …"Poe entered the tent. He rushed to Annie once his eyes caught her sight.

"What happened? "he shouted

"My jams…they ruined my jams …I can't win like this …" Annie blasted in tears.

"I'm going to kill that B#@T!" Carrie tried to run out of tent, but Candy held her. "Killing some body wouldn't make us win. Fool" Candy Shouted.

Poe saw the jam mud and his eyes lit up. 

"Candy your chocolate mud!" Poe shouted, Candy looked agitated and Carrie tilted her head in confusion. 

"Yes, Candy use that Recipe of yours instead of the jam" he said. 

"Annie you can do this. Candy has this Chocolate mud thing recipe and you can use it instead of the jam" he tabbed on Annie's back, she looked at his confident sapphire eyes and in second, a person image flashed in her mind, the one who gave her that same look when she declared her dream. 

"But we don't have Cocoa bro" Candy said in tight voice.

"We can do this, Girls" they looked at Annie. She was a different person. They never seen her in this form; she was like a warrior holding her sword and ready to fight once more.

"I'll get you your Cocoa's sis just keep working" Poe rushed out of the tent.

Annie held Carrie and Candy's hand, "I need you with me girls" she said.

"Let's do this "Candy shouted in excitement

"let's show that b##t she missed up with the wrong gang" Carrie waved the knife.

"I'm accounting on you girls" Annie tied her apron knot. 

3 o'clock and the finishing bell rang. Everybody was ready with their cookies out side their tents.

"Hey did they manage to bake their cookie?" Loren was sitting beside Ashly.

"Of course not. Their Jelly was over right. You ruined every jar they had right? Any way, did you see the judge expression when he ate my cookie? He was satisfied. I can tell. It is our win" Ashly waved her hair and giggled.

"Wonderful! I never taste this before my entire life" 

The voice that everybody heard was the judge voice. The competitors looked at the tent where the judge stood and tried to determine who had that complement. Ashly rushed to where the crowd was gathering. She gasped, and tossed her fascintor on the ground. 

"That is impossible"  

"And the winner is Miss Annie, miss Carrie and miss Candy Congratulations "a huge applause blasted.  

The judge handed Annie, Carrie and Candy three golden paper written on them "Grand Cookie master".

December 10, 2020 11:50

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.