0 comments

Black Fiction Inspirational

“Can’t believe it’s only two of us left to clean up all these mess after being in the midst of about sixty plus people for four hours”

“ Yeah, how about the adage that said: 'If one stays late in a party, he will help to washing plates'. So, were are those that left late?”

“ Who decides or determine the time that is late?”

“ It is not actually the issue of time but people involved”

“ So, what you are saying is that we would have lock the door when five or two last people were leaving?”

“ At least two or three last people”

“Them, we would force them in washing plate”

“At least asked them politely to help a bit”

“Politely?’ after indirectly kidnapping them?”

“ You don’t know how to use words, it’s kidnapping, it’s called giving back to your host”

“Giving back to your host by force?”

“ would you cease their phones before asking them to give back to their host politely?”

“ What are you ceasing their phones for?”

“To prevent them from calling all the officers in this city here politely too”

“Why would they call officers?”

“First, you locked them in against their will, them you forced them to start washing plates against their will. And your are asking why they would call officers at smallest opportunity?”

“No, this is 21st century for goodness sake, they would understand”

“Understand?, If you’re in their shoes, would you understand?”

“It is not like they’re foreigners that don’t understand how things work s here”

“How things work here?, Where is here, and how does things work here?”

“ I have helped my cousin to clean up after party, so what’s the big deal?”

“Your cousin?, And what’s the big deal?, I don’t see the big deal too, to you are the one suggesting, why don’t you call up your cousin to come and repay the debate?”

“Call- up someone that didn’t attend the party to come and join in cleaning up?”

“Of course, you’re not asking for help, you’re asking him to come and repay his debate”

“He didn’t asked me to help, so he don’t have any debate to repay”

“Them, concentrate and do the cleaning silently”

“ As common sense directed me that very day to assist with the cleaning up, at least, it supposed to have directed one or few of the guest to help too?”

“Maybe they don’t have common sense like me, I still don’t see the sense in what you’re suggesting. It might be complicated sense at work in us”

“ Not only you, most people see only what they want to see”

“ Yeah, the idea of locking doors and forcing your guest to wash plates is still strange to me. Maybe, you are right. Mostly gear and see what I want to hear and see. But please, don’t lock anyone in when I am involved”

“ Next time, when there’s big party like this, we have to budget for the washing companies too”

“ Cleaning companies?, Not hire two or three middle age ladies to come and clean up?”

“ Those women?, No. When you hire a place like this, or stage the party in your house, you don’t invite those women for two reasons: They don’t know how to clean cushions like these ones, secondary, your things mighty start dis appearing in large numbers”

“It is at least one and half hour and you can do it if you don’t lose faith like I can see you did already. All these talks are not helping but distracting concentration”

“So, is there anything like chemical to clean the cushions I saw some drinks and oils on over there?”

“Warm water and toilet soap will do the work”

“This place I still believe is huge for two to clear all these mess am seeking all around”

“ It’s because you have Bering talking since God knows when, concentrate, it is not that big”

“ If you don’t talk, won’t you go bunkers in one and half hours time?”

“ Music is still playing softly, high it a bit”

“ But all these plates, are we going to return them this evening?”

“ It would leave the same way it came, the company would come to collect them once you call them”

“ Why won’t they come to collect them unwashed, most firms hiring out plates does that. They has workers that wash them to their standard”

“You paid little money to collect them in the first place, most firms doing the washing themselves charges high amount to cover that”

“The difference is not much, we would have paid them for that”

“Them stop washing, call them and pay them”

“How do they know if am washing this well or not?”

“They don’t need to know. Please, wash and dry them well too”

“For sure, they would still go through it well later”

“ Do you still remember that once it six, we will pay another money to the company?”

“ No one is paying any extra thing to anyone, if they don’t want to collect it, they can leave it here”

“I have put the left overs in the bag over there, I will leave you with the plates and focus on the garbage after that, I will turn to furnitures before returning to you to help in counting the plates and glasses. I hope you would have finished by then”

“Yeah, I hope so too. I wants to crash early, am mighty weak."

He was thinking why they even organized the party in the first place, he was doubting if the aim of organizing the party was even realised.

They had planned to use the party as watering ground like they say in adage to catch some of the big guys in most companies in the city to position themselves for employment opportunities after their service year which is nearing an end.

From look of things, only about ten percent of the big guys came, those absent don’t even care to send their boys from the office to represent them.

Maybe they even thought it was fund raising they were being called for. All in all, it’s not good sign. A man that refused to come and eat, is it to come and work he would honor?. This is not good sign at all. He signed loudly and went back to washing plates’. 

May 08, 2021 07:07

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.