0 comments

Adventure Coming of Age

It was a hot summer's day and I was sure I had totally nothing in my bank account. But I decided to check at the nearest ATM anyway,hoping againest hope that I was a millionaire,I thought to my self," what a joke your right",

Eagerly I insorted my efpos card in the slot of the ATM on the main street.

Thinking nothing of it. My eyes nearly popped out of there socits, when I sore how many zeros that had appared on the ATM screen. you would never believe it my account had twenty million dollars in it.

I said to myself," "what the hell" "How the hell did this happen to me",

This sort of thing never happened to me. I mean I have never so much as won 100 in a lotto draw. Sadenly I was thinking of all the wonderful things I could buy.

I quickly moved all the money from one account to my savings.After I was finished,I received a call from my boss saying that I was going to get promoted at work,this week.I could not believe it,it was not only a job I loved. But my pay would be increased by 300 dollars. I was over the moon.

"What a day" I said to myself. I could not believe what was happening to me.Next I received a call from my layer, he was calling to tell me that I had a grant uncle who was a millionaire,who had died of cancer and the day before he died he out all his money into my bank account.

I said to myself as I walked back to my old tin of a car." That would explain things.My layer also told my I had a brand new car and house to my name and I had to do totally nothing at all. I was so happy.

I packed up everything I owned and headed to the new house. I tryed to find out about the funeral for my grant uncle BoB. But I found out sadly I was not invited and not welcome. I felt very upset about this,as there was some new family, I was looking forward to meeting.

When I arrived at my new home in the country, I was surprised to see that it was not just any new house, it was a manor. I now had a six bedroom new house and the latest car. Suddenly I felt lonely and sad, releasing I was all alone.

I suddenly released that all my years of running after money ment nothing even with every thing I had gained. Yes that's right money ment nothing if I had noone to share it with. So I called all my family, including my children to tell then to come and stay when ever they wanted.

They where all so happy for me. Next I went on a shopping spear, I spent 1000 dallors.But I was still not happy, for in my past I had seen meany people with no home,living on the streets and seen on the news how the food banks where

finding it hard to keep up with feeding family's finding it hard.

Even with my family staying when ever they could, I was still not happy and my new promotion was paying the bills for sure! But I was very unstatfied, what use was all the money. If I could not help out in our wonderful country.

Every time I watched the news my heart hurt,I felt like all this money I had to do something for someone at least every day. So when I went shopping,I would buy stuff for the food banks,still it did not feel the some.

I thought about it and I started to make gift baskets and clothing and hot meals for the homeless. The more I did for the people of our country that had a hard road, the happier I was.It did not take long to found what made me happiest of all.For I was more happy helping others then having any amount of money in my account.

I gave up my job and sent what time I could helping out the homeless and the familys that needed help.The more I did that the happier I was.Turns out I was never going to ran out of money,But it reached me that it was greasy not to help others.

I also built a four bedroom house in the big grounds. This house was going to be a house for unwedd mum's and children. Soon I had my first family move in,they would be living there for as long as it took to get a job and a new house.

I would give them all there meals and personals, so that they could pay of debt and save and buy clothes for there children. The young family I had in my secound house where very happy,which made me smile.The solo mother had four children,so I thought it would be a good idea to find her some help for when I was busy.

She had a baby,a four year old,twin two year olds,so she was very busy.But she was very determined to gain some study or work.A year had passed and the young mum was debt free and had just been offered a job.But she felt like she needed more time to save more money for a rental or state house.

I argued with her and said stay as long as you need.I released she had became part of my family in a way. My children liked her and her children got along with mine. Her birthday was due the day after mine so we had a big shared party.I made a fabulous cake and got her a pricey gift and asked her not to get me one.

What a party it was.instead of gift bags for everyone,we asked everyone to bring something for the food bank to pick up the next day. The next day the local food bank people picked up the surplus of food.They where very happy and said thank you very much.

August 14, 2022 09:26

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.