1 comment

Creative Nonfiction

As I woke up from my nightmare, in a sweat, I was taken back by what I had experienced in the middle of the night; a dream left for only me to believe. This particular dream had happened more than once, each time becoming, less and less, scary, and more of a comfort, for me. Have you ever had a loved one visit you in a dream? I have.

See, it all started in my quiet days of highschool; time when I was shy, without a lot of friends, but an ability to learn and understand what was being taught. This particular gentleman could carry a conversation with me, make me laugh, but also embarrass me at times just to bring me out of my shyness. Without a name I can say that I had a crush for many years, even after highschool, he was in my life. In all reality, I dated his friend, who had the same name as my highschool crush.

There were two occasions while with this man, that I felt close to my highschool crush. In order to cope with the hard things I experienced in my relationship, my highschool crush comfort me without him knowing. As I cried, I fell asleep, but after a video game on fifa I found comfort in his presence while laying there. He had found a movie, told me everything would be ok, until I fell asleep, woke up, to find him no longer there. As our relationship became harder and harder to have, it was time to go our separate ways. As a party was going on, outside of my bedroom door, listening to sad music, my highschool crush walked in; giving me a hug, he left the room. At that moment, I knew I was alone and that I would begin a new journey, with feelings of loneliness because the love was strong, but so far away. This is when the dreams began. Simply, the love I felt for this crush was only in my dreams. As I lay there, in the hospital bed, a volunteer walked in. Asking how I had got there, how I had hurt myself, this woman prayed. We cried together, and she prayed. That night he appeared to me in my dream. The nightmares had come to a hault, but his face and th e memory of him appeared to me; this brought me comfort, while I lay there, in the hospital bed, with little to no family contact. Each day I read out of my bible, got saved later on, but also recieved a visit, only dreams, by the love of my life, he just didnt know it.

As I was finishing up my lunch, a nurse approached me, "you have a visitor." As I walked around the corner, there he was, my highschool crush - the gentleman that I married, literally in my dreams, had showed up to take me home with him. I never revealed to him, the dreams that I dreamt. God had a plan for me; a plan that revealed to myself that I was not going to be alone.

February 10, 2020 17:44

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

04:16 Mar 05, 2020

The protag scares me, seem they'll become psycho in a heartbeat for their high school crush.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.